Question Do I have the wrong Grasping Evil?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I originally read this novel a year or more ago under a different translator I believe. The story started off by a group of cultivators being rounded up and searched for an unclean if not evil spirit and or cultivator possessing or hiding in a section or something. The MC was hiding in the crowd or somewhere obscure away from the spot light.

Some famous young cultivator comes in and slays the creature after an investigation. The MC was somehow possessed by a piece of the spirit and without anyone noticing it, is shipped off to be a live training dummy. Where upon he is bullied or whatever.

This grasping evil is totally different from the 1 chapter I read. This novel the MC is raped almost to death by 100 women mostly virgins if not all, to be used as nourishment for their yin. He has a little brother? He was betrayed by his clan? He got a pendent that passes on dual cultivation? Wtf this isn't what I read...

The cover art has also been changed, but since I periodically checked up on the novel I know the name and picture are correct.

The original TL link is gone so I can't reference. Am I just to early in? Or are they totally different stories? I've been wrong before...

2. Lazyanon

Lazyanon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally different stories, I think the novel you are thinking about is demon god

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am really confused, the last part is the real Grasping Evil, what you mentioned is another novel I haven't read. As the post above me said, it may be Demon God, don't let chapter 1 throw you off it though, give it a chance. I found it a good read. It is in a way about an evil MC so expect evil.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  4. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally different

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  5. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, you have the right grasping evil; the one you described second is grasping evil, the first one is probably a different novel that you're misremembering the title of

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, can't tell ya how confusing that was. I really appreciate the help

7. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First one is definitely demon god, but everyone has already said that so whatever. Unfortunately it is abandoned, it has been over a year since it last updated. Well unless I removed it from my reading list without realizing it, and have just missed all the updates.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. DeadZky

DeadZky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're misremembering the title of the first novel you read, because the second one is the grasping evil that I've read just recently

9. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I plan to give the novel shot since now I know Demon God is no longer being translated and I'm in the mood for evil like GDK. It seems it will be an interesting read.