Discussion Your worst semester end test?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MangoGuy, Apr 26, 2018.

1. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I just went through mine, and I would like to feel better by knowing that someone out there might be worse off than me.
    Btw, it was physics. The regular statistical mechanics and solid state physics and elementary particles....Spent last night watching this game (worth it) and then I ran out of coffee. Exam was at 7 AM. Mashed to get there at 7... Wish I never made it

Shadowdracul likes this.
  2. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    YOLO

Living like Larry!

asriu and AliceShiki like this.
  3. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one I skipped out on first semester. Still hasn't come back to bite me back :sweating_profusely:

qwertzuiop likes this.
  4. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst ever?
    Prob my biology finals, i got fever because i was streaking in forest at midnight, then sat in a cold stream for a bit. All this was because i wasn't confident i'd pass and i was told doing above things would work like a lucky charm.

About the viability, despite fever, nausea and anxiety i managed to get roughly 70% score. Downside is, i don't remember much from the day or the exam.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  5. Limetrix

Limetrix Follower of the dao of laziness

Reading List:
    Link
    Maths exam mcq. I solved everything in rough would tick at the end. Didn't have enough time to tick everything. Could do like 1/3. Exam was ez but I fucked up.

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  6. SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam A sports, games, novels fanatic.

Reading List:
    Link
    Physics for me as well. Kept on procrastinating because I hated it. Ended up cramming 1 semester's worth of content in one day and ended up getting 60 something.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  7. Warger

Warger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I took a management exam with a fever and with 0 sleep. I needed 37% to pass the class and I ended up with about 40%. I also collapsed outside the exam venue once it was done. Good times.

8. Aasif826

Aasif826 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally tanked this first year final. Ended up with a 43/100 and failed the course. Turns out it was a prerequisite for a second year course, which in turn was a prerequisite for 2 final year courses....
    It actually isn't tooo bad cause the 2 final year courses fall under a major I'm not that interested in.

9. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was sick and misread the exam time slot. When you have a migraine, the special Monday slot for only your class is buried amongst the slot for all classes starting at the time yours does. Or there's the one I just took where most of the last half of the semester was left out for homeworks I barely remembered and it turns out didn't study enough

10. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost under achieved everything on my report card on my first semster on first grade junior high( under achieved < 60%). New environment, new friends, new everything make me having a culture shock i guess, but after that semester everything raised up accross the board

11. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    ......SIIIIGHHHhhhh
    My midterm test was bad enough, and this morning test was even worse :blobdead:

12. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha!
    me?

i for got my entrance examination date during my 3rd year in college. . . .

and welp. . .
    there was a time when i also forgot to take my midterm exams. . .(well this was an accident really)

13. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Freshman year of French 1, I got an 18% on last test. I was the only one who failed it as the number of people for each letter grade was given. I still passed the class, but it was a eye opener.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  14. Mimosa1

Mimosa1 Lee Jae Wook

Reading List:
    Link
    Physics. Got no sleep to review, fell asleep during the test, so I failed. Got 0 on it. Well, my score doesn't really bother me. All of my classmates, but two or so also got zero. At least, I was able to catch some sleep.

15. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so this was for an online course, but the test was on campus so I had to drive in to take it. The drive was only 40 minutes, but it required me to drive over a tolled bridge. When I get in it took me about 20 minutes to find the correct place, luckily I had arrived with about 30 minutes to spare. So I arrive and I've got 10 minutes of waiting in the hallway for the instructor to come and unlock the door.

While waiting I notice several of my classmates have brought there books along. Turns out that before I left this morning someone messages the instructor to ask if they could bring their course book into the test. She responded with an class email that yes the test will be open book, and open note. My book is back at home 40 minutes away, the test is starting in 4 minutes.

So I am bummed out, but I think it will be fine, this is an environmental science course, I've always been good at those. Sit down we start taking the test, test immediately starts quoting the book. Like literally asking for very specific snippets of information that I knew were in the book. Things I could just oh so vaguely recall enough to place, but not enough to correctly answer the damn question.

So getting desperate I ask the instructor if since the other students can use their books, if I can use the internet. I get permission, think I'm gold I am in the clear. Nope only a few very basic questions can be answered, everything else seems to refer back to the damn book. End up having to resort to educated guesses, using what I remembered from the text, and little help google could provide.

