Is this novel thing dead?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anon1guy, May 6, 2018.

1. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I understand they are chick novels.

2. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the king killer chronicles are really good. At least I enjoyed it when I was reading it. What is this Worm I keep hearing about?

3. Drawyvern

Drawyvern Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO there are still good novels out there my current favorites are KR: Overgered and CN: Pet King and Nightfall and JP:
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time.

4. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are basically female MC 'face slapping' novels.

5. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude you're lucky, you get to read it. It is a super hero novel with an awsome power system and a protagonist that took a nostalgia laced spot away from batman ( and Hikkigaya) to be my new favorite protag. It's on topwebfiction.

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is not that there is lack of new interesting content. The problem is that you are looking too narrow.

For most people, we started with JP content which seemed new and fresh, then we got annoyed with the beta MC in JP novels and when we saw the alpha CN novels, it felt like a breath of fresh air. Then at one point that also got boring and then we moved on to KR novels where MC isn't a beta nor a mass rabbied serial killer. (Now the path we read may differ but overall it should be similar for many people)

You just need to explore stuff outside your regular readding zone for a breath of fresh air. If you keep reading the same type of stuff, it'll obviously start feeling repetitive and boring.

xlfighter likes this.
  7. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one of the best fiction novels out there.

8. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever read Korean manga or how about the chinese manga

9. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I will keep and open mind and try this. Its my first time reading these royalroad like novels.

10. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't know too many websites for novels, checkout webfictionguide. And if you like Worm you may like the authors other works; you'll find them on the aforementioned site.

11. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually its, just you, believe it or not, the novel industry is actually growing bit by bit everyday, it has grown to the point with qidian, wants a piece of it

12. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, WORM didn't work for me. I don't like reading things with female protagonists.

13. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, I love u for that, you just read my mind with that statement, just that, I still prefer the alpha Chinese mc, I read one chapter of a jp novel and I get pissed, he can even get in a girls pants, when theres like 5 giving them selves to him, i get pissed off, granted, I hate when some chinese mc, act pussy but still they get some at the end

14. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    My reading zone is basically all the things that I know I won't dislike. occasionally I try something that I think I will dislike if there is enough hype for it.

15. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there is half your problem right there. You feel so insecure with your masculinity that you can't read female MC novels :p

I just stay away from the JP harems which makes things a ton better. Well I try to stay away from all harems if possible (but I will tolerate them if they are good enough). Overall though lately I've been focused more on KR and RRL stuff. (I change what I read from time to time so it doesn't get boring)

PS, good to know my mind reading bug is working well... err I mean what a coincidence...

16. Moontsuki

Moontsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the main issue is that many have become too use to reading novels. Like when you were first introduced into the new world of wuxia it was amazing but then you read so many on that genre it stared to to blend together. So you contiued to jap novels so on so forth.
    There are still many novels with good points but the actual pool of ideas have become to over ysed to saturated.

I usally just stop read wuxia and jump to smthing else then after awhile jump back in.

17. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    How about making your reading list public, with novels you are reading and novels you don't like on a separate list and ask for suggestions in the looking for?

18. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    any new good novels on rrl? Had this popular rrl noel whichs was so gooooood, at the start, then a girl got involved and the whole thing turned sour, too much focus on her, its like he forgot about his missiong :(

19. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been busy with work lately + writing my own RRL novel (I recently noticed it's already 6 month hiatus! Time flies by faster than I thought). So I haven't picked up anything yet, once I finish the major project I have for work and at least get up to 4-5th volume (on 3rd now), I plan on picking up some stuff that seemed interesting by description and have decent rating. But don't want to jump into anything just yet (I have a binge disorder, if I start something I know I won't be able to stop reading it entirely even if it isn't that good. It was so bad, back when I was in school, I got screamed at by teachers for reading in class : /)

20. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem with female characters isn't about masculinity it stems from a much deeper reason. I also don't read books where there isn't one clear main character. The reason being that what I actually like about reading these books is projecting myself onto the character.
    I have read almost all books that I would like. I have not ventured into the royalroad time original webnovels but other than that I think that I have everything else covered. My problem is not finding something good to read. I am doing many things besides reading. My problem is the mediocrity that has become this novel thing. It used to be exciting and now its not and like that other guy said its not just this. Its many things good things aren't being made anymore.