Spoiler The Protagonist Is in the Right Position to Get Along With the Villain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by JadeBunny, May 16, 2018.

1. JadeBunny

JadeBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. runes

runes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First three chapters:
    So in the first released chapter, it turns out that the female lead that the male protag of the book married to was actually a male. The female lead (let's call him ML bc he is) ends up raping the male protag primarily for some bloodline that the male protag was unknowingly carrying. Of course, the readers and our MC are in an uproar about this development, and the author comes back with an apology saying that his girlfriend or girl friends took the chance to submit this while he didn't have access to submit his chapters, and everything will be fixed. MC has been reading this novel so furiously that he didn't sleep for 3 days and ends up transmigrating to the world.

The point at which MC transmigrated into the novel is after male protag fell into a rive? (or something like that) Some slave/servant ends up saving the MC from drowning. This is the point where the novel and MC's experiences begin to diverge. MC manages to wake up early enough that he realizes that the servant/slave saved him rather than this female Sisi. Because in the novel, Sisi originally claimed credit for saving the male protag, we pretty much never see the servant/s;ave again. However, in this case, we see the MC trust the servant/slave more (also because he's been spoiled by the novel on what Sisi was planning on doing). He ends up naming the slave/servant as the ML's name bc the servant/slave reminds him of ML, which makes the servant/slave really surprised that MC guessed his name right.

There's a couple of issues with MC's family. It seems that his father doesn't favor him at all, so in the novel, the male protag didn't cultivate enough to reach a good point for the entry of a sect, so he didn't do very well in the sect. However, the MC knows this beforehand, and comments that this situation reminds him off his previous life (previous life, he was an orphan, so he never really had any father/mother figure. [strike]There is a mother figure, but I'm guessing she places really high expectations on MC or something like that, so he's not really attached to her.[/strike] Actually it seems mother doesn't like MC and sabotages him?) Anyways, MC decides to cultivate (in a hot springs? or he might just be taking a bath), and ML comes to the room with him. MC makes a comment to ML that ML will be staying with him from now, which makes ML imprint the image of MC in this steamy hot springs in his mind because it's like the first time that he's been treated so well. This is probably the start of ML's obsession with MC lol.

I might end up mtl-ing more if I have time, and if the terms don't get too bad considering that it's a cultivation novel and they're pretty hard to translate. Having a first chapter out did help a bit with that tho

Edit: It seems that in this novel, the more spiritual roots you have, the better you are. Might be why MC isn't favored, because he only has single spiritual ice root. (That is if I understood mtl correctly)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    shiory, Peachiii, soie_yoie and 39 others like this.
  3. runes

runes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nect few chapters before I forget the details: (up to like chapter 10-11)
    Anyways, MC begins cultivating and goes to this really cold place to cultivate since he has ice roots. His elder brother? is deliberately antagonistic to him, and they have a small argument before MC is allowed to continue cultivating in a certain area. MC knows that the sect is going to visit Li Jia to accept disciples, and wants to test whether or not ML has spiritual roots. They go to test the ML's spiritual roots only to find out that he ends up having really weird results that don't conclusively say that he has spiritual roots. MC blames himself because apparently ML drank some spiritual root suppressant/poison that prevents him from displaying his spiritual roots. This poison was meant for MC.

(we also get some background on ML. ML had an abusive mother who was sometimes good. As a result, ML has a lot of scars)

The sect disciples come along for the tests, and some cousins of MC and the elder brother of MC have qualifications to enter the sect. Some of them are outer disciples, some of them inner. At the very last minute, when the disciples say that the testing is done, someone says that MC has spiritual roots, which surprises a lot of people because he was regarded as a waste. (probably the fault of the mother). Anyways, MC takes the test, and they find he has a very thick ice root, with some minor wood root interspersed, which is a surprise, because in the novel, male protag only had ice roots. MC manages to become an inner disciple, while the novel protag was only an outer disciple. This leads to better treatment of the MC.

MC inquires whether or not it is possible to take ML with him to the sect despite ML currently not having roots, the disciples say no, until MC reaches the foundation stage. MC vows to the ML to bring him to the sect once a year has passed and he can visit Li jia again. MC leaves, and on the way back to the sect, with actually find out the female lead in the novel that the ML was disguised as was actually a real person (if I interpreted this correctly). FL tries getting along with MC, and MC cries internally because it's going to bring him some trouble.

