I fear I’m too naïve

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by leo.d., May 22, 2018.

1. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I too, fear I am too Na'vi.

2. Zx

Zx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pro tip: if you think you’re smart, you’re not. You’re just a narcissist.

3. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the more you know, the more you don't know

is a wisdom in itself

4. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Your naivety will disappear when you stumbled in society, worry not ~
    Even pack mule doesn't fall in the same hole twice.

5. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok, i have a way to help you. Just come sit in my white van with tinted windows and i assure you that with just one session... you'll become way more experienced in the ways of the world.

Theory and practice, my friend. Learn the theory and put it in practice, see the practice and learn the theory.
    Using my example above, i don't have a white van, never did. But white vans have been used so many times for kidnappings and wrongdoings both in movies and real life, that it's now mostly treated as a joke and most of us know not to carelessly approach a creepy white van.

You know, i've been scammed before... I was mindlessly walking down the street when this old man stopped me on my way and spun around a lot of gibberish about sick children needing a donation. I aww'd and gave him some money, he gave me a receipt and we both went on our way. I walked about 10m or so and thought "wait a minute, something doesn't sound right..." and when i turned around, the old man was gone. Sure enough, when i got home and searched for the 'charity', it didn't exist.
    I knew there were scammers walking around, but my mind didn't click right away because i've never (been) scammed that way before. I lacked the experience, the danger and the instinct to be wary.

Though while sometimes it's best if you can avoid it without, experience is indeed our best teacher. Unless you die from it.

6. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Kudos for acknowledging it. Understanding your naivety is the first step of growing out of it. Now you need to expand your experiences and keep an open mind about the world around you, being unafraid to say you don't know something if you don't know it.

7. Ptolomaea

Ptolomaea 〘⑉⑈⑉⑉⑆⑆〄⑇⑉⑇⑈⑆〙〘ѠЖ҉۞֎ਆෝ⎭⎛Ⅸ〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Knowing your flaws is the first stage of maturity.
    Now, that you're able to identify your shortcomings. What do you want to do? To change it? Maintain it? Improve?
    I have experience the exact thing same like yours. I felt like I know everything but then one day at work I was scolded; I was really ashamed of myself, I should've done well if I didn't let my pride go. My pride that I know it even though it isn't. Starting from that, I've enjoyed reading, listening to others' experiences and their life. With that, I was able to accumulate the wisdom and knowledge I was so proud of in the past.

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are always alone in the end. True, there maybe people who understand you from another aspect of yourself, but no one will truly understand all of you, because you're alive. You have people to make differences, no matter the size, weight, or form that difference makes.

Rejoice, child of Man that you are alone, because in your lonesomeness; another aspect of yourself desires companionship. Companionship could be anything: familial, mutual, twisted, or an illusion, but fret not, because this proves you are alive and human.

Rejoice, Man for you desire another to take their place beside you in the upcoming days of your end. Fear not loneliness, but ingratitude. Those who will not care to look at you, shall neither partake in your sufferings or pleasures, because you are nonexistent rather than alone.

Rejoice, for there is a friend, a fellow human, a kin who will suffer with you.

You maybe alone in the end but in the journey, you will be accompanied by many who teach you multiple things about life. Granted you do not escape from such an opportunity, then smile silently or not, you will love and be loved.
    Go now, be at peace when you are dead, because you had lived a life worth dying for.

9. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... that's as random as it can get.

10. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    Just take advantage of your naivety to have someone take care of you. Have a backup friend to make sure there always someone there for you :blobokhand:

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    fall asleep.png
    learn to put your pride down
    I'm not smart but also not an idiot
    learn to think from other pov
    that just a trait~ will it stay or disappear all up to you~
    fall asleep.png

12. arcers

arcers New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we do not to be so naive. I had bad experience in donate money to one christian organization