Discussion Modern Earth Cultivation Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by OldManGu, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually liked RPS at the beginning, but a few dozen chapters later it just started getting ridiculous. How had he not gotten kicked out of the group? It's about red packets, why did he not send any out once he realized they liked his stuff from private trades? Why does he keep picking up women? He doesn't have time for the one or two first ones already.

I started getting overwhelmed by the foreshadowing of future bad decisions from the author, so I decided to end it while I still had decently fond memories of what could have been a great story.

User01 and OldManGu like this.
  2. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your Cultivation Novels takes place in a modern setting and they don't explain how these cultivator even exist on earth.

Then you better drop the novel as it is most likely about wish fulfillment.

3. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Archfiend and Cultivation Chat Group are pretty much the only two I can think of that are pretty good, but those two have already been mentioned before. Never heard of Girl, I'll teach you cultivation, what is it about?

And in my opinion, writing a good modern earth cultivation novel would actually take a decent amount of skill, not to mention that it is only just starting to become a popular genre. In a normal Xianxia, an author can just make up some BS to justify some characters actions, while in a Modern Earth one, you would have to actually follow the laws of this reality.

Forgot about Fishing the Myriad Heavens. Some people don't really like that novel, as after a couple dozen chapters the novel sorta stops focusing on the actual fishing and instead on the cultivation aspects of the myriad worlds. Which I suppose isn't a bad thing, considering what you are requesting.

4. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    image.jpg

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/girl-ill-teach-you-cultivation/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2018
  5. Bludflag

Bludflag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fishing the Myriad Heavens follows the story of Bei Feng, a man with heavy bodily injuries going back to his village and running into a peculiar well—it connects to the Myriad Heavens and lets him catch rare treasures and powerful beasts. Because of his rapid rise rn strength and resources, his initial attitude changes to that of an arrogant young master until he realizes he has a heart demon borne of arrogance and travels the mountains in winter as a mortal, his blood and Qi sealed.

The biggest downside would be standing his arrogant ass until chapter 170 or so and the slow release rate (among the slower QI novels, going as low as 4/week and as high as 11–14/week). The worldbuilding is nice and the author portrays an actual picture within three chapters when protagonist fishes for material. You might dislike that there are other cultivators on Earth, but they tend to have less resources (and thus lower cultivation realms) compared to him because Qi isn’t as abundant as before. It’s relatively hard to see a Controlled Dan expert, but there can be some old people that survived for hundreds of years.

6. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    CCG is good but RPS? Another CN novel suffering from j*ckass and scumy harem-lusting MCs.

User01 likes this.
  7. CursedLight

CursedLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much the same except i could bear all these just for the sake of this pretty rare original idea that the MC has a lover who has a kid. And then he picks women out of nowhere when he said some chapters ago that he wouldn't. No, just no Author.

Oh yeah, now i remember there was that foreshadowing stuff too...

User01 likes this.
  8. Belgarion_V

Belgarion_V 『The Supreme Chuuni』『Explosion Loli』

Reading List:
    Link
    So extra modern then

9. kjoke

kjoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a few but none of them are being translated..-.-'
    My Daoist Life
    Post-’80s Cultivation Journal
    Celestial Employee
    The Lame Daoist Priest
    Raising a Fox Spirit in My Home

10. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t forget the sexism and womanizing. Oh, and the rape. And the fact that most modern day CNs will never achieve true harem(polygamy) since it just ends up in heartbreak, throwaway girls, forgotten girls, drama, etc. Did I mention the rape?

11. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a futuristic earth setting

12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like Post-Apocalyptic, as in the first few chapter he said that there was a virus that wipe out a third or something of the human population and then monster started appearing.

13. Desydesu

Desydesu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Archfiend
    Imo Archfiend is just like harry potter with cultivation. You'll find cultivation community in modern world. How cutivator and demon work in modern society with internet and technology.
    But Mc is ruthless, hard working, and really really cool. I mean, mc didn't care about anything but revenge, and he still didn't have love interest, so I don't think there will be harem anytime soon. This not your typical harem cultivation novel.
    But I have to agree that this story is rather slow and heavy.

14. Undeadlord

Undeadlord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right and if we are talking about heritage then India, Egypt, Greece some other countrys about as long heritage and glorious or even better than the Chinese.

User01 and shianthiestrada like this.
  15. Belgarion_V

Belgarion_V 『The Supreme Chuuni』『Explosion Loli』

Reading List:
    Link
    technicalities

16. Undeadlord

Reading List:
    Link
    The harem would be pretty good if the mc keep the girls and take care of them properly not just temporary lover then forgotten or we are not of the same world bullshit like most CN novels.

User01 likes this.
  17. Dbokoont

Dbokoont Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  18. Undeadlord

Reading List:
    Link
    User01 and Dbokoont like this.
  19. Dbokoont

Dbokoont Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finally another person who reads this book:cry: i have no words to express my happiness:D.No im good i dont need any spoilers just the the fact someone else reads this book makes my day:D

20. heavenly sect master 123

heavenly sect master 123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    question where did you read it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.