Recommendations Apocalyptic Novels without Harem

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DaLu, Apr 26, 2018.

1. DaLu

DaLu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for apocalypse novels with no harem. It's ok if it's Het or BL, I read either.

I don't care if it's Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or whatever.

It's much BETTER if there's no romance actually. I also don't want to read novels that focuses on farming or whatever, and disregards the dangers of the apocalypse.

Lastly, I don't care for MCs such as the MC in Trembling World, sorry, not my cup of tea.

2. mahina

mahina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland - female protagonist, no romance. Actual character development and not just OP power ups (although there is enough of that to satisfy too). I promise you will not regret.

DaLu and Yukki576 like this.
  3. pretz

pretz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  5. ExoFei

ExoFei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dominion's End

mahina and DaLu like this.
  6. Yukki576

Yukki576 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of MC (BL)

It focuses more on the main couple than the setting, it's initially apocalyptic but the latter chapters settings change, if you only want the apocalypse part of it stop at around chapter 170+

DaLu likes this.
  7. ExoFei

ExoFei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? There's no more apocalypse after 170? I was just checking this out.

8. DaLu

DaLu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious too, did the apocalypse stop?

9. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Trembling world

10. Yukki576

Yukki576 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of MC
    The story focuses more on the two MCs and their relationship and all that stuff. There's actually a kind of hidden plot about their relationship and the apocalypse setting is just a setting that kinds of? brings them closer. I suck at explanations so it might not make any sense to you. The story actually focuses quite a bit on Taoist cultivation of the MC (the shou) and what the past life of the two protagonists. Some may consider what im going to say a spoiler so
    The two were actually lovers in their past life but the Gong was a wanted 'person' and the only one who could kill him was the shou which as you will eventually know didnt happen, they fell in love instead. They were originally from the immortal world but the shou somehow fell into the mortal world (i kind of dont understand how this happened but then again reading at 3am) and discovered that the world was about to befall a huge calamity via a demon so he sealed the demon, but then to do that he sacrificed himself (long story read yourself pls) and split his soul in half, one to reincarnate and the other to remain in his flesh body which remained in stasis in his space. The gong found out and realized it was too late to save him so idk he somehow got reborn as a mortal too??? forgot how it happened. so in the current apocalypse, it's actually the demon waking up and the seal weakening and some other bullshit (which once again pls read yourself i dont want to spoil too much) so once they managed to kill/seal that demon again, they went back to the immortal world, aka end of apocalypse setting. This actually takes up a good 80-90% of the story so if you want purely the apocalypse part only you should just stop when the translator tells you to, there'll be a T/N below the chapter but you'll be able to tell yourself.

IF MY EXPLANATION MAKES SENSE GOOD FOR YOU, IF IT DOESNT IM SORRY I CANT DO EXPLANATIONS WITHOUT SPOILING MAJORLY. also if you didnt know: shou - uke, gong - seme