LCD The Godsfall Chronicles

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Carm, Jul 10, 2017.

1. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    the plot so far has dealt more with action adventure and desolation. I am assuming that the dialogues are in some particular dialect or something, fitting the desolate and post apo kind of setting. So, I guess they are kind of fighting each other.

TsukiKun likes this.
  2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, the biggest problems with the story I'm finding are that:

a. The deaths aren't really meaningful. Sure, the author tried to say that after a month of knowing these random people, who beat up the MC, they somehow became the best of friends, but honestly it feels forced and it isn't ever shown to us in a logical way that makes sense.

b. There's also the problem that the MC is getting into too many scenarios where, frankly, he should die. And they've all come one after another. It's gotten to the point where a willful suspension of disbelief is necessary to be able to follow the plot and believe that it's possible, something that is never good for a story.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. That was incredibly obvious. I can't believe neither of the two realized he was a slave trader.

And it seems like it would be smart for the trader to tell them that Cloudhawk and the girl are powerful and thus should be worth more money. Which at least hints towards their identities being revealed. Though, knowing who the MC is, seems more likely it's going to do the generic base infiltration by accident, where they slowly become powerful and discover important info under the antagonist's nose.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the deaths are well handled, back then. Cloudhawk, coming from where he is, should Bond very quickly and thickly with people who help him so. A version of stolkholm syandrome I guess?

As for his life threatening encounters...no less than Harry Potter.
    Yeah...I knew it. But the settlement directly connected to the trio was a shock. As for the trader...will be interestin

5. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. While, there are some elements of his naive desire for relationships, (not that I agree that is is well-handled but maybe not terribly), there is the issue that the deaths didn't feel meaningful in the story. I felt nothing when each of these characters died. I didn't particularly know them well and their deaths just felt blase.

Harry Potter didn't have life-threatening encounters every few days or so. And not just life-threatening, but suffering near-fatal wounds life-threatening. The whole series is spaced out over 7 years, while the current events have take less than 2 months.

I don't know if it was too much of a shock. I'd been considering it as a lesser possibility as well, that the slave trader guy, wasn't a slave trader, but an agent of the trio who was luring them back. It turns out a combination of the two was exactly right.

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I was referring to the plot armor, but oh well.
    As for the deaths...the dog was a dog.

7. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing with plot armor is, you can get away with it and it's not too disruptive as long as it isn't happening too frequently.

Not just the dog, the MC freaked out every time someone died even it was that Cooke guy who we literally were barely introduced too.

MangoGuy likes this.
  8. L611

L611 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this novel being dropped again? I thought it was picked by RWX so i would be a smooth ride. hes was pretty concistent with his previous novels.

9. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh*
    The only reason I'm continuing this novel is because a review said he grows out of his Naive state and become badass
    But honestly this Naive state Is annoying and I hope this doesn't degrade into a harem

Invisalats likes this.
  10. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides the non stop action...by action I mean primarily the mc getting stomped on before pulling a miracle out of his a** or him constantly running away, his naivety is hardly logical or explainable by chapter 40 and yet into chapter 100+ it remains.

It makes everything feel forced and makes me want to switch the mc with literally any other character that has been introduced.

RWX really pulled a fast one with how highly he praised this novel after twenty chapters it was great, after 60 chapters the mc and constant action to drive plot was headache inducing. The reviews say it gets better but between the inconsistent updates and the grind of reading a basically beta Japanese mc in a non Japanese work I'm beginning to wonder how long it'll be before it makes it to the "better" the reviews talk about.

11. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Did someone pick the novel up? thought it was dropped.

12. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    They keep releasing chapters sporadically, last I heard it isn't dropped but then again maybe they announced it with the latest release a few days ago.

13. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea his naive personality is totally unexplainable
    He grew up in the wilderness and the only nice person he met is that old man
    His personality doesnt change at all into chapter 200
    And it continues to be non stop action and betrayal, he grew up in a place with no morals yet he trusts people so easily

14. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh hey, MC got raped. but its cool, its a male MC so its just more funny than anything else.

15. Mithun

Mithun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the first time I'm reading a novel which has reverse rape
    And I'm loving it.

It would have been better if his first time was with Artemis. She truly loved cloudhawk.

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this xianxia or is this fallout in novel form?

17. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both

18. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His attitude has helped him out just enough that investing in those relationships paid off. Woola, Slyfox and Mad Dog (and company), Queen, Artemis, and Hellflower all paid off in spades given that he would have been dead several times over without them. His relationship with Mantis doesn't fit in the same category given that he was never in a position to help Mantis out, but it's pretty clear he treats Mantis as a sort of mentor. If he was more of a prick to Mantis, Mantis probably wouldn't have helped him as much as he did.

Hellflower's recent move on him should probably get him to be less trusting. That kind of act is different from being stabbed in the back over food or gear.

Artemis was too dumb/blunt to get Cloudhawk in bed given he has the dense and innocent protagonist halo going on.... or did until recently.

Hellflower's manipulation of Cloudhawk was pretty much flawless and taught him a valuable lesson while she was at it.

I'm putting a disclaimer here because obviously what Hellflower did was not cool by any standard (but neither are cannibalism, murder, backstabbing, etc., so it's really just about in line with everything else in-universe). But Hellflower is my favorite archetype: cool, calculating, knowledge-seeking, goal-oriented, able to pick things up and put them back down. Sadly for me, that type of character is never the OTP. Once she crosses the mad scientist line, she'll probably die by Cloudhawk's hand or sacrifice herself for him.

19. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Changed Lucia's name to Luciasha just because you need a western sounding excuse for why her nickname was A'sha....I already don't agree with translating names into their literal meanings but this is just bad

20. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I am at v2 chapter 13. This is when cloud hawk and the tartarus squad are watching a town of innocent people being massacred and Claudia Is losing her shit about how immoral it is to kill pious unarmed farmers. Is anyone else confused by this? Cloud hawk met claudia while she was committing genocide on a small town that spent all day and night worshipping the gods in the same way the army is doing right now. Did I miss something and claudia didn't know that town was being massacred last time or is she really just that dumb?