LCD Advent of the Archmage (formerly known as "Descent of the God of Magic")

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jan 24, 2018.

1. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you used the APP in mobile? Then change to browser.

Zyront likes this.
  2. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually use the app since i only read night ranger and now with this one coming on quidian too im kinda tied to read it there.

3. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not explained, but personally I think it's safe to assume that the god placed links soul inside a suitable body, and since everyone In the academy was going to die he made a deal with the soul like "help with your body and go to heaven" or something like that and when link took possession of it he just left. It's either that or the usual thing "he dies in his sleep, poor bastard may his soul rest because his body will be useful to save the world"

4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I a bad person for still reading this despite the big Q?

I do love this novel, and as Lnmtl has picked this up, I've read ahead...STORY IS SO GOOD! (Chapter 400...taking a break from mtl)

5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the novel in the Tragedy genre? Don’t tell me it's a sad ending! :blobfearful:

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he becomes the new God of Light. He does survive killing the Demon King.

7. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of disappointed with this novel. It has some great qualities with the mc actually building up his own forces, the mercenaries, and the combat is actually interesting with Link planning out different tactics to use spells.

However I can't stand the spell buying system. It has gotten to the point where when Link is in trouble I do not ask how he can get out of this but what spell he can buy to get out of it.

Also I think the story is to goody to shoes with everything working out on the completely good side. Since this is the LCD I'll just talk about what has already been translated. Very beginning mc is willing to sacrifice/leave everyone behind in city. Knocks out fellow student to steal his weapon before attack and makes the teacher sleep to steal even more stuff to help him in the fight and then up to the tower he is constantly leaving people behind so that he and the first chick can live. He is calculating ever choice so that he can survive this attack and then at the end when the chick reveals that she is a demon he says thats not to bad I'm not like everyone else who thinks all dark things are evil.

Time skip to current translation point and he is completely siding with the "light" that all dark things must be turned over. He gives the knowledge that can tempt a 7th class mage over and is just completely walking in that direction. I just feel like this whole thing is such a 180 from what he was. How would that demon girl react to him now if she saw give up that dark magic and say that darkness would ruin him.

Plus I would have handled Bale and Shade so much differently. The angel girl was already wavering in that dialogue scene so just convince her that the world is not all white or black and that shades of grey exist. With he knowledge of magic from the game and/or his cheat of a spell buy store he should have some access to a contract spell. If not make Bale and Shade swear on their mana to serve you(Link) and then he would have gained two powerful servants. Fight Fire with Fire. Fight Darkness with Darkness. This is a war of survival between the two factions and some dark deeds may be necessary in order to win.

Wujigege and blablabla12 like this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Good points. I too was disturbed with how he treated the people in the intro...until I realized he won't be able to help them at his level. He was in a situation where he had a choice between saving himself, or dying with them. He can only save the people he CAN.

The spell buying system will be (deleted due to spoilers). Then he encounter a situation (deleted due to spoilers) so he (deleted due to spoilers). It will become less and less (deleted due to spoilers). :p

As for turning over the dark crystal, I think he realizes with Bale's example, that evil is indeed REAL, and dangerous, and it is easy to rationalize, and justify. But any magic that requires the sacrifice of hundreds of lives just to brew the lich potion is irredeemable.

Also by the time he was in the tower, he was low on mana, and it was touch and go going against a higher level enemy. Yes, after the battle he could have contracted them, but he could NEVER trust them. Dangerous to have allies who WILL betray you, looking for loopholes in the contract magic, trying everything they can to break contract magic. Not good.

I can tell you, after reading the mtl as much as I can, there are epic battles, and bravery, treachery, loss and victory. Is GOOD.

KidBuu likes this.
  9. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I loved the first part in that town because it showed true war and a true siege. He wasn't able to save a lot of them but the things he did do were pretty dark. Attacking that one boy to steal his wand and then destroying the lock on the door so he couldn't get out was to dark. I think he had enough to buy that basic healing spell so he could have healed that female summoning teacher but he saved his points for the unexpected and only really relied on himself. I just think the personality jump is way to big between how he was with the demon princess to how he was with the angel. That should have been spread out more.

Thank you spoiler information by the way it gave me some hope without spoiling anything but I'll probably stick around for the magic fights because they are done so well.

For the contract magic wise I think with him being a former Arch-mage, was this level in magic ever mentioned(?), I think he would have been able to create a pretty good contract that a only a level 5 necro and level 8 mage would have had a hard time getting out of. I wouldn't trust shade at all and probably put more safe guards against him but Bale is different. I don't think he was completely fallen to the darkside at that point in the story. Once he is in prison yes but I think if Link had the contract with him before that and showed that he had as much magic knowledge that he did in the past, such as mentioning that scroll he has, he would be able to become a loyal servant. Oh and if he hears Links "holy son or son of light title" from the angel and saw his form he might see Link as a path of redemption for him to the light god. You could tell that him abandoning his religion and the light god was a really hard choice for him.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic fights are good..also, this novel is unexpectedly funny. Like when that dwarf (deleted due to spoilers) I was laughing until I got sick.:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

About Bale and the contract, well, because of (deleted due to...you know) it becomes not important. :blobtongue::blobamused::blobwink::cookie:

11. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    No funny wise is the min boss fight with that dark elf warrior when Link uses tactics to knock him down and then shoots a high speed rock into his rocks.

And I will still say that contract or slave thing with Bale would be beneficial to his "raid team". Even if he didn't have Bale fight he could seal most of his magic and just have him make magic scrolls to sell. Once again this is only if he would have done that instead of taking him back to the tower to get judged. The angel and himself would have to lie and say he escaped and then have him hide out in the forest near the city.

Also really like how he is investing into the mercenary group. Link likes to say that he beat that final boss alone but I am pretty sure that in the first chapter or two it mentioned that he led a raid team to the final boss and he was the only survivor of that fight. He doesn't have his guild to back him up anymore and I see this mercenary group as his own future private army.

12. Nyanboro

Nyanboro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    W
    WHere can i read the mtl's?

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Bale: Won't happen. You'll see why soon. :p

There are funnier moments later on. ;)

Yep, private army...you'll read soon why he needs one. ;)

Lnmtl. ;)

14. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey buddy I know its to late for anything good to come from Bale. That's why I said that him becoming a follower or any hope at redemption had to happen when he was captured before they brought him back. So they would have had to do all of that in the necro tower when he was bound there. I was just saying that as a different path that the story could have taken with Link not being light nor dark but a shade of grey.

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Elenore.:aww::aww::aww:

This is going to be fun! ;):p:cookie::blobpopcorn:

16. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn’t this polygamy? When did the tags changed

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming up...yet another street fight...:blobtongue:

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The family visit home...never seems to work out well:facepalm:

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP three musketeers...

Flaming hand...:blobtongue:

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    This section is SO sad...:blobfrowning: