Question How many CN novels have you dropped

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lil K.O, May 16, 2018.

?

How many have you dropped/currently reading

1. 1000+

2. 800-1000

3. 600-800

4. 400-600

5. 200-400

6. 100-200

7. 50-100

8. 10-50

9. 0-10

10. I don't read CN novels

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly feel that CN novels are the most dropped and shited on novels as they always have bad reviews and hate on them compared to jp novels while I haven't really seen that much hate on the KR side
    So my question is how many CN novels have you dropped???
    And how many CN novels are u reading as by your standard that CN novel is readable or a hidden gem
    Ive dropped at least 50 CN novels
    Currently reading about 10
    It used to be 20 but that number kept on dropping as I kept on finding them unreadable as I read more CN novels

Odorico and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  2. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't read Qidian.

But also, be aware that there are way more CN/JP novels than KR.

3. Zethuron

Zethuron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cant drop many if i am avoiding to start reading the generic trash ones.
    My time is too limited to waste on those sort of fast-food novels.

Shio, eroxaz and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  4. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    This kitty doesn't drop, this kitty pretend that it doesn't exist.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  5. @

@ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Practically all the novels I've read?

EnerHighwave and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  6. SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam A sports, games, novels fanatic.

Reading List:
    Link
    I've dropped about 100, but most of them are from when I started read webnovels. Now I don't have the time to read, so instead of starting new novels I just read the ones I'm caught up with.

7. Moontsuki

Moontsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've dropped like 41 including jap novels, but there are more than 50 that i stopped reading but i will eventually get back to them.
    Honestly, my reading list is a mess,but yea i usually drop CN novels mainly because the storyline gets to a point where its the excat same as everything else (and CN harem is shet).

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Odorico, zman and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  8. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    If its never picked up due to being shit then it's a few hundred, if it's started then dropped it's about 70

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Trillions.

10. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a bar when i searching a kr novel
    i lower the bar when reading jp novel
    i remove the bar when i skimming cn novel
    yes i still have a number of novel dropped . . .

11. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    15~ish. That’s what’s in my list. There’s probably others that I dropped but forgot to add it to the list.

12. Casanova

Casanova Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of them. Plot recycling is really easy to use and there’s like clone stories sometimes that I’m just like “isn’t this a blatant attempt of go ahead and copy my homework and make it look different?” There’s literally a dragon ball and naruto light novel and I’m surprised somebody got away with making a fan fiction like that on here.

@, jndnl and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  13. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped more than I care to think of. For myself CN ones are on top of the list because of the size of the novels available. On the other hand JP novels are less on the dropped list because I do not pick most of them up in the first place. I have read to many JP descriptions of spineless mcs or just weird plot lines that turn me away before even starting the story.

Oh also with KR novels drop rate is low because of the low amount of novels in the past as well as bad experiences with the novels. I don't know what it is with KR novels but everytime I find a good one it always seems like the author rushed the ending or did something else to screw the story over in the end. Makes me have trust issues when one comes up.

Casanova, @, Odorico and 1 other person like this.
  14. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha yeah. Let’s admit, that most CNs we read we’ve dropped. There’s just to many junk-food like Novels out there. They start off good but lose track a long the way. But there’s at least a few gems out there that you can get your fill out of. Sometimes I drop the good ones just to read it later and finish completing the bad ones first so I’ll have something good read after... doesn’t always work though.

Casanova likes this.
  15. solgera

solgera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one. Limitless Sword God. İ dont want to give spoilers since the so-called chapter didnt translated yet. But in my opinion, even translator maybe drop the series when reached that chapter...

16. Aurega

Aurega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In general, CN and JP tend to fall into terrible tropes that reduce the quality of the story significantly. Chinese tend to have one-dimensional characters without a soul or stupidly arrogant, and then demote them to extras all over the place. JP authors tend to think that the world always works the way they perceive the world, so they tend to drag a lot of japanese culture and expected behavior into their stories that creates a jarring disconnect. They also tend to create very one-dimensional characters in a different way (usually involving denseness). So much wasted potential. Another issue is that CN authors are paid by word count, so they have a large incentive to drag things out and bevery verbose.

I generally drop Chinese novels when they start to get repetitive, but I've suffered through a few to completion. Since JP novels tend to be shorter, I've finished quite a lot of them, but in the end, I would say that only a few of them are actually good.

Of course, there's exceptions like Spice and Wolf, Overlord, Release that Witch, Pivot of the Sky etc, which are pretty good novels.

Most korean novels I've read have been really good though, although a few of them are as repetative as the Chinese novels (like tales of the reincarnated lord).

Moontsuki likes this.
  17. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    I Have a Mansion in the Post-Apocalyptic World (Dropped thanks to the translator cutting parts everywhere and putting his own text to make the story family-friendly)
    God and Devil World (The most forced plot i've seen in my life)
    Ze Tian Ji
    I've read a spoiler saying that the MC and Female Lead broke their relationship in the end, that story is "romance", why should I read a romance that ends with nothing?
    Martial God Asura (Endless Realms, repetitive plot)

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  18. Casanova

Casanova Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On another note. I was in love with this one novel till they dropped a racist slur so Easily and had me thinking dang. The feeling was like a girl you were dating was like secretly bashing you behind your back and you just found out. I tend to avoid racist like novels like that. Or give it a chance and see how long they gonna be racist. And well this one had a marathon of racism and rape. So yeah I was done.

19. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    I've dropped a ton of Xianxia/Xuanhuan novels because a lot of them are similar and I get tired of the repetition, especially when the writing is mediocre. Also because of how long most of them are, unless they have something special about them I often get bored after a few hundred chapters. A lot of them start with an interesting premise but the author takes the story in a shitty direction after a while.

I especially get bored easily of the ones with stale/shitty romance *cough* IET *cough* or eternal virgin MCs.

I haven't dropped many JP novels by myself, but there are a lot that got dropped by the author or translator despite me finding them interesting

Casanova likes this.
  20. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    i mean, i like to say they are on hold until they get more chaps, but yeah they are at least 50 of em, minimum. and thats those ive read a lot of, there are also a bunch i only read like a few chaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.