Twist and other things you want to see in a novel that normally never of almost never happen

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MarxDarkBear, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyoza

Gyoza Turn Up the Eurobeat

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, you can use the multi-quote function so that you don't have to triple post.

How do I use the multi-quote (+quote) function?
    Multi-quote allows you to easily quote multiple messages over different pages/threads. First, add the quotes to the queue by clicking the +quote button (next to reply) for each message you would like to respond to. Once you're done adding multiple quotes, click on the 'Insert Quotes...' button underneath the reply box where you write. You can then order the quotes before adding them to the message.

2. wiper1122

wiper1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where the MC and villian is not actually brain dead and plot armour isn't thicker than their ego.

3. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, would love to see something like this.
    So far my favourite comment on this thread.

Ignus likes this.
  4. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad to see that this counts as a twist and something not commonly found in novels.

5. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loving someone doesn't mean you are faithful to them. They are two different factors. I can be in a relationship where I hate the person but still be faithful. Or I could love them and be unfaithful. From most harems I've seen there is never an official relationship between the MC and the first girl where being faithful is expected such as official girlfriend, fiancee or wife. Most of the time it's an vague loving relation with no clear definition as to what it is.

I was on my phone and it's too much of a hassle especially since I had already submitted and didn't want to edit in another response.

Gyoza likes this.
  6. Moontsuki

Moontsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love to see a novel where the mc is on an epic journey and like faces many dangers. But instead of triumphing the last danger, he fails and becomes a mentor to all future "mc's" so that they can do what he couldnt.

Also for harem novels, i want one where a female harem member realises that the mc is not being faithful and she goes on a journey to become stronger but still told from the mc pov with hints on female pov. The female harem member becomes the demon lord and fkin kills the male mc.

Where the mc dies, pls leave him dead, its fine if he's in a coma and comes back but there are some authours who fkin abuse the mc halo.

One things that i never read it a slice of life type cultivation novel, where the mc isnt out to become stronger and isnt out to defeat an unknown enemy. But he is either strong from the start or it builds up, focusing on meeting different characters and mc feeling and thoughts on different situations.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Fuyuneko likes this.
  7. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read The Main Character Hides His Strength.

8. Zelphi

Zelphi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a novel where the reaction to the MC's cooking is:

"What is this weird taste/texture? This is too different from what I'm used to and I don't like it :blobconfused:" (and they never do)

instead of "OMG this (Japanese) food is magical! Fantastico! 10/10 would recommend!:aww:"

Or a novel where the MC has a permanent falling out with someone they had a good relationship with in the beginning. Not the two-faced family members we usually see MCs abandoning, but the potential love interest (psych!) or more.

Edit: Also, I hate it when MCs get their food stolen and they just let it go. I want to see consequences for these food thieves!

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    pinkrainmi, Fuyuneko and MarxDarkBear like this.
  9. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    MC going insane at one point and never coming back, slaughtering his own family, lovers etc etc you get the point.

10. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to see someone from the main cast actually die without being revived.

MarxDarkBear and Moontsuki like this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah that will be boring imo better MC gender changed after cursed by god or have accident~
    da end

12. AKIKAN

AKIKAN The Dicktator

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese novel tweaked with Thai drama clichés:

Arrogant young masters ==> technical school delinquents + mean girls
    The young masters keep talking about having their manliness and pride hurt, but using cowardly and despicable methods to take revenge over stupid offense, often on stranger with little tie to the offender. The mean girls are always bitches and consist of jealous girl and her bitchy friends.

Jealous girl, the female love rival to the heroine (often the male MC's evil ex, friend, friend to his sibling, fiancee, same-sect-disciple recent acquaintance or even millennium old bitch from previous life), who is crazily jealous and will do anything to get the man, be it screaming, beating the heroine, blackmailing the man to date her, drug him, rape him, having a child with him due to rape, threatening to kill the child, force him to marry her, hire someone to rape or kill the heroine, use black magic & love potion on the man, etc.

Female characters constantly engage in catfight over a guy. I suppose this time the heroine has to prove how worthy she is to get the man.

The male MC tried to get revenge on the heroine's family by forcing her into a relationship, sometimes rape, then Stockholm syndrome happened. The MC is often a jerk with a heart of gold, or controlling obsessive possessive prick or male yandere.

13. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a good complete ending.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  14. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, that sort of thing happens all the time. Maybe not in the Chinese web novel clones you get on QI, but most paper novels that aren't self-published have some degree of uncertainty in the story. Bad things happen all the time, even character deaths. Even permanent character deaths. Part of the problem on NU is that translators know people liked X novel, so they choose to translate Y novel that's basically the same as X novel so people will like that one too, right? Right? Apparently plenty of people don't care enough to not read, and all the professional translators care about is traffic, so... yeah.

When I read directly from nocturne, there are plenty of novels with twists like women actually not being okay with being raped or being part of a harem. Shocking, I know! Where do they even come up with ideas like that?
    alittleconfused.gif

MarxDarkBear, Ars and Fuyuneko like this.
  15. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already noticed that aswel. At this moment I am more on royalroad than I am on NU. And the good novels on royalroad far outstrip even the best novels on this site. On NU I am only following around 3-5 stories and maybe start something new after a month, however on royalroad I am following 30-50 stories and I keep adding new stories to it almost every week. If it wasn't because that on royalroad alot of authors drop the novel eventually when they don't feel like it anymore, and because I like the forum on this site alot more than that of royalroad, I will probably not be here anymore.

16. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a solution called editing your post or using multiple quote.

Slayerwolfx2 and LaDyViL like this.
  17. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to see a WN that was actually focused on Dwarves. Real dwarfy dwarves, with beards and everything. They played a huge role in Tolkien, who was basically the progenitor of modern fantasy, but I don't think I've ever seen them used in more than a minor supporting role in a JP web novel.

18. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    A good ending...
    Not a freaking open ending, or a botched one, but a serious, freaking normal ending!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.