Question Your Top 5 Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BadDream, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Arifureta
    2. Mushoku tensei
    3. Dungeon defense
    4. Utsuro hako
    5. Overlord

Thats my top 5, but maybe there are some that i forgot. But the most definite is arifureta is my top

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  2. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor Domination
    Long Live Summons
    Death March
    Jikuu Mahou de Isekai to Chikyuu wo
    Release That Witch
    well four top because it's op mc, and i enjoy the story for all of them..that simple..

3. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    • Coiling Dragon (you all know this one)
    • Universe Online (pity it got dropped and author put it on Amazon . It's an original)
    • Tales of Gods. Legend of Vjaira. (original novel, has some BL in it, but you can skip it without losing anything much, for those worried about it.)
    • Cultivation Chat Group (before it got Qidianed)
    • The Zombie Knight Saga (planning on rereading it for the third time, also not about zombies)

4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of the sun knight
    The founder of diabolism
    Cultivation chat group
    Chu Wang fei

5. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    I somehow can’t bring myself to rank these five numerically so even they are listed in an order it’s just random,
    1>> Dungeon Defense
    This was the first novel I read that had a lot of gore and was involved with the dark part of the world. I too had a time when I was naive. It gave me the chills and I couldn’t help but binge read this. This is one of the few novels where I feel the MC gets by with his intellect rather than being OP. The MC:Dantalian is a Demon Lord
    2>>Overlord
    This novel was the first VR novel I read and I really enjoyed it. The MC is relatable and doesn’t lose all signs of having been a normal person just coz of transferring to another world. It’s quite funny to see the high pedestal his subordinates place him on and the way he tries to not disappoint them.the MC: Momonga(Ainz Ooal Gown) is an undead
    3>>Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon
    This MC according to me is the purest character I’ve ever read. Though many people seem to have gotten sick of him. I still enjoy him and this book. Yes I have read into the Xenos arc.The MC: Bell Cranel is Zeus’s grandson.
    4>>The Irregular at Magic High School
    I started this with the anime which caught my eyes when I caught a glimpse of the female lead. And then I got into the novel which really gets into details and well is really heavy. The MC: Tatsuya Shiba has the alias of Maheshwara, god of life and death
    5>>Overgeared
    One of the novels I’m really enjoying reading on a day to day basis. The start is a bit boring and the MC is really annoying! Be patient for a 100 or so chapters. Trust me the Mc gets a lot better! There’s good character development and a unique VR world( and many misunderstandings).The MC: Grid(Shin Youngwoo) is well Overgeared!

There were many firsts there.
    Curse my typing speed!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

6. Perfect

Perfect Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll only list the ones that are complete and worth recommending
    A Step into the Past
    Seikai no Monshou
    Twelve Kingdoms

7. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Overall Favorites:
    - Long Live Summoners
    - Castle of Black Iron
    - Chronicles of a Primordial War
    - Lord Xue Ying
    - Sevens

Original
    - Savage Divinity
    - Heavenward on Golden Wings

Scifi
    - Forty Millenniums of Cultivation
    - Emperor of the Cosmos

Classic
    - A Record of a Mortals Journey to Immortality
    - Spirit Realm

Action
    - Undefeated God of War

Westernized
    - Shen Yin Wang Zhao
    - Age of Adepts

8. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a list, from my personal choice, from a personal impact, kind off . . .
    • Animal Farm (My first 'serious' (which make me thinking a little bit more than usual) novel)
    • Lolita (My first 'classic', i got it free from somewhere. . . . )
    • Mushoku Tensei (My first kind of introduction to the whole LN things, and the one i happened to enjoy)
    • Youjo Senki (while reading for the x time, stumble across Christopher Hitchens vid, read this while hear that, anti-theist intensified)
    • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (My first introduction to Korean web novel, and the first web novel i read)

9. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So, overall my fav will be

Arifureta
    Transcending the nine heavens
    108 maidens of destiny
    Magika no Kenshin
    Cooking with wild games/High School DxD

10. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) Definetly Konosuba(I came for comedy, came out almost dying with laughter)
    2.) Bishoujo wo Jouzu ni Nikubenki ni Suru Houhou(The hiatus novel but still loving to read it.)
    3.) Tate no Yuusha(A reason to get me hooked to reading novels even though i never like reading literature.)
    4.) Everybody else is a Returnee (enjoyed reading it till the end)
    5.) Coiling Dragon(only the CN novel i continue to read until the end.)

