Webnovel.com has released Inkstone, an original content platform

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by QI_Meh, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You cant lol, im just a nobody

You could try i guess, except being mean on the internet isnt illegal so idk what you'd make a lawsuit for that WW hasn't already

Raizhee and AliceShiki like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Best comment on the thread. 10/10.
    Alright, I was wrong, this was the best reply.
    This comes as a close third~

QI_Meh likes this.
  3. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone who would sign that would be classed as insane by a court of law,

isn't the rule in any revolution that the lawyers are the 1st against the wall?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2018
    oliver likes this.
  4. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

Nope

Pizz0011 likes this.
  5. StampedingSquirrel

StampedingSquirrel Unstoppable Sciuridae

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where you guys live or if you guys have ever studied law, but in my country, we have Civil Laws that states that if any clause on a terms of service, terms of use, or any kind of contract, is considered abusive in court, it will be ruled invalid and illegal. So, even if you read a contract and sign it, if a clause is considered abusive by a judge, that clause will be ruled illegal. That is because even if you read it, it doesn't mean you understood it completely, it doesn't mean you knew how it really worked or how abusive it was. Contracts need to have balance, equivalence, or else it is considered illegal. That means that on a contract or on terms of service, your rights and obligations must be equivalent to the other party's rights and obligations (they don't have to be similar, but they must be balanced). It is totally unbalanced to "publish" a literary work on a website and automatically give them almost all rights reserved on your work. I am pretty positive that it works similarly on most countries in the world, as it is a basic principle on contracts and civil law. Some countries, like mine, even have special legislation on consumer protection, to help consumers against companies, especially in cases of abusive "standard form" contracts.
    Of course, if you can avoid all the legal trouble by not signing abusive contracts or using services that have abusive clauses on their terms of service, that would be ideal.

readerz likes this.
  6. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you only read like the first half of the thread lol

Raizhee likes this.
  7. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the deal with the new original novels on QI? They don't seem like standard english webnovels on QI, most of them seem to have the plotlines as that of the translated works. Did anyone manage to read them? Sorry if there's an existing thread, please merge if so orz

8. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i've not read any yet, but it makes sense for people to take inspiration from chinese novels when publishing on a chinese platform. Either that or it might be salty people trying to troll Qidian by copying their novels, but who knows

Chupchup likes this.
  9. Shizaki

Shizaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have they decided to "grabby grabby" and then take down RoyalRoadL now? I wonder which reason they'll have. I would laugh my ass off if their reasoning being plagiarism.

10. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please do not hijack a thread just to do some more anti-Qidian cirkle jerking, go to the merged thread for that.

NewbArtist likes this.
  11. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm......:hmm:.....
    1. Probably themselves are the ones writing it, to make it seem like there are Authors there
    2. Probably they invited the CN Authors to write English stories, or asking them to write stories then they translated them to English then post there to make it seem like there are Authors there.
    3. Trolls or something.
    Who knows. People that joined there are just fools, ignorants, or desperate for some $ anyway.
    (Was writing my comment when Mods did a "ninja ambush" and merged the thread(lol))

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Their Terms of Service were already updated and pretty much everything you said is moot.

:blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

13. AeonicI

AeonicI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    screw that site

If you guys are really interested in writing a story go to Wuxiaworld or Royal Road.

readerz and GrimKitty like this.
  14. GrimKitty

GrimKitty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, until they decide down the line to revert back to their original soul sucking ToS or something. It's not like they have any credibility or trustworthiness after all they've said and done before this. If they can change it to something acceptable, they can just as easily change it back. Whether you'll be properly notified or expected to notice and upkeep on your own is up in the air with them.

gorlax likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as another member said by asking CKTalon, that ToS is basically one that is there for most unprofitable novels on the site, once your novel starts getting popularity and it becomes profitable, they'd approach you with a proper contract.

So... It's probably fine.

16. GrimKitty

GrimKitty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There were a lot of posts here about how what they had before isn't fine. So I won't go over sixteen pages of "r they srs?" and will instead reiterate that there's the real risk of them going back to what was so bad. To top it off, they've worked exceedingly hard against earning the trust and good will of the webnovel community here. So I don't see why we should assume they'd do something as upstanding as approach you with a proper contract. Speaking of contracts, I remember hearing they like to give people the shaft with them.

I would in fact suggest that you plan for the worst with the terms they had, where they likely would have given you a pittance at best unless you signed your soul away to join that story. Perhaps the occasional lucky sap would get a good deal - if only to encourage more writers joining them. If you want to play russian roulette with your story, by all means get in bed with them.

I'm going to go play Tera or something. Any more responses may take from hours to days. Not that what I'm saying is important but... eh.

17. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    NewbArtist and kenar like this.
  18. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Congress

Congress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Wuxiaworld accepting more originals now??

20. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.