Recommendations Amazingly unique novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Exterial, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for unique novels, true unique, things that are in a overused genre like for example xianxa or xuanhuan but are just so incredibly unique you fall in love with the genre all over again, like Ze Tian Ji, avoided that like a plague when it only had 40chaps out because was told it was slow which it is, but holy shit that novel, havent read anything so amazing in such a long time.
    Recommend me some unique novels pls ;-;
    Open to anything.
    Except for yaoi.

2. Unstable0777

Unstable0777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
  4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  5. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Witcher series.
    Dresden Files.
    Maybe Godking's Legacy? It is pretty unique. Or Blue Mage by the same person.
    Void Wolf on RRL is more or less unique.
    Novels by Andur (RRL).
    What is it Like to be Eternal? on RRL.
    My Trans-Dimensional, Overpowered Protagonist... on RRL. It's basically a fanfic crossover about Hikigaya Hachiman in "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon", but it's amazing.
    Most are from RRL, but what would you expect?

demonicdie and rotweissewaffel like this.
  6. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Heavenward on Golden Wings on RRL
    it's not exactly unique, but as a xianxia-ish cultivation novel that focuses more on characters then on power-ups and revenge it's at least a rarity in the genre

The Bathroom Godess, if you haven't read it already, it's pretty short, but more than worth the read and unlike any other novel with another world stuff

HavenCustos likes this.
  7. NONIEMOUSE

NONIEMOUSE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    magician-city
    hasn't been fully translate but really wish it was.

Tragically Rad likes this.
  8. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop Well-Known Member (not really, lol)

Reading List:
    Link
    Akuyaku Tensei Dakedo Doushite Kou Natta is a pretty unique reincarnated-into-a-game-world story. No levels/status-screen/ect. and the MC doesn't see herself as someone reincarnated but as someone who received memories from a foreign world, which is pretty refreshing if you're used to the happy-go-lucky-let's-bring-all-my-moral-values-into-this-world-and-use-my-knowledge-of-earth-to-revolutionize-this-world-novels

HavenCustos and Chiiiiiiiii like this.
  9. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    Worm - It's a modern world with superpowers. I haven't found yet any other that can write as interesting team battles as the author of Worm. Add to that a gritty grey-grey-black morality system, a ton of interesting characters with unique powers, some of the most overpowered antagonists, and a villain protagonist with a tendency to escalate situations... It really is its own thing. It's long, completed, and recently has a sequel!
    Edit: Worm's western, I probably should've mentioned that, but it's available online like translated novels. I also found it because a translator recommended it in his website.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    qwertzuiop likes this.
  10. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait are we doing western too?

If that's so you should definitely read the bartimaeus trigoly

Belgarion_V likes this.
  11. mytus123

mytus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor's Domination - MC is so OP, that before the fight you don't even need to consider any issues, there will be none since there is no1 in this world who can threaten him and it's like straight from chapter one (pretty much definition for Unique) :LOL:

Still decent story.

12. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if you find me a western novel as good or better than asian then id read it

13. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is an unique china novel named 阿麦从军 (A Mai in the Army) by https://www.novelupdates.com/nauthor/xian-cheng/
    but you must read it raw
    and for a josei the romance lines were way lesser than the people who died
    (story about a girl accidentally joined military (ancient military one) and climbed up the rank for shake of revenge against the enemy general who killed her father)
    the novel is pretty unique as it hard to read in same time thank for alot of military words and sometime in the end of chapter , the event would be concluded in the eyes of later era historians

14. Belgarion_V

Belgarion_V 『The Supreme Chuuni』『Explosion Loli』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Elenium and The Tamuli are good

15. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop Well-Known Member (not really, lol)

Reading List:
    Link
    Check out Mother of Learning then. Of all the novels I've read it definitely has the best worldbuilding and a very sophisticated magic system. The author also has a blog where he elaborates on the history and magic of the world, you can also find maps of the world, continent and country the story takes place in. New chapters may only be released every 3/4 weeks but they're quite long.
    Synopsis taken from the authors patreon page:
    Zorian is a teenage mage of humble birth and slightly above-average skill, attending his third year of education at Cyoria's magical academy. He is a driven and irritable young man, consumed by a desire to ensure his own future and free himself of the influence of his family, whom he resents for favoring his brothers over him. Consequently, he has no time for pointless distractions or paying attention to other people's problems.

As it happens, time is something he is about to get plenty of. On the eve of the Cyoria's annual summer festival, he is killed and brought back to the beginning of the month, just before he was about to take a train to Cyoria. Suddenly trapped in a time loop with no clear end or exit, Zorian will have to look both within and without to unravel the mystery before him. And he does have to unravel it, for the time loop hadn't been made for his sake and dangers lurk everywhere...

Repetition is the mother of learning, but Zorian will have to first make sure he survives to try again - in a world of magic, even a time traveler isn't safe from those who wish him ill.

HavenCustos and Agecaf like this.
  16. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Liu Yao: The Revitalization of Fuyao Sect is shounen-ai, not yaoi (for the lack of action) u.u
    Rather different from other cultivation novels, like how run down their sect is that you could mistake for a charlatan sect; how shady their master is; how alive the characters are (their + and -); how their sect seems to illustrate rather well that “While the priest climbs a post, the devil climbs ten”; and how their sect is rather peaceful.......lack of people......
    1º book is complete!

17. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a few more?
    The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich - "Transported into a Game World" setting. Unique in that the story starts "in between", after several reincarnations in that world. There's a ton of hidden backstory, and the author juggles checkov guns to shoot them for gags or plottwists...
    Mushoku Tensei - The only novel I've read where the "harem" tag actually somehow makes the story better. It's so mysterious; it has a ton of "cliches" that should've ruined the novel... and yet somehow it all comes to one of my favorite eastern novels. It makes me think all the bad isekai novels where trying to copy this one but failed.
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! - The only novel that has made me laugh out loud irl. It somehow manages to go one step above comedy. But, as all comedies, what someone finds funny is very subjective.
    Btw, I second Mother of Learning, it easily has my favorite fantasy setting by far. There so many different types of magic, and they are incorporated in all parts of everyday life.

qwertzuiop likes this.
  18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Prosperous_Food

Prosperous_Food Active Member

Reading List:
    Link