Discussion What series have gone on for too long?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by NZPIEFACE, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised.

2. raikun1209

raikun1209 Wandering Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Two Words.

One Piece.

3. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    Bleach was a disappointment....

Nino Sasou likes this.
  4. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Star wars is utter garbage and still going on with movies and w/e . Does it count ?

Not my fav tho

Nino Sasou likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhn, let's see...

Dragon Ball could have easily ended when Goku beat Piccolo, it was an excellent point to stop with Goku having a rival that would always be out there for him, right after he decided to marry and not become god.

After that, another good point for ending was at the end of Frieza's saga, when Goku finally became the strongest in the universe, he defeated the strongest of them all, saved the universe from the its tyrant and was a "living" (he could just be revived) legend... It was a good stopping point because there was honestly nothing else stronger in the whole universe, anything that they tried to pull would just be a stretch and kinda forced... But hey, Money talks and the series continued.

The end of Cell's saga was also a decent one. Goku was dead for real this time, Vegeta gave up on his rivalry and decided never to fight again while also starting to feel like a real father, Gohan realized his full potential and became more than Goku could ever be... Seemed good enough to stop.

The next was, obviously, the end of Buu's saga. As in, it was supposed to finally be the real end, really, over, finally over. Done, everything solved, no more dragon ball, it was a perfect stopping point... But then they had to make that whole bunch of nonsense called Dragon Ball Super that is mega inconsistent and makes so absolutely little sense that is pretty much impossible to be considered canon for anyone that knows even a small bit about Dragon Ball... *sighs*

Seriously, there were tons of great stopping points, even the end of Vegeta's saga was okay. Anything was okay except making that ridiculous thing called DBS, even DBGT is better than that one.

Okay, what next... Uhn... Fairy Tail could have definitely ended before the War Arc, it would need some adaptation to close the loose ends, but it would be a lot better than what Mashima did with it.

Bleach could have ended before the War Arc as well, the whole Quincy thing was pretty nonsensical and from beginning until the end I didn't quite get why the Quincys were fighting...

Naruto could have had a great end with Pain's death (would need to solve the thing with Tobi though, so a bit of adaptation would be needed too), right before... The war arc? Wait a minute, I'm starting to see a pattern here... Perhaps War Arcs are a bad idea unless the author is as amazing as Eichiro Oda? Hmmmmm... No, it can't be that...

What else? Oh, right, Otoburi would be great if it ended... Before that whole Rebellion and their war against the nobles!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seriously folks, don't make wars, wars are bad! Bad! Either make a whole story focused on wars (like Gundam, Youjo Senki and stuff), or be an amazing author (like Eichiro Oda) or don't make wars! You'll ruin your series! Wars are bad and should not be made! They just shift the whole focus of the story to a bunch of side characters nobody cares about, and the plot stops developing for 200 chapters, because it's just fight after fight with nothing new being added... Wars. Are. Horrible! >.<

/endrant.

Ah, honorable mention to Star Wars I suppose, Disney really did a horrible job with it.

6. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    School Beauty's Personal Body Guard. Man, it's been several years the author's writing it now, and we're on Chapter 6927, which is... 6927 chapters long past its due date. Author's good at writing city life novels, but he really really really sucks at writing cultivation ones.

Nino Sasou and AliceShiki like this.
  7. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    grey's anatomy and supernatural have gone for wayyy too long ....one piece too
    as for bleach ....

also shameless (US) ...for me it ended at season 4 and i dont care how many more seasons it will have

8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    You put too much effort into this.

Zone Q11, Lv1 Slime and AliceShiki like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch, that burn~
    Teehee~? I can't help it whenever I have a chance to rant about Otoburi~

Though I barely touched Otoburi this time... >.>

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that replaces the hot female lead : Transformers, The Librarians, The mummy etc

11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods head in agreement with all of them"

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    The direction Bleach took never really made sense to me, rather than Ichigo beating Aizen with some bullshit power up it would have been better if it had continued on to a full blown invasion of soul society, instead of the story taking a detour for a few years just to go back and do the same thing anyway but with a new set of villains.

alexfilia and AliceShiki like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, well, what I liked on that part was that Ichigo still lost though~

Like, he got a BS power up, sacrificed all his powers, used his ultimate attack and... Failed.

He made the opportunity to seal Aizen though, but I think it was nice to show how even at his peak of peak, Ichigo still lost.

Aizen's arc was overall pretty enjoyable to me, probably because the whole thing on Hueco Mundo didn't scream "NONSENSE!" (it had some nonsense, but didn't scream it) at every 5 seconds.

The fights were still pretty cool and all, and most arrancars were pretty likeable all things considered. So it was okay overall.

Fullbringer arc was just plain weird though, and the Quincy's arc was like... "Whaaaaaaaaat?"

I do agree that other arcs could have been handled better, but I think that up until the end of Aizen's arc, the majority of the readers still enjoyed the story considerably.

After that it just started going downhill, and into a full 90° downfall on the Quincy War arc.

