Question Is WDQK worth reading now that its complete?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Osaleh, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Osaleh

Osaleh Nightmare Serpent Bloodline Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Having already read BTTH and been utterly disappointed by the shitty plot is WDQK even worth reading or will it devolve into a bullshit plot that is disgusting to read?

Having said this I would also like to add that I greatly respect the translators of these two works; probably more than the others. Mainly because of how difficult it must be to translate such a bad novel.

So is it worth it?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    WDQK was way worse than BTTH in the beginning at least, I personally couldn't even read 100 chaps without pushing myself, though I heard that supposedly like 1k chapters in it got better or so...

Also there's some added worth to it for those who have or plan to read TGR, since while both BTTH and WDQK's mcs show up in TGR, the plotline from WDQK is more connected to TGR while BTTH doesn't have much in relation to the other novels.

p.s. I haven't read WDQK or TGR myself, so besides the 100ish chaps of WDQK that I've read, this is just what I've heard before.

Osaleh likes this.
  3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to read and expecting a Good novel, then probably shouldn't.
    If you just want to read since you see that it's completed, then sure go for it.

It's your typical Xianxia novel, so read it and judge for yourself.

4. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda typical cn novel so don't expect something new. As Asta already said, if you read TGR then I'd also recommend reading WDQK since they are somewhat connected.

5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I could not read past Ch117. It got too predictable.

Raizhee likes this.
  6. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much... yeah.. I dropped it at around chapter 400ish because it started to get me bored.

7. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    nope....the ending is utter trash...the hype buildup was great.but then it all went to the dogs....and for some reason the last paragraph of the last chapter showed Xiao Yan and 2 ladies (prolly Cai Lin and Fairy Doctor) in the desert....

Osaleh likes this.
  8. omarct

omarct Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Incredibly dull and repetitive the beginning was bearable, but i decided to drop it around ch300 because even though i was casually reading it out of boredom there were better novels to casually read. If you want lots of chapters to read MGA is a much better casual novel.

9. Masuri

Masuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to read something that's long then go ahead. If you want a proper story that's not typical then don't bother with it.

10. missnicegirl

missnicegirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read and dropped it. It's a long novel so if you want something to binge out of boredom then it would be a nice choice to take into consideration.

11. ImmortalIndex

ImmortalIndex Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed it. It definitely seems a little stretched out at times, but I'd recommend it. It plays with reincarnation in a fun way and also uses descriptive words really well. If you're only reading 1 or 2 novels at a time, maybe not, but I read 6-10; so It was on my list and I looked forward to updates. I'll be talking about the ending of it on next week's podcast, but I did a chapter 1 reading and talked about the story without spoilers on the one I taped yesterday. If you click the link in my profile you can watch it and decide if it's something you want to read.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    @Osaleh

I've read about 830 chapters of WDQK. for the first couple of hundred chapters, there are small parts that are great but most of it's the usual drudgery common to novels like this.

Things pick up a bit when he joins the sect in the 630s-640s mainly because the best girl finally makes her appearance. Their interactions are probably the best parts overall in the novel.

Unfortunately, all of that just makes the ending seem even more crap than it is, like a kick in the balls from a T-Rex.

Vali Lucifer and Osaleh like this.
  13. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read a Chinese fantasy novels and you're tried of the shitty plot, then find a new genre to read. If you ask someone who critiques writing and plot etc, of course there is stuff that doesn't fit right, but as a fan of the genre to just enjoy and read... I'd recommend reading it because why not? If it really bugs you so much down the line, just stop reading it then. If you absolutely hated BTTH with a passion then don't read it. It's the same author and basically an extension in the long run of it.

14. thasian

thasian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both WDQK and BTTH are equally bad. The author writes these books to scam you. Btth makes you want to read WDQK. WDQK makes you want to read TGR. Essentially, the author just wants you to read his trilogy. Don't get caught up in the cycle. The plots in the trilogy are so cliche and every fucking treasure scene is always going to have something to do with a group effort.

blablabla12 and Vali Lucifer like this.
  15. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    I read around 800 chapters of WDQK before skimming the rest. The ending was pretty trash so I don't regret not fully reading the rest of it. The fights were absolutely awful. It felt like a turn-based RPG with them exchanging turns each move and one move taking up an entire chapter.

If you're looking for a good cultivation novel I'd look elsewhere (allow me to take this opportunity to shamelessly recommend my favorite Xianxia novel: Grasping Evil).

16. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WDQK is the same arc repeated over and over and over again. All that changes is the location of the arc, the names of the cultivation realm and villains.

blablabla12 and Sabruness like this.
  17. ansxxxx

ansxxxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if i tried to give it a rating it should be 4/10.reading wdqk is very tiring work,author made it harem but when it comes to romance it pretty much nothing.completely dry

18. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    got irritated by the cockroach (the one that crippled his father) then after that its good, but after some chapter it gets super fast

19. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read WDQK till chapter 950 or so, but it wasn't any special. If you like power trips and have time to spare, go ahead. But even as someone who loves power trips, I can't be bothered to finish it.

Whoa whoa don't say all Chinese fantasy have a shitty plot, that's an insult to some of Mao Ni's novels: like Joy of Life or Nightfall. Or novels written by other authors, like Chronicles of the Primordial War, Monarch of Evernight, TTNH, ...

20. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good enough for me

i am at chapter 412 right now and still reading