Discussion Liar Game, the most repulsive character

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dragon God, Jan 20, 2017.

?

Who is the most cringeworthy character?

1. Kanzaki Nao

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. Emiya Shirou

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Other(specify in thread)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume you are a great fan of NGNL?

2. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Dragon God

Dragon God {King of Peasants} {Tanya's Husbando}

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup I loved the Anime.
    The Light Novel was a bit awkward to get into, so I dropped it after a while. I may pick it up later though.

pirateking36 likes this.
  4. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    i like that interpretation of her character. it also seems that there is 'growth' in her character later on.

Also, gotta disagree with you on Chu Feng from Martial God Asura and Lin Feng from Peerless Martial God --> both of them know they are flawed, but have a strict set of principles that they hold themselves to.

I agree with you on Yun Che tho - he is a hypocrite through and through, and has no principles that he sticks to other than to be all holier than thou before laying down the pounding. the most irritating bit is that he doesn't eve see how he is a jackass almost 99% of the time - simply by following outta sight, outta mind. He started out strong tho -- best moment was when he 'gave his life' for Yuanba. so touching.

No comment on Close combat mage. Comes back, gits gud at water manipulation, massages all women with said magic for rejuvenation purposes, so much money...................but for what? I dont get his end game or his plan or dafuq for. kk, gg, you do you, imma read something else.

5. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said it's a bad story. Both of the stories are good.

I just find those characters nauseating. They repulse me on a fundamental level. It goes against everything I've learned in life so far.

The dichotomy is such that I can't accept them as the same species as me.

6. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read such.

7. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still on volume 3.

8. pirateking36

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the translated novels of NGNL and even bought the official ones......It's one good novel.

Dragon God likes this.
  9. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, well carry on then. Its a pretty good read.

10. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    Will do.

11. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess I'll retry it again then. I have up to volume 6. Up to which volume do you have?

12. pirateking36

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the official ones till volume 3....As for fan ones.....I think it was translated till volume 6.(do read from volume 1)

13. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emiya is the best. His ideals are correct, but its just how he arrived at it is flawed. No one is more suited to be the hero of justice than him.

14. animalia

animalia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to tell there will be a turning point at the end of the contraband arc where she manged to Trick Yokoya of all people. She made him think he lost when even by his own standards he won and tricks him into coming back into the game by doing something she has never done before LYING. Also I want to point that the REASON that she managed to lie so successfully that she managed to fool even Yotsuya is BECAUSE she hate's to lie and has DEVELOPED a reputation for honesty. As a result NO ONE saw it coming. That being said her said her overall character doesn't change she still does NOT like to lie and genuinely tires to be honest with people her Naivety is GONE she does NOT expect people to honest with her just because she is honest with them and CAN be manipulative WHEN she HAS TO be although she still tries to be honest WHENEVER POSSIBLE even a sort of manipulating with honesty, for example recognizing when people are plagued by a guilty conscious, desperate for a way out of situation, she gives them one but also uses it to establish her goals Yet TELLS THEM WHY She is doing it. It works IN PART because they are desperate for that way out of that situation and/or to assuage that guilty conscious, BUT if she HADN'T ACCURATELY read their personalities it COULD have gone badly showing that it WAS necessary to outgrow her NATIVITY

I also want to point that a big theme of Liar game is that often an action which seems beneficial in the short run is often disastrous in the long run run and vice versa for example become hesitant to trust Akiyama because of his mind games DESPITE his good intentions. And there is a big problem with Yokoyoma's philosphy as well. People are hesitant to leave him out of fear. People are hesitant to leave him out of fear and cruelty, but that same philosophy means they don't trust him either and want to get away from him but don't know how to.. On the contrast BECAUSE Nao has built a reputation for honesty and Kindness people KNOW that they can trust her to hold up her end of the bargain. While it IS true that her NAIVETY IS Something that the series does show she needed to drop, it shows that her HONESTY AND KINDNESS are her TWO STRONGEST ASPECTS and something that she would be MUCH WEAKER WITHOUT.

redplatform_ likes this.
  15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @animalia, please check the date before replying to a thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.