Nino Sasou, _Selutu_ and Blitz like this.
  14. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah aizen arc was a good endpoint
    The fullbringer arc that came after it was completely random and weird with all the new characters and random power thats suddenly introduced which ends up being completely thrown away again for the next arc.
    Then the mess of the quincy war started. which had the same problems. I stopped with the series after one too many flashbacks occurred within a side characters battle while the author kept trying to drag the story on:blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless:

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmm... If anything, I think the fight against the miracle guy was really interesting, I felt it was a shame the author couldn't finish it.

The arc was all over the place, it was completely nonsensical, I had no idea what was happening and why... But it still had some good fights at least, I'll give the author that.

I felt it was a shame to axe it, I think it would end in one more year anyway.

alexfilia and Blitz like this.
  16. Masuri

Masuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bringing the farm to another world. I think 9000+ chapters is way too long..

drollawake likes this.
  17. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Aizen arc is like the arc that the majority of people thought were amazing. Fullbringer made no sense and the Quincy arc... It could have been handled better. Heck, the idea really wasn't so bad, the issue was that there was essentially no build up for it. It literally came out of nowhere. It really didn't help that the series got axed either. But... something cool did come out of the ending as a result of it being axed.

[​IMG]
    I mean, how can you not love the hoodie shinigami?

Sigh... Out of the original big three, Bleach was the only one I really liked, it's a shame it turned out the way it did. One Piece was always more of a pass time, and I absolutely detested Naruto. Meh. At least Fairy Tail which came after turned out pretty nice over all.

18. FunkyWizard0304

FunkyWizard0304 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Supernatural... it should have ended after season 4~5

19. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor’s Domination IET and Desolate Era have nothing on this novel. 3123 Chapters (Ongoing) 1424 currently translated. Desolate Era only has 1450 Chapters...

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the quincy was kinda nonsensical... I mean...

Weren't the quincys supposed to fight only with bows and arrows? What's up with all those superpowers?
    Why are they fighting the shinigamis now that an absurd power creep happened and the shinigamis can easily take control of the hollows attacking the real world?
    How come Ishida was literally the only Quincy alive in the world to not know there was a huge bunch of other quincys alive? He was so 100% sure he was the last quincy left!
    And seriously... Why. Are. They. Fighting!? They didn't answer that from beginning until the end!!!! *flips table*

Cute Ichigo son is cute though~

*loves one piece so won't comment on that part*

Uhn... You liked how Fairy Tail turned out? I mean... The last arc was horrendous for me, up until the last arc it was okay, but the last arc totally ruined it.

I mean... The author decided it was a good idea to reintroduce every single side character everyone already forgot about... Not a great start.
    Then, he makes an absurdly long war with 0 plot development, because... Well, wars are cool? Not.

Then each fight starts taking only 1 or 2 chapters at most, because there are way too many fights and it's starting to get dragged out... So the fights are now boring... Yay.

Then new enemies are introduced (such as Zeref's son), only to be completely forgotten with no explanation whatsoever (like... How was he even born in the first place? Mavis was dead... And this was like, decades ago).

Then the MCs start winning by sheer plot armor (light dragon eating "white" for example).

Then comes the great fight against Zeref, whose motive is to... Run against Acknowlogia? Uhn... Why were you riding that giant dragon back in Tenrou Island arc then? Wasn't that a clear display of your superiority over it? H-how come!? -> Plot holes.

Then there is the whole epicness of Zeref VS Natsu's fight... Mage casts: FIST! Like... Seriously? You're pretty much an avatar of time already, and you're casting "Fist"? That's your spell? And why will you not cross the door of time right in front of you just because Natsu called you behind your back? Your goal is literally right in front of you, just ignore Natsu and cross it. -> Stupid Zeref is stupid.

Oh, and Acknowlogia and its great and amazing motive... Destruction, just plain destruction. So... Why didn't you destroy the world yet? You had 400 years to do it, and nobody, literally, nobody, had even remotely enough power to stop you so far... So why now? Why wait 400 years to wait until the other dragonslayers passed through the gate of time? Couldn't you just kill all life in the world and then let they die of hunger? And seriously, what kind of horrible author makes an antagonist whose motive is plain and pure destruction? (Unless it's a force of nature that doesn't really think or something) Am I really looking at the author of Rave here? -> Horrible antagonist is horrible.

And how is the most epic fight ever resolved? That's right! Mage cast... Fist!!! -> Best spell ever.

Oh, and in the end not only did he not make Lucy and Natsu's obvious pairing as a confirmed canon, but also said something about them going on the 100 years quest... I was like... 90% sure this quest was "Kill Acknowlogia", which essentially means it is already completed... I got too lazy to search for the chapter to double check it though.

So... I think Fairy Tail was the one that ended the worst out of all the 4 big ones? Seriously, it came out pretty terribly IMO, full of plot holes and nonsensical stuff on this last arc... Erase the last arc and it was at a good point though, the author just messed up really badly with this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.