News Happy 1000 Chapters SOTR! & Nintendo Switch, JBL, Razer GIVEAWAY

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by etvolare, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Original post here (I hope this all copies over properly...): https://www.wuxiaworld.com/post/sov...d-chapters-sotr-and-switch-jbl-razer-giveaway

Omg. Where's the confetti? Bring out the fireworks! LET'S HIT A PINATA FOR IT IS THE 1000TH CHAPTERVERSARY FOR SOVEREIGN OF THE THREE REALMS!!

Jiang Chen's Pokemon and old men harem dance par-tay!

First off, a huge THANK YOU for everyone reading this. I got started in November of 2015 and am still here 2.5 years strong, 1000 chapters later! (and a move from the US to Taiwan, TW to US, again US to TW during this time... as well as two other jobs!) This is possible because of you. Readers who comment and speculate how JC's mom will react to his old men harem. Readers who talk up SOTR in NUF and Reddit (hell yeah to every shout out!). Readers who are staunchly anti-pirate. And the super OG readers who followed me when SOTR was neither on volare or WW! Man, I can't believe so much history is here! O_O

As the scene has evolved, reader support is more important than ever. Some of you have asked when my higher tiers would be available in WW's in-house, and they're here today! Support me on Patreon if you just want to add to my tea supply (and I definitely do with all the 2am'ers...) or here on WW if you want advance chapters! And for all readers, I think I made my entire team cry because I kept prodding them for bonus chapters to release today. XD

But wait, what's this about a giveaway? This is a party after all!

[​IMG]

WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
    1. One Nintendo Switch (neon blue and red joy-con) in honor of Jiang Chen's gaming/gambling/betting addiction.
    2. One JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker in honor of JC's first Pokemon, the Bewitching Lotus of Fire and Ice. You can take this out under the scorching sun on the beach and not worry if some young master throws it into the waves.
    3. One Razer Death Adder Elite Mouse (SKT T1 Edition) in honor of my favorite LOL team. Here's to all the times we bet chapters on the outcome of games!
    4. Two 1 month access to Empyrean Realm. That means you will always be 25 chapters ahead of release for an entire month!
    HOW DO I ENTER?
    1. Leave a rating and write a review for SOTR on the NovelUpdates page. Also, add it to your reading list to help SOTR climb the ranks! I am not soliciting positive-only reviews. Write what you'd like! Each SOTR review represents one entry in the giveaway.
    2. If you want another two entries, rate and review my other novel, Return of the Swallow, on the NovelUpdates page as well. That's right! Rating and reviewing ROS will give you two additional entries, but you must do SOTR as well! ROS reviews are add-on only. ROS entries by themselves without SOTR will not be considered.
    3. Email [email protected] with your NU username, date of review, and novel reviewed for verification. Entries will not be considered if any info is missing! Have mercy on my poor staff, Sigil. <3
    4. You will receive an email response unless you send in an ROS only entry. ROS only entries without SOTR will not be considered or responded to. Everyone can have a maximum of three entries (1 SOTR + 2 ROS)
    5. Get those entries in by noon, June 4th GMT+8! That's midnight, June 3rd US EST.
    ETVO I HAVE A QUESTION!
    • How are you choosing the winners?
      • Random number generator <3.
      • Ie. I review both SOTR and ROS, and Sigil reviews only SOTR. Upon successful verification, entry #51, 52, 53 are etvo. Entry #54 is Sigil. Entry #55 is the next reader.
      • After RNG chooses five numbers, I will rank entries based on quality and depth of review. I will not penalize negative reviews. Winner can choose their prizes based on ranking.
      • Ie. RNG chooses #53 and #54. #53 is a single line about how "SOTR is cool. U guys shud read." while #54 goes into a rant of how nonsensical and shallow the relationships in SOTR are. I will most likely rank #54 higher, unless it insults the author or me somehow.
    • I've already reviewed SOTR and/or ROS!
      • No worries! Update your review and send in your entry!
    • I've been stacking chapters to binge read!
      • No problem, giveaway ends in 10 days at noon, June 4th GMT+8! That's midnight, June 3rd US EST. That includes two weekends, and you guys always tell me how you read a chapter in 20 seconds. XDD There's only 80+ chapters out for ROS, so that should go by even faster!
    • It's really hard to ship to my country!
      • Indeed, some places are hard to ship to. We'll work something out!
    Thanks for sticking with me all this time, here's to the next 1000 chapters to come! So much <3 to you all!

<3 etvo

Mandatory text something something about how I reserve the right to change the rules and conditions at any time etcetc.

Ruyi, Blitz, Slayerwolfx2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A thousand chapters now, huh.. I think I might be just a bit behind... :sweating_profusely:

[​IMG]

pinkrainmi, Slayerwolfx2 and Reak like this.
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not over 9000 :LOL:

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  4. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoot, I need 750 more chapters to finish that amount. I could probably finish that in a week if I wasn't taking any classes so RIP.

Reak likes this.
  5. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of when this novel first started, I was worried that not enough people would also like it, and it might be dropped by the translators. Thank you for sticking with this great novel

6. Warnock

Warnock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too lazy to do all that for the prizes, but nonetheless congrats on your 1k!

7. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    XDDD Btw, I apologize in advance for the extra work the mods have to do. I've gotten almost double digit entries so far, which means a lot of reviews are gonna come rolling in. Sigil says that they're coming in almost as soon as people are submitting them, so someone's working overtime behind the scenes!

8. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved the novel but stopped reading it when one of my least favorite plot devices got dropped from above and didnt seem like it would resolve anytime soon.

9. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Congrats on the 1000 milestone. Long time fan. Much success Etvo and co.

etvolare likes this.
  10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's all @Tony. ... We've been pressuring him to delegate that bit of work for a very long time, but Novel Updates isn't structured for it right now and he doesn't see it as a priority.. I mean, he's fine approving all reviews himself and doesn't need the help, apparently, and he's always busy working on other aspects of Novel Updates. So.. every single review that comes in, falls squarely into his lap.

With any luck, you'll help us convince him that this absolutely should be a priority. Work him to death~ :blobokhand:

Carm, Blitz, Slayerwolfx2 and 3 others like this.
  11. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to apologize. We're actually thankful for the exposure :blobokhand:

Grats and good luck with the giveaway!

jackateonetoo, Carm, Ruyi and 4 others like this.
  12. kh_lightning

kh_lightning Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't need anything just release more chapters pls :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ruyi likes this.
  13. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha.png I'm might be there with you West.

14. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh! Much love to the NU team~

15. mimi-dono

mimi-dono Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never two without Three so here I am!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Darn, just how fast did time pass?
    I really should get to rereading it... and I have a lot to reread considering I stopped at about chapter 350~

Hehe, binge read ftw!

17. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll join lol
    upload_2018-5-24_16-5-16.png

Just ten off from 404

Oh, and congrats etvolare~ Just.... 1/2 more to go? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like the prizes but I don't want to read it... too much to read... and I don't remember what happened at all... rip

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Carm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.