LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally really like this novel, novel like this is what really make me read xianxia/xuanhuan genre since the beginning

I hate the translator who mock one of my favourite novel.

you cannot read past chapter 20? wahaha

i cannot even bother to try read your translation dude

i don't even know what are you translating, and clearly your taste are really different from my taste. I grew up watching legend of condor heroes and others wuxia series and MC journey from a village to become the most powerful being is really enjoyable for me.

2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    You hate a Translator who deigned to have an opinion contrary to your own? I'm sure you dislike Novels that he really enjoys. Should he and the rest of us hate you too for something so inconsequential?

You shouldn't base the Quality of his Translations or Novels based on the fact that he Dislikes a Novel you enjoy. Talk about being Petty.

If you don't even know what he is translating... you should maybe find out? Who knows, he may be translating something that you would enjoy. After all i am sure that the types of novels you enjoy go beyond just 'The MC becoming the strongest in existence' trope.

I'm sure your tastes are different but probably overlap in some areas. I mean, you are both members of NuF, there is overlap somewhere. Just don't sling shit till you actually know, find out first... then sling shit. Would still be petty though.

I also like the Novel. But i wouldn't nominate for any award. It's issues are as numerous as it's good moments. Still enjoyable enough though.
    Honestly the only thing keeping me going in the last few books has been the debates here on NuF. Best part of the last Arcs has been the debating.

Saitama.sensei likes this.
  3. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont care, because as he said, this is a free country

i can hate whoever i want, i also wouln't nominate this novel for any award, because clearly the romance is really lacking, not a perfect story. but at least, the whole long journey is satisfying, not like him who said cannot even read 20 chapters, shitty translator

4. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    How vitriolic... and extremely childish.

Hate whoever you want. Your country may be free. Have you perhaps started reading a novel and not continued it because you didn't like it? If so can everyone here demean you too and it be ok?

He doesn't like the same book you do. It isn't like he took a shit on your bed or something.

Besides. Him being a bad or good Translator has nothing to do with his taste in novels.

Your line of thinking and emotional arguement is so illogical, childish and petty.
    That's what I'm trying to get in your head but if it isn't working or you just don't care then oh well. Have fun spouting shit at everyone who disagrees with you... just be careful doing it in real life. You'll meet the wrong person eventually and it will likely end poorly.

Stark3 and Saitama.sensei like this.
  5. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it won't happen

because if i don't like some novels, i won't be so stupid to said it in the discussion for those novel, what is the point of saying that in the discusion thread? better you create a new thread and said that for open debate

Very clear to me, this thread is only for people who keep reading the novel. Many people complain about the story in this thread, he is not the only one, but everybody need to read at least hundred of chapters to comment about the story so deeply, just like your comment. Nobody hate you in this thread right? because we are fellow readers.

I won't hate you even if you complain about many things in the story, because clearly you already try to read many chapters to do that.

6. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    It may not be the 'proper' place technically. So tell him that, not demeaning him without even tagging him. Good point though... if you had made it in the first place.

100 chapters eh? While i agree 20 is on the low side i have dropped novels that quickly in the past as well. You can form an in-depth opinion on what you have read and hypothesize with what you know whether or not the novel will change. Then you either pose a question asking if the issues you have go away or read the LCD to see if it changes. To me his comment makes it seem like he has read enough of the discussion to get the idea that his initial gripes have not gone away. If he has read the discussion henceforth then he can easily comment on what is happening with context to why he dropped and dislike the novel initially and won't be returning. I for one welcome anyone like him into any LCD regardless of whether or not they have hit the magic number of chapters whoever they are discussing with requires for their points to suddenly be relevant and worthwhile.

Aside: I am pretty sure at minimum 1 person hates me or has an extreme dislike of me in this thread. Fellow reader or not lol. DE debates get heated.

Arcturus likes this.
  7. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what the limits of a lord of chaos' power in his own chaosverse is. like could ning somehow keep his parents alive longer even with their limited cultivation?

8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that he already is doing that.

9. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    he has given them pills to elevate their cultivation, but I meant could he do something that goes against the overall rules of the chaosverse? daolords can live for 108000 chaos cycles but could ning let some live longer since he's practically omnipotent now?

10. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically, from celestial immortal/emperyean god all the way to daolords have a lifespan of 108,000 chaos cycles, it’s just that the weaker ones generally have weaker dao hearts causing them to not live very long. Anyway, I think worst case scenario for ning would be that he could just revive his parents after their lifespan limit is up. He could revive autarchs so I’m sure a couple of world level cultivators isn’t much

Viola and MangoGuy like this.
  11. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    This is legitimately the most hate filled LCD I frequent.

12. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because everyone in other threads bullys the people with an opposing opinion out of the thread... (which then becomes either a thread of fangirl/boying or in most cases a dead thread with a novel having 300 chapters but only 5 pages on the lcd thread) Here you will find (for the most part) honest critiques about plot points or situations in the novel that we see as obvious and the characters should have as well.

13. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is ending and this LCD will become irrelevant soon... Can't we let loose a bit?

14. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    The final chapter just came out! I’m off to read it ciao~

15. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know when i was reading the chapter with the sword/avatar titans in it, it made me wonder why they didn't make a single Titan with all true+avatar bodies to allow it to have FOUR 80%~90% arms. simply put, the true bodies will supply the energy while the avatar will provide the control.

16. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Its been a long fun ride. The final chapter was really satisfying too unlike 2 certain other iet novels.

Saitama.sensei likes this.
  17. JagerGodhand

JagerGodhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were him I’d say “now let’s make some new babies”
    And thus Yu Wei got pregnant and had to carry the baby for 9 chaos cycles.

18. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at least the ending was good or average unlike btth, woc, ztj

19. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who found it kinda creepy how Ning was “sniffing” Yu Wei?

20. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    A Desolate Era has come to an end with this 420