Recommendations Female dominance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Alenstarl, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Kumarae

Kumarae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    That novel can be easy or hard depending on your preference. If you want overpowered females then Sevens is a good choice considering the main villian. But mostly you are going to get harems where even though the girls are strong and in charge the guy has the power. You have a better chance at reverse harems instead

Alenstarl likes this.
  3. Khs95

Khs95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i need a safe space! :)

4. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    The stories that I know that have real female domination in it, are ones I'm not allowed to link to.

5. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad your willing to look at Chinese also, because Stunning Edge, suggested by @HappyHavak, is the first and only one that jumped into my head. It's not really a case where the society is female dominated, but the MC is a strong female with a male "harem". I don't usually care for harems at all (male or female), but I really like this story.

LynneSuzuran and Alenstarl like this.
  6. Blake_

Blake_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Practical Guide to Evil and Taint bott have strong Female leads with little romance although it tends to lean to the lesbian side of things. Both are english web Novels.

Alenstarl likes this.
  7. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    https://mangadex.org/manga/20978/the-world-of-moral-reversal

Heh. It's a world filled with girly-men and female predators, and it's Japanese, so it fits your criteria in a way.

Alenstarl likes this.
  8. LilShane

LilShane Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alenstarl likes this.
  9. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Alenstarl likes this.
  10. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't he got raped by his 2 wives, and getting confined by his 25 wives after they gang up on him

11. eksentrysyti

eksentrysyti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a really tall order. It's not a common theme because male authors tend to write about OP male characters beating other male characters and female authors tend to write about female characters beating other female characters. Female beats up male characters requires a complete world building setup that rather ends up being hard to write for. What kind of romance do you have when you have OP female bullying submissive men? You'd probably have better luck looking for lesbian novels. *Actually... I don't have a clue how common/rare lesbian novels are. Yuri seems to be a lot more rare than Yaoi. Fujoshi > Fudanshi.

12. KKristen

KKristen Crazy Cat Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of strong female main characters in Japanese novels... and even the ones who are strong typically still live in a male-dominated society.

The most badass/dominating female MCs I've seen have mostly been in Chinese novels. I have a link to the forum post with my big list of novels with good female MCs in my signature. They aren't all "powerful," but they're smart, resourceful, and mostly realistic characters.

Oh, if you're on mobile and can't see my sig, here's the link: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/stories-with-good-female-mc.36336/

Alenstarl likes this.
  13. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    A feminist in anger, I see.

14. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot where i have read it, a year ago i think??

A lady worker as tax officer, crossing the world to the game she played, she is the lady villain, i think silver hair? or blond? rebuilding her fief and built a bank system, make and popularize chocolate...

I forgot it dammit

15. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
    feminism is strong in here
    I demand kamijou touma's gender equality punch

Isekai Taneuma - male mc, iirc situation #1 applies, r18
    Pure Love x Insult Complex? - an all female underground organization picked up a tragic male mc, r18

Moonxious likes this.
  16. Moonxious

Moonxious 「We of the Moon Race greets you all.」『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aish...

Whenever i see a 'femdom' tag.. my mind just go 'there'

Sigh..

It seems that I need to cleanse my mind
    .. or not

17. loli1488

loli1488 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, as u gave Riku as a reference i assume u have da same problem as me - not enough well developed fem characters. Lotta harems and male MCs - yes, but good female leads - no. Mostly just a typical archetypes of tsundere/kudere/etc.
    So if im right - give up to read "domination stuff". Its pretty much gonna be same brain dead as a typical harem but with male archetypes instead. If still wanna just smash search with "fem protag+harem" tah and i guess u can find some.

So lets start with Maratis stuff, as i said before. (I have not enough points to post links so gotta post only end of em. Just put it after main pages link)
    /nauthor/nanasawa-matari/
    High quality MCs, side characters and story in a war setting it what we have and its damn good. Start with death god dan flame ring and dan others, cuz deyre still taking its time to be translated.

It was 100% must read. Other stuff gonna be of my preferences as i think a "well developed fem protag, who qualified to do blodbath by themselves". Without lots of blood tho.

Dont forget to consider dat my taste is shit stuff.
    nauthor/funa/
    Dis dude actually should be in a time killer selection, but let put him here. Pretty much its a girls doing stuff with more into action+comedy. But Gold and Potions MCs r pretty decent. Average s...not bad.

series/ascendance-of-a-bookworm/
    Not dat great but MC is interesting. Not as independed as itll be good but at least she learns a lot and doing stuff. Might be not bad and story s ok.

/series/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/
    Dis lil spider girl is always in our hearts.
    Action and world development - 2 types of chapters u could find here mostly and its damn good and interesting. MC is nice + some side fem characters r good too. Writing style is reader friendly even for my mom to enjoy(really, she liked it).

/series/she-was-both-called-god-as-well-as-satan/
    I actually pretty much dont think dat here character being female have a great role, but as a HQ interesting writing i could say to read dis one too.

Time Killers.
    Brain dead stuff. But not brain dead in terms of characters, but brain dead in terms of u can switch ur brain off and enjoy reading. Fun stuff with comedy happens s fun, if it have a cool fem protag is more fun.

/series/kuma-kuma-kuma-bear/
    Da way MCs thinking is both bad and good, but she s cool. Fun stuff with too many slice of life elements, but pretty addicting(finished 100 chapters in 1 night when started reading).

/series/itai-no-wa-iya-nanode-bogyo-ryoku-ni-kyokufuri-shitai-to-omoimasu/
    Unreasonable stuff, but fun. MCs s just a cute girl but, again, independant.

/series/while-killing-slimes-for-300-years-i-became-the-max-level-unknowingly/
    Actually not dat good and MCs damn poor in terms of her being a character, but im still reading it for some reason. Maybe it have some good parts, i guess.

/series/i-reincarnated-into-an-otome-game-as-a-villainess-with-only-destruction-flags/
    Sudden harem, but its good. 1st - harem have both genders. 2nd - MCs not overpovered and just a funny girl but its SO FUN and interesting to read her do stuff. Not recommended to read past Vol.2 cuz author said da she was going to do only 2 vol.s but dan continued writing and its....decent maybe but not good. Buut if ull like it u may try to continue too.

Bonus China.
    Im bad with china stuff. But dere s some stuff even so i can read and it have some good elements.

/series/crossing-to-the-future-its-not-easy-to-be-a-man/
    I guess its already a common stuff. Its worth reading, i guess.

/series/i-am-a-killer/
    STRANGE af but not bad.

/series/quick-transmigration-cannon-fodders-record-of-counterattacks/
    Heres a real shiny. Really was in great mood reading dis, even if its not a lot translated but its GOOD in terms of a good and interesting fem MC. It might be strange at 1st but its rolling slow. Chapters r too short and its no good, but at least try 1st 60 chapters to gasp a 1st arc and understand what is it bout. Its nice and really wirth reading.

Welp, hope ull find something interesting from it.

18. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a lot of novels.

19. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    So another one of the these huh? There is more of these lately.

20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Links please :p

I have to agree with someone further up the thread. Female dominating male, in the way you're looking for, are very super rare. Strong Female protags are easier to find but most are shoujo stories so they're hit and miss (some still get dominated by crazy, dominating Male leads who are stronger than them even if the F!Protag is the "strongest in the world").