Hehe The Math Fail

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lemonadez, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno.
    Fool around in class almost everyday and make everyone mad...
    I’m good at math tho.

2. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you also check when they expired? It shows the stones that will expire soonest. Meaning you had 4 stones that would expire at same time. Once you used those 4 stones u had 12 stones that would expire soonest.

Example
    4 stones expire 4/20 but you use them up
    Then you see
    12 stones expire 4/22
    It just moved down the list to show you next expiring stones.

3. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 problem. They dont show which stones they are that expire. Many of those could have been different stones from what you bought. It just shows stones expire and not details of how you got them.

4. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the fact that spirit stones expire at all is basically criminal, but the one part that can you can actually file a lawsuit and win on for sure is the 'purchase bonus' SS. you've spent real money to buy them (i would assume anyways) and the fact that SS expire even if they are bonus SS is still theft of money. regardless of if it says bonus or not the fact is you bought said SS with money.

that's all i'll say on this. i'll leave the wars and hate to others.

Tebix likes this.
  5. ken1345

ken1345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure Paid ones won’t expire since it says “ # bonus expiees in # days”

6. LNFanatic

LNFanatic Programmer, Meme Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why QI is universally hated. Any other business which made that monumental of a mistake would simply let it go and re-institute a working version and even let their customers know that they get to keep their spirit stones. Subtracting it post-patch is such a scummy thing to do IMO. You punish your consumer base for your own mistake, which is stupid business tactics and good on you OP for ditching their asses.

7. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you purchase a SS at certain $. You get Bonus SS. That Bonus SS also xpired in 90 Days instead of 30.

8. ken1345

ken1345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

9. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost over 500 SS

10. Aethalis

Aethalis 【High Templar】【Professional Lurker】【Atheist】

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sorry for the inconvenience caused!"
    I really didn't mind this 'inconvenience'...

11. Dravileo

Dravileo Imofever never end

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm, gravity tales
    Why?
    @Lemonadez

12. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
  13. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope they don't pull that crap with me stones or I'll scratch their eyes off!

14. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Purchase bonus =/= purchased. It's up to them how to classify it. As long as it takes free stones before paid stones, no issue. And you'd have to file a support claim first, I think.

15. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on point of view and how the ToS is, but even then a good lawyer and a non-rigged court should be able to prove that the bonus applied to the purchase is still part of the purchase and therefore given in return for money spent, and therefore is theft when taken away without compensation.

that's all i was pointing out. as i said before but the whole expire system is pretty much criminal to begin with, this is just the most illegally criminal area of it.

16. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you'd be surprised.

17. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    I would assume how they adminsiter the power stones is considered a part of the terms of service where it says:

"We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service."

Applicable exceptions aside, use of the Webnovel service seems to have this legal agreement as part of its terms of service:

"In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Webnovel in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Webnovel agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration."

and

"Any arbitration between you and Webnovel will be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (”HKIAC”) under the Administrative Arbitration Rules of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre in force when the notice of arbitration is submitted."

So I would say good luck with any legal actions against them. Even if some legal case could go through courts, I wonder how much financial resources it would take to actually win a case, since there are plenty of legal tactics to delay the process and mount the costs of a case over time before a final verdict might be made.

18. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i was just making a point. i know that realistically it's pretty much impossible for the average joe to win against them... but considering people have won lawsuits far more stupid it's possible. in the US that is. after all it's a place where you can burn yourself with coffee and sue the people who made it... AND WIN!!! (for those who somehow don't know. a person got coffee at mcdonalds and dropped it in their OWN lap, burning themselves then sued MC-D's and won a million dollar lawsuit.)

19. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's how I did it. I wasn't using my down time to do problems I already understood. As soon as I understood the equation I was done. Every math homework assignment I had was incomplete or just 0. Took the B instead of wasting an 1-2 hours of reading each night for no reason.... And then they decided homework was 30-40% of the grade and my life became hell.

I don't miss highschool. College was way better.

20. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    I came because I read Math
    disappointed