Feature Request Separate section for BL in the pickup request

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by orensan, Apr 23, 2018.

1. orensan

orensan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the BL pickup request are getting out of hand, there's no way to filter them entirely and it just cluster the main section leaving novels unnoticed because translators see BL tags every 3-4 threads.

edit: so it's both BL/GL issues, not just one or the other and it's mostly the same reoccurring users posting requests that almost never get picked up

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't help it. BL is reigning right now. At some time, female MC CN ruled in a similar fashion. Trends come and go.

3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is discrimination against BL!!! I demand a separate section for Harem if this feature got implemented :whistle:

Lil K.O likes this.
  4. orensan

Reading List:
    Link
    is not discrimination, it's separation it's getting so out of hand that fewer and fewer wuxia/xianxia novels are getting picked up from that section.

If you actually took the time to count how many BL pickup request are in a time given that almost reaches half % of total monthly/bimonthly etc, and then there's tons of people not tagging them, so maybe the number is above 50%.

so something needs to be done whether it's a filter-able tag or just like my suggestion @Tony

5. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Pickup requests can be bumped (in moderation, refer to rules and pinned thread). So if the nonBL ones aren't in the list, then you should question the ones who read/like them. Where are they and why aren't they pushing for them to be picked up. If the BL ones show up on the latest page, then that means someone wants to read them, someone cares enough to bump it, to want it to be picked up. If a thread is not bumped, regardless if it's BL on nonBL, it would get buried. A buried thread means a lack of people who wants to read them. Again, it lies on if someone cares enough to bump them, coz they want to read them.

It's not even a problem imo From my perspective, you just don't like seeing BL being picked up :blobwoah:

6. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nahhh... Fujoshis are NUF secret cabal leaders

Blitz and AliceShiki like this.
  7. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the age old conspiracy. :sneaky:

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a very very very veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery small reasoning on this feature. Still, he does have 1 point.

Essentially, if it reaches a point in which the novel pick ups requests get hectic enough that it becomes a real hassle for anyone browsing it, then I do think this kind of separation (this doesn't include only BL, but Harem, Xianxia and any other particularly well-known genres I'd say) would actually be pretty helpful. (kinda like how the Roleplaying Games subforum was made when the Dungeons game was starting to push all other popular threads to the 2nd page of Community Games)

... I don't think the NPR subforum reached that point yet though, but I do see some merit if it ever gets there in the future.

9. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with what you said, especially the part about not narrowing it down to BL.

But here's the thing that I don't get. I've gone and checked NPR subforum at different intervals. There's 20 threads for every page on my screen. I checked both list sorted by Creation time and Last Message time, and I only found one BL pickup request after checking page 2.

So what's this cluttered by BL requests that requires this feature implemented?

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Wow.

Such a pointless suggestion then! xD

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob:I'm trying to replicate what OP is saying, still trying, and I still fail. Tell me if you can, okay :blobshh:

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I just took a look and from what I saw there was only like 2 bl pickup requests on the first 2 pages....

LaDyViL likes this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    no
    why?
    da number still low
    19667.png

14. orensan

Reading List:
    Link
    between BL/GL there's about 2 pages that are tagged properly, not sure about untagged threads, so it could possibly be more, you guys are sorting by latest replies, so you're not seeing threads that haven't received any updates thus why you're seeling less than what i'm seeing when searching by thread creation date.

proof1.jpg proof2.jpg proof3.jpg

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    What I saw on your screenshot is a single person making tons of pickup requests of the genre they liked in one day or two. (GL)

If anything, there are plenty of GL out there because there is one active person trying to get one translated.

Doesn't seem to be an issue, one person won't go making 10 threads per day every day.

LaDyViL likes this.