LCD Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by BlancFrost, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm the only one that feel sorry for Madame Zho for the fact that her husband lost his supposed ten years love for her because she acted hysterical for him taking a bed servant? I don't mean what she did was right but can love change so easily overnight?

Fuyuneko likes this.
  2. mr.tanen

mr.tanen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at first she was alright, and i even sympathized with her a bit, but then the author decided to make her a full on crazy b!tch...and you know what they say: NEVER GO FULL RET@RD!
    it wasn't just the last bit with the bedservant, but pretty much every time she showed up she couldn't help becoming jealous or envious of everyone around her, especially CL...it was simply too much
    personally, i think the author really did the character a diservice, and chose the lazy way to go about it, where she became irredeemable in the readers' eyes and could be put in the freezer with little or no complaints

Chiiiiiiiii, Arcturus and Lokumi like this.
  3. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about the behavior of Madam Zho but her husband... you can be clearly disappointed of her behavior, angry and disgusted but I don't like that after ten years of marriage he drop her just like that he could has been more conflicted ( for example families usually don't stop immediately to love a family member even if he go to jail) and while we readers saw all the bad acts she did, her husband didn't because he said it was like he didn't recognized her anymore when she had her hysteric attack, so this was like her first or second offense on front of her husband but instead to try to solve things he become cold to her already. She also calmed at first, she herself was shocked about her rage fit but then the bed servant went to him and she snapped. He Chanqi could have send the servant away (since it was the cause) but he didn't. He also, before the whole fiasco started, thought that if she begged him he would have fought to not to have another woman, but what kind of husband would make his woman lower her dignity and beg for not to cheat her? I don't think he had really loved her at this point. I understand that this is the normal thinking for a chinese man at the time and that she wasn't being a good wife but just like I feel sorry for a servant who get beated to death even if it nomal, I feel sorry for Madam Zho regarding this matter (only this matter). Then that she get punished for her wrong doings is another story... she deserved at all it but you can find some sides to pity even in irredeemble characters. I only wished the author didn't do it like that.

4. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not going to say it's alright to respond to someone being unfaithful with violence, but at the end of the day this does all really come back to a wife being freaked out about losing everything just because she can't have a son. I mean sure, she didn't want to have an honest discussion about all this with her husband, but he didn't take any initiative either and yet she's the bad guy.

I'm never going to blame Madam Zou for not knowing how to deal with being stuck in a misogynistic society where she is considered to have no inherent value as a person. Matriarch He and He Dalang are just as deserving if not more of whatever terrible stuff happened to them in the first timeline as Madam Zou.

Fuyuneko, otaku31, Arcturus and 2 others like this.
  5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    This is something that's been bugging me in a bunch of novels I've been reading recently with female MCs set in ancient times. The behavior and the way female characters are treated is really annoying, particularly with how self-righteous the other female characters behave towards them.

moiralyn and Fuyuneko like this.
  6. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, it's like feelings, pride and honesty doesn't matter till you can be scheming smart and mantain a facade of rightness, even if they are ruthless bitch. I let it pass because otherwise I couldn't read most novels but sometimes I'm wondering what kind of principles live the chinese people. The world made so much progress to evolve toward humans rights but in chinise novels the norm is the survival of the fittest and only the strong or smartest win.

Lokumi likes this.
  7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've noticed this a lot as well. Most of the female-oriented Chinese novels I've seen have the problem you describe. Making most of the female antagonists (and there are a lot of them) hate the protagonist for ridiculously petty reasons makes these stories a lot weaker than they could be.

I think that this largely stems from the stories not having all that much natural conflict so the writers have to come up with these antagonists. Books that are more based on political intrigue tend to have much less issues with this. But these ones are much more about household intrigue, and there's only so much a writer can do with them.

moiralyn likes this.
  8. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is it just me but why doesn't this update on the main page?

9. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    It updates on the main page but there is delay may be for the aggregator sites to not copy it immediately?

10. timebun

timebun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you mean the table of contents, I update it once every few weeks and I just updated it yesterday.
    I post a chapter every day so it's tedious to keep updating the table~ You can just hit Next Chapter every day to get to the latest one. :3

moiralyn likes this.
  11. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    *Pats timebun*

I'll have you know I voted for you in Miss Volare! (Though I didn't know it at the time)

timebun likes this.
  12. Moridain

Moridain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That husband is annoying me so much right now.

I mean I get his position, from his perspective she is secretly a horrible conniving betrayer who ruined his previous life.

But does he have to be so petty about things? I mean he smacked her butt, stole her food and acts generally dickish. And I am still annoyed that he keeps getting so indignant about how she isn't giving him enough 'respect' as her husband when he has done literally nothing to earn it so far this time around.

Fuyuneko and Arcturus like this.
  13. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you speaking of the 3 new chapters ? 'Cause I didn't read them for the moment, but I think I'll put this story on hold at least till he become decent.

14. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh. he's not that bad. he's just being super tsundere and childish. even when stealing her food, he left her the best parts. and he did hunt for that food even when he had a fever

chamchaworld, otaku31 and timebun like this.
  15. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    He's still kinda annoying. I don't really see him as a ML. He's not particularly interesting and there are other guys I would prefer. That prince dude might be nice.

16. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah. they married. it's official.

I do rant about him too. don't like the childishness and the sudden shift the author forced on us (from dark to comedic). like he wanted to strangle her in the first scene, but later acts like a tsun and demanding she acts like a wife.

Lokumi likes this.
  17. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After all these hints, he better reform.

18. Absoloot

Absoloot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, I don't think the author did a very good job of it, but what Madam Zou experienced is pretty much a poster case for a nervous breakdown. In a modern setting she'd need some meds, counseling, and a vacation. Unfortunately, in an ancient Era, it's more likely they'll just push her aside until her stress forces her to do something truly irrevocable.

Sad. I don't mind her being jealous and covetous, (as until CL she was the ONLY female in her generation), but being jealous, covetous, and incompent leaves a bad taste. I mean really. What's the point. She accomplished literally nothing but lowering her own status.

moiralyn, chamchaworld and mr.tanen like this.
  19. ReadsNovelsAllDay

ReadsNovelsAllDay Tide Caller

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I one of the only people who isn’t mad at the ML or certain males in novels?
    To me this is just a story not real life. I would be more inclined to judge if the time period was modern. It’s in the past so there’s lots of scheming for power. It’s completely unfair society. I just accept what the writer wants us to feel. That’s my take on it all.

moiralyn and timebun like this.
  20. Asteodia

Asteodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually haven't been focusing much on the ML. He doesn't actually make me mad (I can't handle those black belly MLs though!). I'm more focused on CL and her food :blobsweat_2: Not that we have had much of it in the last few chapters. Somehow, this foodie novel turned out rather unexpectedly.

Chiiiiiiiii and timebun like this.