While MC is one the way to the sect, Hu Sisi barges in on MC's room, where ML is guarding them. She absolutely despises ML now because he made her lose face and MC doesn't trust her anymore. Apparently Hu Sisi was the one who caused MC to be in an almost dying state in the ice caves, and was doing this under the orders of the mother. Hu Sisi claims that ML is a thief and tells her servants to tie him up and throw him in this really cold lake. ML struggles but is ultimately thrown in the lake and sinks, and thinks to himself that he must get stronger. This reminds him to be cold-hearted/revenge-seeking, which he forgot due to MC's treatment of him. This cold heartedness/revenge seeking trait is related to his mother. (perhaps beginning of blackening of ML?)

MC arrives at the sect, something happens with the elders (didn't pay too much attention/decipher this section). Anyways, more snark between MC and his family members (all his family members seem to hate him). MC, as an inner sect disciple, can take on fairly easy jobs to receive some sort of credit beneficial to disciples. He ends up going to work at the sect library, where the elder of the library is very eccentric. He ends up waiting 9 hours in the ice and snow for the elder to allow him in the library, which he's perfectly fine with since he has an ice root, but the elder is very surprised at MC for doing this. MC gains access to the library and starts reading books. MC begins on the path of alchemy, I think.

During the span of one year, MC manages to shoot up from 3rd stage to 8th stage of cultivation, which is an astonishing cultivation pace. He's then selected as one of the disciples to go back to test for new disciples. On the way back, he ends up going to Ye jia, and sees people that reminds him of ML. MC goes back to Li jia earlier than the other disciples (he received permission), but couldn't find ML anywhere. He has to threaten a servant with ice poison before being told that ML was tied to a rock and thrown into the lake. MC is filled with hatred towards Hu Sisi and contemplates killing her before deciding not to. He's also filled with regret for leaving ML in a den of vipers.

MC decides to go searching for ML in the lake to at least find a body. In the end, he finds this tiny baby lizard? or some scaly creature in the lake who immediately gets attached to him (I wonder who the lizard is...) He doesn't find any trace of ML in the lake anywhere. Anyways, the lizard drinks some of MC's blood and can communicate with MC.

MC goes back to the other disciples, and reenters Li jia with the rest of them. They administer the test, and Hu Sisi, who should have roots, ends up not having roots (I don't know if this is because of something MC did). Hu Sisi is absolutely horrified at the thought of her gradually become old, etc.

MC and the other disciples go back to the sect. Along the way, the creature ends up crawling all over MC's body and... eventually settles at/around MC's crotch. MC is mortified by this lol, and tries to discreetly remove the creature. Doesn't work lol.

shiory, Peachiii, Darcy and 42 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we see any of his family'' reaction to his fast cultivation speed ?

Ashley123 and veihakase like this.
  5. runes

runes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, I can't really recall off the top of my head since I just skimmed through the mtl. I think when they first went into the sect, the other relatives of MC were jealous/suspicious of his fast cultivation and claimed it was because his uncle gave him something good? And I think when MC went back to his family for testing purposes, they acted better to him/may have tried to suck up to him (especially the mother). I think the mother/mother-in-law (as mtled) claimed that of course she treated MC very well in the family.

6. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    pokes pokes

@scriptor @winter-t @LaDyViL @Sakhyu @cici @SnowTime @MoMoePom @SummerX
    @kiara8 @readerz @krrizis @Kittsune @Shem @Toyo @Hotato @Novel otaku desu @Matsurika @kly @sinyueliang @ludagad @Luen @DarkBlue @Yuslia @clear @dustmite @smr85 @lalalyly @iampsyx @HesheFell @Kailyria20 @Shizun @Misaki Yata @Haigi @XD @xiin @PKitty @insteadofdeath @Victuuri @ShenHua @Corensi @vsukio @-kiai- @Kleep @ChuChi @Cohran @azure_sea @mereumsama @Hatchy @jadelin @Neelambori @Ami @Shizuka15 @NerdExpress @Popipopipoi @kumquatsjingleheimer @Nokiyoh @K-ralara @MikotoP @purple_mangosteen @Taida07 @Matthew9999 @Hasr11 @Rilise

@missycin @Skyelyne @blaze27 @dontwanttotell @Miri-Bell @Ezralva @DJdragone @leva @CrazedCookies @Leir @Selax @Regalia1896 @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @Nokita @maya_sov @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @pcheshire @Loriel @byebye @Vi.M @Raneday @LavenderBlizzard @psychobee @theragingpanda @Ease @LiYao @SmilePlease @li.king24 4 @Zhen_Qing

