Is this novel thing dead?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anon1guy, May 6, 2018.

1. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I don't remember exactly how I found myself on the spcnet forums that started me on this novel thing but stellar transformations was my first Chinese xianxia novel. I think that I got into this whole novel thing from the whole shield hero thing that happened a while back than my horizons were expanded.at least thats how I remember it. At the time it was a wonderous world where there was new and intresting novels coming out all the time. New things were being translated and it was as if there was a boom. But now the whole thing seems dead. When was the last exciting novel that you read? the only novels that I sort of read out of a mixture of habit and curiosity is rise of humanity, the tales of herding gods and renegade immortal,the record of a mortals journey to immortality when they come out. there are no new novels worth reading or they are increadibly generic. I feel that with the industrialization of this the chaos of it went away. and with the chaos the excitement also went away. There aren't any fan translaters just doing there thing bringing in a new novel anymore. There is almost nothing new to discover. Do you agree or is it just me.

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pocketbear likes this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    A week ago

4. AeonicI

AeonicI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spot on

5. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Many good novel been monopolized by qidian /J-Novel club/yenpress/munpia

kenar, Varno and Igneus like this.
  6. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just you.

7. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Just looked at your thread totally agree with all that you said. I would go on further to say that the new music is bad as well. I just hope the problem isn't me. Have you watched that episode of south park where stan sees everything going to shit...

Varno likes this.
  8. raikun1209

raikun1209 Wandering Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a cycle actually. An author writes an interesting novel. We, the readers, gets hype for it. The said novel gets popular. Other authors will copy the popular novel's premise. Then BOOM we get so many novels that have the same premise. ie Isekai Boom.

9. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You better double check that :blobpopcorn:

10. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that its just me though. Take avatar the last airbender for example. Extremely popular show still quoted till this day. but they haven't made one to match it yet. I rewatched yu yu hakusho recently and how old is that. They don't make things like they used to.

11. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just a cause of over-consumption. if you eat pizza every day, you will get sick of it eventually and switch to chicken. likewise if you only read cultivation novels, maybe you should try other types like the 'black bellied miss' novels.

Clozdark, Igneus and Teadragon like this.
  12. Tinkerlin

Tinkerlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seek and you shall find

13. libraryrocker

libraryrocker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read dead tree novels before I read these translated ones. And now read everything on my computer. I guess if I stop liking reading... the world will implode? I dunno, just not likely to happen. Go read Worm, that will keep you busy for... months and then you might be refreshed and ready to read other stuff again.

14. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    A Month or two i think and it was a monster who levels up took my whole attention and binged reading it to 100+ chapters without stopping and after that i was considered one of my fav novel :p

15. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what a dead tree novel is but before this asian stuff I read western novels and basicaly I had read everything that I would have liked to the point that I was scraping the bottom for the kindle novels which were all super generic and clones of eachother at that point. Its not that I have nothing to do. Its just that the excitement it gone and its become mediocre like that other guy was talking about. They don't make good things anymore.

16. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading a monster who levels up but the korean novels unless they are LMS don't really pull me in anymore. They don't seem real to me its like I can tell that it is a novel and a story and so I am not immersed the same with the japaneese novels. Its the way people don't act naturally to fit certain tropes and criteria that does it I think. Chineese novels don't have this too much at least the ones that I read when I feel it upon me, I drop it.

17. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like you have been over-exposed and show sign of fatigue. I suggest you read something else entirely, or do something else like watching tv-series, a movie, a cartoon, whatever to cleanse your palates.

18. Igneus

Igneus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are black bellied miss novels?

19. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read anyhing on this site in the last two months (except a few chapters of martial world; which I concider a little more than mediocre).
    There isn't anything new. I can not find any sort of stimulation. Not from tv, youtube or books (all characters in the first book of the wheel of time were unlikable). Seriously, people on this site always demean these novels for being webnovels, atleast they weren't overhyped. I'm going to the king killer chronicles next.

I'm really wishing for a good jp or something as interesting, to me, as Worm.

20. dzymmer

dzymmer {LURKER}{Ghost}

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick! Blame some prepaid novel sites!!:blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:
    They take those good novels without mercy!:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:
    :blobspy::blobspy::blobspy: