Picked Up The Heavily Armoured Noble Girl Monette: How To Break a Curse You Don’t Remember Casting

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by zcorpio, Mar 5, 2018.

1. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Heavily Armoured Noble Girl Monette~How To Break a Curse You Don’t Remember Casting
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3986di/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...w-to-break-a-curse-you-dont-remember-casting/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: The last release was 6 months ago. It's an interesting novel. Comedy and promise.

Description:
    “As if I’d marry an ugly woman like you!”

Monette, a noble daughter of the House of Idira, was hurt deeply by what her fiancé, Prince Alexis, had said.

To rub salt on the wound, her younger sister was then made Alexis’ fiancée instead of her. Unsure just what part of her was ugly, Monette develops a complex… and begins to cover her whole body with iron armour.

And so, Monette researches magic alone in the old castle… until one day, two men come to visit her…

“Monette, break my curse!”

This is a story of Monette, who wears armour from the top of her head to the tip of her toes, Prince Alexis, who suffers under a curse of bad luck that forces him to stick his foot in a bottomless swamp at least once a week, and Percival, a worrywart knight who spoils people when he’s tired. It is a story of their journey as all three of them think respectively:

I’ve got the most common sense here.

Irie and Phonghan like this.
  2. Yurielle

Yurielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Kracko

Kracko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. A history about curses and witches. Who could hate that?
    Not me of course.

4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1. Would like to read more of it

5. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Heavily Armoured Noble Girl Monette: How To Break a Curse You Don’t Remember Casting
    Raw Link: (link)
    NU Link: (link)
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: When I first read the synopsis of this novel, I thought of it as amusing. Now, when I've actually read the seven chapters translated, it really is amusing. I really love the characters, especially the protagonist, Monette; she is such a fun character whose only friend is a spider (Robertson) and his fashionable friend (aka another spider who might be poisonous). I love Percival too, and all the arguments he gets with Monette. I ship them. Anyway, I hope for this novel to be picked up again so I, along with others, be able to explore their journey (that didn't even start yet).
    Description:
    “As if I’d marry an ugly woman like you!”

Monette, a noble daughter of the House of Idira, was hurt deeply by what her fiancé, Prince Alexis, had said.

To rub salt on the wound, her younger sister was then made Alexis’ fiancée instead of her. Unsure just what part of her was ugly, Monette develops a complex… and begins to cover her whole body with iron armour.

And so, Monette researches magic alone in the old castle… until one day, two men come to visit her…

“Monette, break my curse!”

This is a story of Monette, who wears armour from the top of her head to the tip of her toes, Prince Alexis, who suffers under a curse of bad luck that forces him to stick his foot in a bottomless swamp at least once a week, and Percival, a worrywart knight who spoils people when he’s tired. It is a story of their journey as all three of them think respectively:

I’ve got the most common sense here.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Ddraig, Irie, kavinh and 4 others like this.
  6. kariage

kariage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Sounds like a hoot. :)

9. Bunseth168

Bunseth168 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye! I will love it if she could bitch slap that prince

10. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    Also, @Ariahz, we seem to be twinning. I actually almost thought I somehow made this post without remembering because this was a novel I enjoyed that has not been updated in quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
    Ariahz and King0Mik like this.
  11. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, thank you! Sorry for the late reply. Right after I posted this thread I searched up if there were any other requests and only found one, which was that one! That one was posted two months ago, and there still isn't any update on a new translator. I decided to keep this one up in hopes of getting more recognition, but on second thought I should've just posted a reply to that thread instead, huh? I'll keep this one up, but if it's too much of a clutter then I'll take this one down!

It is! :D

Sameeee~ that's why I prefer Percival lol

Oh my gosh, I was actually going through some threads earlier, saw your replies and thought the same thing, like "did I post that?" only to realize that someone simply had the same profile photo as me haha

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
    Irie likes this.
  13. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I'm not too sure but I think u can get a mod to merge the threads if u want(?) instead of taking it down, idk. Honestly I think your reason on why it should get picked up seems more enticing, but if this gets merged then your post wont be on top...

14. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea how the forum works (I've only used NU for a few months) so do you know if there's a mod who's willing to merge this? Sorry for the trouble :sushi_sorry:

Westeller likes this.
  15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. It's way more enticing -- mostly because the OP (after merge) just kind of didn't even give a reason, lol.

But you could just tell him that. @zcorpio is still around, after all.

Gotcha covered.

For future reference, it's only okay to make a duplicate pickup request in extreme circumstances -- E.g. a novel has been repeatedly picked up and dropped, leading to a very confusing mess of a thread, or the last pickup request was posted in, say, early 2016, and it would be insane to bump it now. Altho you could still bump the 2016 thread if you wanted to.

You can bump ANY thread in this subforum that you want to, actually. This is the one of the few subforums where the concept of "necro'ing" (reviving long dead threads) just doesn't apply. Dead for six months? No problem, bump it up!

In fact, if a novel sounds good to you, you SHOULD bump it. Show your enthusiasm!

Irie likes this.
  16. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok~ since I not good at writing, so I didn't write the reason much. :blobtired:

Hope this novel get pick up!

17. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want you could copy pasta @Ariahz 's reason to attract possible pre- er translator :blobsmirk:

18. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thank you so much, I'll take this future reference to note :)

I hope so as well, sorry for the duplicate thread this is!

I don't mind :blobsmirk:

19. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 please pick it up

20. Kari_translations

Kari_translations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds enticing.
    I like cute novels. I'll have to give it a read first.:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    Bookmarked just in case.

Irie likes this.