Other Request Mother of learning

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by crazyfalcon, May 5, 2018.

1. crazyfalcon

crazyfalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was hanging around in the NU recommendation pages and spotted this novel

Mother of learning (not on rrl but fictionpress.Com)

I read a few chapters and it seems pretty good, no problems with grammar, relatable characters etc. But I couldn't find any review, description or rating of any sort so if anyone has read it can I have a short review/rating and what is the general direction the novels heads to?
    Thanks guys

Greater thunder likes this.
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read it, highly recommended

3. kalyan

kalyan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main characters do not become powerful overnight. It is a slow process over which they accumulate strength and resources required for the win. It is a good read

qwertzuiop and crazyfalcon like this.
  4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an amazing novel that should be published and sold world wide. It is so good that it is criminal that this book isn't a house hold name.

5. dezzter

dezzter The one who knows

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a pretty high quality novel, I haven't read it in a while because I'm letting chapters build up, since at least when I used to read it updates were pretty slow compared to novel translations or the average webnovel/fanfic.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  6. Saerav

Saerav Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, it's a magical groundhog day-esque mystery novel, where the MC attempts to untangle the web of intrigue which resulted in the current situation. Each time reset sees the MC choosing different choices, talking to different people and learning about new facets of the world. There are plenty of plot twists to go around and many of the characters are more than what they appear to be at first glance, all of which will become apparent as the time loops continue.

Some people may be put off the concept of similar things happening over and over again, but many of the loops diverge so much from previous renditions that it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No words for it really. Just read it. I have not so far heard anyone spitting on it but there is a first for everything.
    Right now it is at 84 chapters and updates in a schedule the author sticks to from the beginning.

8. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As with all groundhog day-esque novels, this novel has multiple goals:
    - Messing with parameters in a sandbox environment and observing the outcome
    - Self-improvement
    - Finding a way to leave

This novel does these things well. And the great thing about it is that, as other repliers have mentioned, the loops keep being changed up because there's all sorts of things for the MC to pursue because magic exists.

Greater thunder likes this.
  9. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is some pretty awesome arc right now so go on and binge.

10. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the best time traveling novel I have ever read, and despite having stopped reading it a year ago, I still remember it vividly, though that makes it just harder to reread :/

I stopped reading in order to accumulate more chapters, and I'm all out for a binge read.

Some Recommendations:

Also another quite noteworthy novel is Worm.
    It's a great time to read it, as Worm 2.0 came out a few months ago.

Worm is completed since 2013, and it's literally one of the most famous original novels of all times (and rightfully so!)

Then another great novel, although not as well known, The Zombie Knight Saga, definitely ranks amongst the top of the top of my favorite original novels.

Edit: btw, I didn't put any descriptions for the said novels, because for MoT other people's replies have done a great job at it, Worm has a description, and... well, the only thing I can say about TZKS is that it's not about zombies...

Have fun reading!

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  11. crazyfalcon

crazyfalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well thank you kind sir

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  12. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited it a bit to say something about the third novel.

They're all great novels, but of course some people might have different tastes and stuff. If you don't find one to your liking, try the others.

crazyfalcon likes this.
  13. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop Well-Known Member (not really, lol)

Reading List:
    Link
    If I recommend the novel I always use the synopsis on the authors patreon page, as the one sentence on fictionpress doesn't really do the series any justice in my opinion.
    Zorian is a teenage mage of humble birth and slightly above-average skill, attending his third year of education at Cyoria's magical academy. He is a driven and irritable young man, consumed by a desire to ensure his own future and free himself of the influence of his family, whom he resents for favoring his brothers over him. Consequently, he has no time for pointless distractions or paying attention to other people's problems.

As it happens, time is something he is about to get plenty of. On the eve of the Cyoria's annual summer festival, he is killed and brought back to the beginning of the month, just before he was about to take a train to Cyoria. Suddenly trapped in a time loop with no clear end or exit, Zorian will have to look both within and without to unravel the mystery before him. And he does have to unravel it, for the time loop hadn't been made for his sake and dangers lurk everywhere...

Repetition is the mother of learning, but Zorian will have to first make sure he survives to try again - in a world of magic, even a time traveler isn't safe from those who wish him ill.

14. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since others are also recommending stuff what about How To Avoid Death on a Daily Basis by Mooderino.

crazyfalcon likes this.
  15. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I didn't know the secuel came out, thank you very much for telling us.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  16. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    My pleasure ~

17. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is MC the only experiencing/aware of the looping?

18. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading it right now,
    I read it some years ago, and now I struggle remembering names and characters, I think I'll have to reread the first part

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  19. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No