Gun Control

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TooLazyToThink, May 19, 2018.

?

Do you guys think strict gun regulation will solve the mass shooting problem?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    54.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undeadlord

Undeadlord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The law of universe state that in order to get something then one have to exchange it with something else. I this case if they start with the gun control then less people will get shoot and less crime with guns will happen. But other sorts of crimes will become higher like rape, burglary and murder will happen with other thing like a kitchen knife. Crimes happen not because of the tools but because of the one using the tools.

322dream likes this.
  2. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz
    A...........Murica?

3. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Majority of criminals get their gun illegaly how would gun control prevent that? in case you don't know, there were many cases that having guns prevent criminal act and saved lives but was suppressed by the news.

322dream likes this.
  4. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said. Like american dad always says.
    Guns don't kill, people kill people.

5. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The people over there can ask for gun control a million times, but I can assure you they will not implement it.

Weapons are a very profitable industry over there. And those weapon companies got a very strong influence on politics.

This is what happens nowadays when money is more important than ethics. Same shit happening in gaming industry, loot box and all.

Yeah, very sad. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

AliceShiki and Ai chan like this.
  6. pookiepie

pookiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can kill 20 people in a crowd with a knife, then those people most likely deserved it...

Like seriously people whoever thinks mass murdering would be the same with other weapons, like knives, is an idiot.

7. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I’m not pro-guns or anything, but... let’s say suddenly everyone, lawful and lawless, simultaneously decided to give up guns.

Do you think that there will no longer me mass murders? Or school shootings? I think that instead of “shooting “ it would just change to “knifing” or “burning” or “poison”. There are many ways to commit crimes. So it’s not really an issue of guns, but rather “Violence”. Or aggressiveness. I think that the government should concentrate more on creating solutions to curb the violence streak. Eg: make art more popular. Make sports more popular, like swimming and running. Or dance. Yes, dancing would be good. Not the type of sports where people get riled up and feel like punching something when their team loses, but the “calm” sports. Music, the “classical” variety also helps to decrease aggression.
    There are many ways to decrease violence besides banning guns.

Clozdark likes this.
  8. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Either way, guns just make killing people easier.
    I mean if I want to kill people with a gun, I just point my gun and shoot. You don't even have to get close, just mechanically pull the trigger and dump the mag into his body, like a precision machine.
    If I want to kill people with a good old wakizashi, I need to get close to my target, see the white on his eyes, and separate his dishonorable head from his body.

If I want to kill a lot of people, it will be easy using my trusty modular compact illegally automatic-modified AR15. I could pump 45 bullets before reloading thanks to my extended magazine and rained down death on the infidels!
    If I want to kill a lot of people without a gun, I needed to resort to bomb or chasing people around with katana drawn and ran amok. GOD DAMNIT! STOP RUNNING YOU FUC**RS! Damn... I wish I bring a crossbow... Chasing people and not have a ranged attack means are not fun!

9. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna happen. America news networks glorify mass shooters. Moreover, they watch too many Holywood movies which are full of guns.

10. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    The kid had a shotgun and a revolver, not some Ar-15. Honestly, I'm just wondering where tf were the cops? my sister is a public school and has at least 3 on duty all day. Mine had metal detectors to detect weapons cuz my school can get rowdy. Guns are part of our society, my making more restrictions people will just influence the black market dealings. If anything USA will just have an influx of guns coming through the border. Look at Sweden's gun laws. Idk much tbh tho lol.

322dream likes this.
  11. pookiepie

Reading List:
    Link
    By the time you stab 3rd guy. What do you think will happen? And you want to compare it with taking assualt rifle and strafing across the crowd?

Sorry but in countries where guns are prohibited I never heard of such mass murders. Or even if by chance something like that ever happened, I don't think it happens as commonly as shootings in USA.

12. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be completely honest, banning guns would solve shootings, but mentally twisted people might start using bombs or knives or gas instead, so gun control wouldn't solve the problem about incidents happening.

You can't really ban knives without issues, you can't ban harmful gases eithe(burning pvc tube), and with some googling its relatively easy to make ied.
    Compared to those, getting a gun can be lot harder and less harmful. Gun gives a lot of impact and coverage though and is therefore used.

lohwengk likes this.
  13. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah,it's flamethrower time,or school bombing for the next few years

15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    One day where people legally do criminal thing...

THE PURGE

16. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite quotes

17. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I believe getting flamethrower and making bombs in USA are a lot harder than going to Virginia, Nevada, or Florida to legally buy a semi-automatic rifle.

18. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not American but I think that 1 mad man with a Gun is better than 100 mad man with a Gun. Sure, mass shooting can still happen cause man will always find the way, but at least it will reduce the chance for it to happen because the added hurdle to do it.

And for the "Good Guy with a Gun" argument... I think we all can agree that no "good guys" would in the right mind bring a gun to a school. Only Psycho do that.

19. pookiepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not make explosives legal? I mean I need it for protection lol. What do you think would happen? Why do you think it's illegal? Why do you think it's so hard or impossible to get strong poisons and is so strongly regulated? You can get explosives for mines, and strong toxic chemicals for pharmaceutical companies. But i think it's good that they are regulated so not every Jack or Harry can get to them.

And now lets release bunch of guns in pubilc, this is going to end well. But ya, if you know how much money is in this industry you know why is it so. Money makes world go around, compared to that lives are worthless right?

20. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volatile topic. Locked.

AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.