Discussion Do CN authors care about their readers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lil K.O, May 20, 2018.

?

Do they care about us

1. Nope

25 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Never did

25 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Why did u make this!?!!?

45 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also a writer who listens to everything the readers say and implements them isn't a good writer. Sure some comments and reviews are good, but in my experience on RRL the mass majority of them are not good, or at least not good for your story.

I can't remember all the times people suggested ideas that couldn't fit into my story. They wanted my characters to be OP from the start, godly intelligent, a sociopath who kills and torture people with a smile and mocks people ideals of right and wrong, more of a man whore then my protagonist with a harem already was, to show the implied sex scenes, to have the story filled with side stories and introduce dozens of side characters, to not date so many girls, surpass the system of power in the story, and wanted me to introduce dozens of OP powers that would ruin the balance of strength I wanted so it would stay interesting.

Ultimately the readers have very strong opinions that they unknowingly confuse for what's factually good and what's not good for a story. Thankfully my readers who were like that were never so bad and were few in number, but I could see a situation where an author just doesn't respond to their readers to convince them why they don't do this and why they choose to do this instead. While an author might get money from their readers they are certainly not your slaves who have to do as the reader commands.

And on Qi authors aren't uploading the chapters, but the translators. So it's highly unlikely they are going to change the story they wrote years ago just for a foreign audience.

mir, m7vpc, Vanidor and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am cultivating the Dao of randomness
    >. >
    <. <

3. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, checkmate RNGod
    Now give me my luck in online games :blobpopcorn_cool:

4. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. Readers can actually drive stories into the ground. Most people just have crappy ideas that won't work and aren't as brilliant as they think.
    That's a great Dao to get you banned.

JadeWhiteSkin likes this.
  5. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember during good old days there was this one CN author who did seem to care about readers, he posted a vid and everything how he appreciated the readers.
    Nowdays though, i doubt the CN authors care much for people outside china

6. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they're basically like youtubers and shounen manga artists...they start off with a good premise but end up dragging it out just after they start to make good money off of it.

TheNewGuy likes this.
  7. VannVann

VannVann [Drained] 《Worn Out》 GM

Reading List:
    Link
    *ninja snek lands*

For better or for worse there is such a thing as word count. But even with this there can be good CN novels. I all deoends on how much the author is inspired as well as picnh of talent. It's not only the CN novels which suffer through this. There are Japanise, Korean, English etc noveles which are bad. It's just that CN novels are plentiful and more accessable to us. The books which we find in librariea are all aproved gems. Back when the writter of the books was actually writing it there have been other writters. It's just that only he/she was remembered.

*ninjas out*

8. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Better than one might think - after all, "practice makes perfect".

9. Druuj

Druuj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno. Maybe it's a cultural difference and what feels like low level content to us is considered bearable in the CN audience. Maybe the novels target younger audiences than us here on NU. Maybe the authors do not bother with public acceptance but simply stumbled on something that gives them money. Or maybe they have targeted specific readership with their novels, finding their niche and sticking to it. Maybe the release speeds in China force them to dilute their content to compensate. Maybe some have already found their bottleneck in writing and are giving their best, however much is that. Dunno. If people are reading them, they must be doing something right amongst all those wrongs you credit them.

10. Wize

Wize [20 years ahead] [PROCRASTINATOR]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gat'Em

11. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure sure~ in other words you mean yes you’re doing it for the trophies but you’re too scared to admit it?

12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They write what sells.

They write what people want to read.

Isn't to your taste? Sorry, turns out you're the minority. They *are* listening to readers, and this is what they ask for.

13. MorselaGracia

MorselaGracia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehehe. Go tell that to the translators so that they choose better CN novels to translate. While you're at it, I'll be here still waiting for FlareWK to get resummoned to continue his legacy of being the CN yandere god.

14. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    That's for a single given author. The number of series each author needs to go through in order to produce a good one depend on natural talent, care they give to quality and dumb luck, so some may produce masterpieces from chapter 1 while others may have long careers of +1,000,000 chapters and to the last of them being overly subpar.