Discussion When your top 3 RRL novels are lined up in a row

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fallion, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    http://prntscr.com/j7yi3b
    So today my 3 favourite royalroad novels were all right next to each other in the "Popular this week" and since I'm an antisocial ***hole, you guys are the only ones I have to share this with and therefore share I shall.

2. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Brimstone. How are the other two? Personal summary please? Are they serious or more light-hearted reads? What’s the focus (action, comedy, characters)?

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Supervillain, starts out a bit rough for a few chapters but it's definitely one of the better stories.

4. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gonna camp here and look for good Royal road novels

5. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read ten realms. Enjoyed the other 2 though.

6. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started it but I'm a little put off by
    The apparent time looping stalker girlfriend?

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's a bit forced at the start but it's decent as it goes along, she'll be the main driving force behind the harem as soon as the author decides to put in his sex scenes. Luckily he goes off on his own missions and she's not around all the time.

HappyHavak likes this.
  8. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I suppose you've had your moment.

I think I've took a peek at all of them. Pretty typical wuxia/litrpg stuff. Some skills, some inheritences, some power ups. And they are very short, they just started. Royal Road top ranking is ... narrow.

Take a look at http://topwebfiction.com/ and pick/read a novel from there. They are much further ahead, mature and your favorites have a long way to go to reach them. Go read some of the novels from this list and wait for your favorites to arrive at the top :)

9. ElTorroLoco

ElTorroLoco [Christmas spiritbun][Left Hand of Sordahon]

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    Is a rather light hearted read, it begins with our MC Illea Spears arriving in a forest and discovering the ruined buildings of an old order of combat healers which leads to her getting an increadibly rare and powerful class.
    The story contains implied sex and rape but as of chapter 41 there has been no details, a lot of readers seem to completely have missed the fact that our MC had sex at all for several chapters before it was more directly stated. Our MC is a combat maniac but not a genius so she grows fast but others seek to use her for their own benefit by manipulating her.
    She does not shy from crime if needed but is not some mindless moron who finds enjoyment in it. She has a bright, sort of bubbly, personality.

I'd give Azerinth Healer 5/5 stars, it has good grammar, a good storyline, an interesting MC and sticks with the plot.

It's a bit more serious than Azerinth Healer but not overly so. Our MC used to be a medic in the US army and then became a mercenary. People on Earth sometimes get afflicted with what they call "the two week curse" which is basically 2 weeks to prepare before you are spirited away to a new world with magic. Our MC spends his entire fortune preparing and gets to take his entire house with him, unlike other stories where similar stuff happens, our MC actually has a friend helping him prepare. What I enjoy about this story is that most of the MCs skills are based upon his own knowledge and it is the very reason he was able to get them. In most stories they just randomly throw skills at the MC with 5 seconds of training.
    This story contains a bit more details surrounding injuries, so if you're really weak to that sort of stuff it might put you off a bit, we're talking about the MC cutting his own arm up (with drugs to remove the pain).

Cosmic_ likes this.
  11. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Where the hell are the tags
    How the hell am i supposed to know what genre they are??

12. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read plenty of novels on there, I still prefer these 3. And 90%+ of all the free novels contain litrpg or wuxia.
    You say RoyalRoads top ranking is narrow, how is topwebfictions not? Most of the stories on there are the same ones as a year ago, if you're regularly looking for new novels, RRL is by far the better choice. It's a popular WEEKLY list, NOT a best rated list.

13. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you recommend me novel that doesn't have a harem,where the mc fights with his fits or weapon, isn't afraid to get blood on his hands and has a heroine who doesn't need to be protected by the mc and fights by his side not the back

14. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, but you basically just described my dream novel. If such a story exists, I would guess the grammar is terrible or the author died after less than 30 chapters. Because it seems to be what a lot of people want but it's impossible to find.

15. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhighfive:
    Where both struggling
    The only one which is close to this is void wolf
    I think abomination is kinda close but author dropped it and decided to change it

Fallion likes this.
  16. LeeEzekiel

LeeEzekiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not RRL I'm afraid but History's Strongest Senior Brother is the first that comes to mind. He's currently traveling with his wife who is both ludicrously OP and very funny, one of my favorite xianxia heroines by far. However, be warned that the romance takes a few hundred chapters, and the writing style is very... dense at some places. Author likes his exposition.

17. Sablecaballero

Sablecaballero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    40.000 years of cultivation pretty much fits it (Though I'm probably going to be killed for recommending something from Qidian :p): there is only one heroine (they are already a couple and did it in the translated chapters), she is currently a bit stronger than the MC (he calls her a humanoid dinosaur; most people agree xD), he likes to use a saber but is pretty much a jack-of-all-weapons, from miniguns to explosive traps everywhere.

18. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    The narrow scope I was referring to - tobwebfiction is not limited to one site. I'm not saying it is the most authoritative guide and whatnot, but it is a pretty good guide if one wants to read the stuff people consider best. Even the stuff at the bottom tier is suppose to be well above average. I've read maybe 5-6 pieces of top 20 and I'm not liking all the entries. But that list provides a much better quality read as opposed to RRL weekly.
    Another huge benefit TWF (top web fiction) has over RRL is the length. I'm not sure how many of the novels are completed, but I'd say a lot of entries are like 10x, 20x (some maybe 100x+) longer if compared to fresh novels you've mentioned.
    For me it is much more pleasurable just to binge through many chapters instead of waiting for new chapters and jumping across the novels.

Not sure if you read already, but voice of the world on RRL sounds like compatible with your preferences.

19. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Do a little research on the novels. Ward is sequel to Worm - and it is pretty heavy stuff. Wouldn't recommend for start. Do a quick web search on any of them. It is a reasonable source for me if I'm up to some lengthy reading to choose from.

20. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm supposed to research the novel before I can read them
    Hard pass
    I ain't got time for that