@ferrelrose @cheerydandan @Raizendeville @aNonYm0U5 @Rabbitanairy @foxymirage @LiYao @Boinkers @Khysylia @UpInTheAir @Food food @Ashie @Lisstr @blues86 @rainbowturtle @GD2318 @ahsudole @imsodone @Wildelily @Dayong9909 @Haruka1409 @WagKalimutan @GinDole @Tintl @veihakase @DeanRae @haweii @Sasakira @etern @MidnightKaito @michoux @jyuuxvii @xilainia @Fieyy-Qa @JadeBunny @Levanta @Storymonster @Ash Astin @solomaize @Ninjagal @EveningWind @Silver_Moon789 @Yukki576 @Juria @Lunnear @KazeYuki @waraa @misminor @Shigure Hakuya @LoneSoul @Grandia @YukiShiiro @ThePinkHotPot @curryninja @lifeisbittersweet @Shionismad @KuroBaraHime @shouahang58 @XiaoPingGuo @bitterblackrabbit @Ryss @Moocakey @324722 @AaronKing @Cian-Chan

Misaki Yata, Blood A, cici and 19 others like this.
  7. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this one looks cute. ^^

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we see them get married?

So in the original novel, due to the author’s fujoshi gf, the FL and the boss became the same person even though they are actually teo different people?

Lovina likes this.
  9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    A few tiny corrections here and there since I'm also at around the same point in the raws. MC found the lizard creature (tiny dragon in my opinion lol) in an egg that was next to the stone and rope. There was no sight of a corpse or anything, the ropes were untouched, no sign of cutting or untying. The MC is hopeful that ML might have escaped somehow. The lizard was clutching the jade tablet MC left to ML, so MC thinks there's a connection and decides to bring the lizard along. Lizard calls him mama for a while, then changes to dad after MC keeps protesting. Another thing, the lizard didn't settle on the crotch, but slid from the arm up (it curls around MC's wrist usually), then down the clavicles and reached a nipple, then baby instincts kicked in lol. Later, someone attacked the Li clan and all the other brothers returned there. The MC was in closed cultivation, so he didn't know. The attacker was said to be a demonic cultivator with silver dragons on his face or something (mtl...maybe it was a mask? or scars?). MC deduces it's the story's villain. He previously thought the villain was ML (his servant), but he couldn't have become strong enough to defeat the Li clan's elder in this short time, so he loses hope it's him. He's still determined to find him.

At this point, I'm not sure the little dragon is ML, but it could also be, and I'm hoping so. It's just that when the MC went to cultivate, he threw the creature in the outer room because it was crawling all over him (it was jealous over the story FL). And while it was outside, it received two commands: don't drink MC's blood anymore and don't let anyone be intimate with MC. Seems the commands came from someone else (ML obviously). But mtl didn't make it clear whether it was an outside entity or an inner voice. Also, the guy who attacked the Li clan, I kinda think it's the ML too. So I'm split 50-50. I do want the little dragon to be ML. It said it doesn't have any memories, but kept clutching the jade disk because he felt close to the scent it gave off and a voice inside told him to wait for a certain person to pick him up.

A few more things. The MC was definitely the one who ruined the Hu bitch's cultivation and made it impossible for her to cultivate in the future. He wanted her to look at herself growing old and dying since it would be a bigger shock and punishment than just killing her. He read and practiced alchemy like mad previously, so it might be related to that :3.

There were rumors that MC had a treasure that let him cultivate faster. His brothers and cousins came to interrogate and demand the treasure, but MC let them know he was disfavored and there was no chance to get something like that from the elders. The clan head gave him only a space bag upon his acceptance to the sect and nothing else. He also hinted that he'll serve the main branch later on, so one of his cousins assumed he'll get his alliance and help him fight for the family's head position in the future and left him alone. Things were kinda dropped there where his family is considered. But someone else, so far unnamed, was eyeing this supposed treasure and his disciple(?) vowed to get it under any circumstances. It'll probably lead to a plot. The so-called treasure is an ugly black jade that MC found in the family's garden. He knew it from the novel, where the novel MC gave it to the FL (or the villain/ML) and FL always kept it on her body. MC discovered that it boosted his cultivation speed.

As for the Hu bitch. She freaked when she found out she couldn't cultivate and let it slip that MC was previously determined not to have any ability to cultivate (at 1 year old) because of the wife's schemes. MC's father seems to realize something and has an ugly face.