Finally hit the submit, 47% I am miserable, but say fuck it I still pass the class I just drop down from an A to a C. Grab my things and start driving back, but before I go I decide to grab some donuts. There is this really good place by the campus, I would get donuts there when ever I have to drive up.

Not too healthy I know, but I was feeling like shit so I figured I deserved a treat. Decide to buy a dozen for $5 good deal for good donuts, even make sure to pick out some kinds I know my sisters will like. Pull out my wallet to pay, and I've got no money, not even a penny. Well what ever I still have a card, pull it out to pay. Guy behind the counter tells me cash only.

I am pissed, the box of delicious donuts I selected is sitting on the counter, and I can't pay for them. I had been here multiple times, never knew they were cash only. Looking around I couldn't even see a cash only sign, part of my wants to mention that. Say "Oh sorry didn't notice your cash only sign" real sarcastic like. Rational me put his foot down though, told me no and I shouldn't be a bitch, and it's not his fault I forgot to bring money. So I tell the clerk "Never mind then" and I leave, not sure if he put the donuts back on the shelf or had to throw them out, don't care.

Serra and MangoGuy like this.
  16. kalp456

kalp456 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really my worst but it's quite relevant to web novels.

It was calculus 1, almost 3 years ago. I had an exam the next day, no motivation to review, so I just surfed the web, looking for light novels to read. Then I stumbled upon wuxiaworld, and saw the "Oh! So many chapters!" that is Coiling Dragon. I read it until about an hour before the exam, took a bath, went to take it, and got 55% or so (60% was the passing). Didn't really bother me since my final grade was between 70% and 74%.

------------

For the worst, I would say my final year, 1st sem. I already had about 8 exams (4 of them final exams) before that in the span of 8 days so totally mentally exhausted. So no motivation to study. I had another 2 final exams the next day, Abstract Algebra 2 (Galois Theory) and Algebraic Geometry, both higher maths. I just "played" some games and read some novels. Needless to say, I flunked the former (40+%) and passed the latter (dunno my score, should be 70+%).

17. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, more like tests in my case. Let's see.. Once there were three test happened at tuesday-wednesday.

The problem is, one subject failure rate is 200% as in usually everybody take that course twice because it was super BS. Usually average score on said test is 30/100.

Another is its derivation WITH same lecturer though little bit easier. Emphasis on little.

The third was new with really broad subject. Anything can become test.

Of course i'd wing it all in that two days. 3rd one i did an hour before said test.

18. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about it that's how bad it was

19. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was my 2nd sem had a math exam and i was like math it should not be tough so i opened the math book for the first time in the sem at the exam night at 2 am the exam was at 9 30 am. I skimmed through the chaps thinking yeah this is easy and slept at 6 am. My friend woke me up at 9. But In the exam i was like wtf is this i don't remember this formula, was there + or -. I failed the exam, it was the worst exam i had ever given

20. TheBourneConfused

TheBourneConfused Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my college life was a nightmare. Care-free days were only seldom, almost everyday I felt like crying to the mountain of HW they gave us, every other day I literally cried out of so much stress and anxiety. The profs were strict as hell, my classmates were smart-ass jerks. I wondered how I managed to survived those days.

Oh, there was a time when one prof in Advanced Chemistry forgot to encode our final grade for that semester, I only found out about it when it was almost time to enroll for a new sem 2 weeks before the classes resumes. I almost got insane from how I rushed everything; completing the transactions with payment and permits, finding the head department for that subject, negotiating for their sched, taking another long exam, wait for the result in angst. Sigh, I thankfully passed it ... But my blood dried from too much frustrations. Anyway, that experience was the easiest of them, don’t lemme start with the difficult ones ‘cuz they’re so many of them.
    Oh yah’ I also remembered taking midterm exam while I’m ill with chickenpox. I was dizzy with fever, had to answers the exams in a dazed state, hid my skin rashes from everyone so I can save the trouble of running to the clinic and missed an exam.
    I’m really glad I didn’t turned bald after graduating.
    I got nothing to compare with what you guys have went through or experiencing right now, I guess ... You know what they say; easy life won’t makes us grow, challenges makes it interesting.
    Though still, thank you for granting me this space to rant.

qwertzuiop and MangoGuy like this.