11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    My top 5 part 2

I shall seal the heavens
    Unique legend
    Dominions end
    Chen Yue Zhi Yao
    Bu bu Jin xin
    Kill no more

12. Zethuron

Zethuron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overall favorite novels:
    1. The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich : No web-novel or light-novel i have read so far can even compare to this one, the story is just too good, the comedy gets me almost every time, the world is just epic in sheer scope. The main character alone is hilarious, both smart and stupid at once. The other characters are pretty well developed, atleast those that matter in some way. And then you have the club of the Gentlemen's, they all are weird somehow. So many memorable moments from this one and i expect much more to come during the long translation, this will be the only Qidian novel i will make a exception for cause it is just too good.
    2. The Tutorial is Too Hard : Just wow, this novel is a really fun read for me, the growth of the main character as he goes through every floor, clearing the floors by strategy, farming or just sheer overpowering them, while he becomes more and more lonely. The other characters also have gotten my interest,especially the gods, those are comedy gold! The style of having 2 stories ongoing at once, the journey and the outcome after that is just interesting to read for me. The world is also just good, so many mysteries unsolved yet.
    3. The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor : This is just good at what it is, a VRMMO adventure on a grand scale, Weed and his adventures in Royal Road kept me reading for weeks, Just how he solves those problems when they come, his own special way, And then the battles, not all of them are good, but those that are, they are just exciting. The comedy is also fun, but not that good as the action and the adventure in this novel.
    4. The Magus of Genesis : God, i just love reading this one despite it being a slice of life novel, it is so relaxing to read. The way the author wrote this novel really fits it. Not that epic as the other novels above, but for what it is, it is just good at it, The setting of this novel makes it really unique compared to other ones i have read so far, and the author knows how to use that setting in a good way. I just love the way how the MC is like, logical, loving, a researcher of magic and a teacher to his students and the world.
    5. The Girl who Ate a Death God: This, its just a epic journey, yet tragic. The MC is just so simple, she lives, she serves to get eat good food, the author wrote a character trait as simple as that, in a really interesting and tragic way. The view of both sides, how the MC keeps supporting the losing and "bad" side, how that side copes with loss after loss while the kingdom and the army crumbles under incompetence all while the competent characters on the kingdom side try to prevent it. The rebel side is shown as a side of justice, while the kingdom are the main bad, yet both sides have their good and bad traits. And then the MC and her men, no word aside from Death's Cavalry is enough to describe them. Overall this is one of the best written novels i have read so far on this site.
    Ill just input a printed book series here also, that i count as the very best i have ever read. Malazan Books of the Fallen by Steven Erickson. It outclasses all those novels i listed earlier, in just so many ways that i just cannot describe it at all, its just too grand in scale.

13. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperors domination
    Forty millenniums
    Crossing to the future
    Virtual world peerless white emperor
    The strongest system/ ultimate cheating system ( I wanna state both so I stated both )

14. LotusLily

LotusLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In no particular order
    • Cultivation Chat Group - Endless spring of comedy and original adventures
    • The Lazy King - One of the only examples of an OP MC that is not boring
    • Sword Art Online Progressive - Sword Art Online but better with more character and world development
    • Mushoku Tensei - My first large-scale translated novel, so it has a special place in my heart
    • Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka? - Original character with some comedy. Deconstruction of boring formulaic novels
    • To Be A Virtuous Wife - Mostly serious imperial harem romance with a laid back character
    • Even a Cicada Becomes a Dragon If Reborn - Calming and emotion filled life of a cicada turned dragon
    • Sugar Dark - Dark story of a mysterious girl and a grave digger

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  15. Princess Renesmee

Princess Renesmee Cry baby

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read many novels, but these are my favorite with female protagonist:

1) The Rebirth of The Malicious Empress of Millitary Linneage
    2) Princess Weiyoung
    3) Why Not Soar Your Majesty
    4) Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator
    5) Doomsday Wonderland

16. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.Warlock of the Magus World
    2.Release that Witch
    3.Charm of Soul Pets
    4.Tales Of Gods And Demons
    5.The gamer or Otherworldly Evil Monarch

17. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    In order:
    1. Reverend Insanity
    2. Trafford's Trading Club
    3. Apartment for Rent
    4. Overlord
    5. Uhhhhhhh.......Emperor's Domination, maybe?

18. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Now this is rare to see. I've read the manga, a nice read indeed

LotusLily likes this.
  19. Khaossaga

Khaossaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1- Cultivation Chat Group
    2- Way of the Devil