Question Does it make you feel Uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by JackStone, May 17, 2018.

1. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    So yeah, I'm planning on reading "Reborn as my love rival's wife".
    The plot looks interesting, the premise looks interesting, it's basically a really interesting looking novel (I also loved the cover to it, looks so good).

After seeing some of the reviews (yes, I sometimes read the reviews before I read the novel) it seems as though our male, now female, protagonist slowly falls for his love rival.

So here's the winning question: does it make you fell like "eewww get me away from that gaysh8" or "that's some good shit right there, Mmmm, good shit. Now get married"

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    Second option, my friend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rumby and SnowTime like this.
  3. Alvory

Alvory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well it depends on what you think of as eww or something but to me this novel is hilarious, very funny. I ship our main couple, male turned female, our Su Jian very funny

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^This. Exactly my feelings.

5. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't want to experience it myself and I don't read novels with a female protagonist AND romance for a reason, but it's not like I'm particularly against other people liking it.
    I don't really know how the "reborn" works here, is he reborn as her from young or does he get thrown into her body while his rival is courting her? In the first case I'd say go for it, but in the second I believe the rival has a right to know that the person he's courting is no longer the one he fell for and a former male.
    A relationship built upon lies is not a real relationship.

6. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite funny and I ship it.

7. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop Well-Known Member (not really, lol)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm undecided... I dislike Yaoi/Shounen Ai but if he became female I guess it would bring forth quite a few interesting internal monologues/conflicts about gender identity and that kind of stuff... I don't know, probably depends on the novel.

8. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite immune to swordfights. I watched the complete boku no pico 1-4, I've read SOME yaoi novels .Etc

otaku31 likes this.
  9. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read the novel so I don't know how it is.
    But, depend on the quality of gender bender stories, I quite like it.
    But, if the story make me feel the ""eewww get me away from that gaysh8", then I will just drop it.

Lewisking50 likes this.
  10. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsalute::blobsalute::blobsalute:

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    My first response was.. That's disgusting. Second response was.. It's probably biased anyway, what I mean is that male to female or vice versa where they change their sexual preference usually they first comforming to their old gender stereotype and then overtime changed to their new gender stereotype, by that I mean I don't like it cuz their personality changed just to make the romance work. Third response was.. On the off chance that I do pick it up(not the first time I randomly pick things that I would usually never touched), I would first look at the writing style, and then judge it with extreme bias, where I would only continue reading if it pass the extremely good assertion.

12. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    It's always fun to be homophobic ( yeah yeah yeah now female w/e) so Imma go with the eww option :blobhighfive:

13. Jass

Jass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's alright, the male (now female) lead isn't constantly talking or missing his male parts, and he acts more tomboyish than a man.

Its more cute than "ewww" because the MC isn't really bound too much by her gender, so you wouldn't really feel uncomfortable by their interactions. Male lead isn't really overbearing either, so that helps.