MC starts piecing things together from the novel, there's quite some mystery going on about the whole FL/ML switcheroo. Current FL seems to lose her voice, but she later reveals that it's only a ploy and she's pretending. So...hehe. It's fun to try and guess how things happened exactly.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Peachiii, mmem, Cuteybell and 36 others like this.
  10. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the pokes.. i never saw this hoho im so thankful.. now off you go into my reading list and imma camp here nee ^^ sankyuu :3

11. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it's confirmed. The little dragon is not ML, but seems to obey him. They're surely related somehow. MC already met ML and ML is pretending to be weaker than he is and is completely turned yandere now...but still has some reason left. Like he wants to constrict MC, but he also wants MC to smile.

shiory, Peachiii, mmem and 24 others like this.
  12. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Another update...ML and the little dragon are the same after all \o/. He can turn into a little dragon and can also separate a part of his power?energy? and make it into a little dragon. So, back when I thought ML was giving orders to the little dragon, there was a scene where the little dragon spit out a ball of light, which then turned into the ML. ML then went to wreck the Li clan I assume. I just read a scene where the injured ML absorbed the little dragon and healed himself partway, then turned himself into a little dragon but with some scales missing and some scars on the body. So, I assume the ML left the little dragon (some of his energy) in the frozen lake to wait for the MC. Maybe as a test?

EDIT: I overthink sometimes. The little dragon in the frozen lake was probably really ML who was dormant and waiting. He said he had no memories, which might have been a lie.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    shiory, Peachiii, mmem and 31 others like this.
  13. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    PFFFFT I think ML has two tintins.

Btw, MC has (ice) phoenix bloodline, ML has dragon bloodline. So they can literally turn into a dragon and a phoenix. ANYONE SENSE THE ROMANCE~

:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

shiory, mmem, Asami and 20 others like this.
  14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, why do many yandere MLs have two tintins? Is this a new or old trend in BL /danmei novel? Hahahahahaha!

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that why he got raped? What benefits does it bring to the ML though?

lilysmith and Tintl like this.
  16. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    What rape? I don't recall reading about any rape......

Even when ML got affected by aphrodisiac and tried to wheedle MC into sleeping with him, nothing rape-y happened. MC just took pity on him and gave him a handjob.

In fact, this story is very much free from XXX for our couple. There's occasional nudity and one hilarious moment when MC peeks on another couple (het) doing it, because he felt there was something wrong with him that he didn't get the hots the way normal people did, but nothing really rated R.

Unless you count the ending... because it hints at MC and ML doing it in dragon and phoenix forms.

Peachiii, mmem, Asami and 20 others like this.
  17. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    You're talking about the beginning where MC reads the novel, right? Ignoring the cultivation lingo, ML extracted something from MC to complete his bloodline. Later in the story, when MC activated his bloodline, he received the bloodline's memories that he needs to extract (the dan? I dunno) the thing fromthe dragon bloodline in order to complete his bloodline and be able to practice some law. However, MC discovered that he could still practice that law regardless and starts to think that this whole pitting dragon against phoenix is a ploy to keep both bloodlines under control. He shares his thoughts with the ML, that dragon and phoenix might be a fated pair and making one kill the other would actually stop the potential of the other. ML also had the memories that told him to kill the phoenix bloodline, but of course he refuses to ever do that. He thinks the MC's guess might be on the right track. So there's some mystery behind it. MC is also sure that even without consuming the thing from the dragon, he'll be able to slowly cultivate to the top on his own strength. So the whole drama behind the two bloodlines doesn't affect him. Safe to say that things won't repeat from the real world novel.

shiory, Peachiii, mmem and 23 others like this.
  18. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere? Did I hear a yandere? *Running in top speed for more spoiler* How bad is his yandereness? Any examples? How does MC react/ tolerate/ stop him?

shiory, Lovina, lilysmith and 2 others like this.
  19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is oblivious so far since ML is all sweetness and devotion in front of him. But if MC is friendly to a girl, ML is already planning her death. His type of yandere-ness is 'MC is my treasure, no one is allowed to look at my treasure, let alone take it. No one can harm my treasure, even myself. My treasure should be the happiest'. But he's also not the spoiling type. He knows how important it is for the MC to grow stronger, so he doesn't get in the way via overprotection, and lets the MC encounter dangers and solving them. Of course, he always stands as a plan B if MC fails, since ML won't risk MC's life. And when it counts, he'd rather be the one to suffer and get injured than let the MC suffer. He can also self-sacrifice. Basically, MC is his everything.

Peachiii, mmem, Asami and 22 others like this.
  20. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon... [snake] [tubby-lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O
    ...the two of them.... in animal like form...?!:blobneutral:
    Srly cant imagine that in a hot way:blobdizzy:

shiory, Lovina, luzumafu and 4 others like this.