LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be open to his initial spell just being a beginning of his attempt to break out and after his most recent attempt his spell upgraded to completely sealing off space instead of just being anti scrying. Still need more info to know for sure but it is a good possibility.

And recently could mean a few things. Especially to Gods with a assumably different sense of time. Though i now agree it is likely that before he was hidden and now he is severed.

2. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the idea of kiri kiri being the god of adventure came from the fact that at least on 3 separate occasions Kiri Kiri has shown a response to something and at the exact same time the MC got a message describing the god of adventures feelings which directly mirror Kiri Kiri's emotions. I honestly couldn't tell you which specific chapters those happened in, but i remember making mention of them in the comments when they happened.

3. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I could imagine someone named God of Adventure running Hell Difficulty, it too much of a image gap for our good old God of Adventure to be a bunny girl. And a bunny girl who gets bullied by the mc and treated as a hug toy by archer girl. Unless she says it directly I won't believe it.

4. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is that out of character? The god of slowness is always teasing and bullying the god of adventure.

5. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Well two gods could have a equal relationship and tease each other. Both the mc and girl are below in both ability and status.

6. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than her being the God of Adventure I think her being some kind of Apostle for the god is more likely and her connection to the god is affecting her behaviour.

7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 148, the authors notes have been put up.

Lv1 Slime and Viola like this.
  8. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Kiri Kiri mentioned voting against using the mc's disciple to find out about the 60th floor. I don't see why the gods would let an apostle vote in a decision amongst gods.

Viola and TheHoblit like this.
  9. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well then I dunno.

10. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    time stop ability and a classic isekai? hot damn

11. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    So kiri kiri is mad because of a bet.

And mc shows little reaction to a 25 team floor.

12. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    That part confuses me. Is this stage universal throughout all difficulties and the difficulty is only increased by decreasing the amount of challengers.
    Ie:
    Easy - 25 Challengers
    Normal - 15 Challengers
    Hard - 5 Challengers
    Hell - 1 Challenger

Because if it is anything but that it seems a horrible pointless detail to add just for background.

Just seems a weird setting to me.

13. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    what makes you think this is a universal stage or something like that

all of the stages have been the tutorial taker thrust into a situation and this one happens to be a classic isekai scenario. the other people in the room are added potential allies or enemies that can help him or try to get rid of him to take his glory.

Overclock likes this.
  14. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    He was the only one summoned when this summoning was supposed to summon 25 people. All the other people in the room are inhabitants of this level.

They are in a tizzy about why he is the only one summoned.

So I think this may be a universal stage because of the fact that 25 people were supposed to be summoned. The easier the difficulty the more people that are able to come through. Be they participants from your server or elsewhere.

Plus since Kiri Kiri said this stage is fundamentally different than others I am going out on a limb and thinking it may be more different than it initially seems.

Edit: Plus Kiri Kiri said something about "even with 25 people it would take X amount of time" this makes me think that there is a time or difficulty where 25 people are all summoned

15. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    well Kiri Kiri said "The 25th floor is normal. Even if you gathered the 25 challengers, it would take about 2-3 months. There's no way you can clear it within 33 days," I think this means that the floors story line is that instead of a group, only one person was summoned. and that would also add difficulty. I don't think it is possible to bring in more people, and i don't think it would have a similar floor in the different difficulties as we haven't seen that before anywhere in the story. I think him being solo is just hell difficulty being Hell Difficulty.

also, if this floor did show up in the other difficulties, wouldn't people already be talking about it and their experiences on the chat forum thing?

16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a hell floor room. Its unlikely other difficulties, servers, or dimensions would be involved here. They are surprised only one person came is because its a 25 player floor/setting. They were expecting 25, but got 1. The system just isn't fixing this discrepancy like if you go in with 5 people they expect 5. The original setting this stage is based on probably summoned 25 heros, so being surprised by only 1 person showing up is normal.

17. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be because the demon king will be summoned in 33 days.

18. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the initial floors all had the same premise as I recall but varied greatly in difficulty. So there is a precedence for using the same 'setting' across difficulties.

But that's partly what I mean. Why have the 25 person setting at all if it was always going to be just him. It is an overly useless addition. It makes no sense to add it unless it was functional in one of the difficulties. More people won't come in for hell, but more people would have been summoned the easy the difficulty is.
    That's my hypothesis though I am sure it will never be confirmed nor denied since it is a small detail.

As for him being able to get an idea on it from other difficulties in the chat. He should have been able to but would have likely ignored any of it. Before he said he stopped paying attention to it because too much became different due to the disparity is difficulty. It was better to not go into the stage with false assumptions.

Oh, do you mean that 25 Hell Difficulty players could potentially take part in this level together? So 1 guy is surprising.

I mean I know LHJ is a freak amongst Hell difficulty but being able to compensate for 24 others at his level seems a bit much to me.

Overclock likes this.
  19. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    having the "25 person" setting is not a pointless thing. if the whole kingdom is expecting a large group of hardened adventurous and heroes to be summoned by their legendary hero summoning magic and they only get one guy, it doesn't take much imagination to think up how much harder they are gonna be on that one guy then the expected group. The king will probably trust him less and the others will most likely look down on him for being alone, either thinking him weak for being alone or arrogant for thinking he doesn't need help

also, it isn't possible for it to be a team level in any sense, Kiri Kiri said so herself when she said "The 25th floor is normal." in response to HoJae asking if it was a group level or not, so it has to be that the 25 person expectancy is part of the plot and will play a role with his relationships to the necessary characters.

the level being mentioned on the chat forum is up for debate though, HoJae barely pays attention to it but I don't believe he ignores it all together, other people can have experiences he can't and he does want to know about the other tutorial takers and their progress. he isn't entirely antisocial. He definitely would have seen mention of a group level that transcends the difficulties to all four of them. it would have been pretty important.

20. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess time will tell how much this 25 person thing comes to play besides being a senseless reactionary tool to awe them of his power. If it plays no role then I'd like to assume it plays a role in differing difficulties but if it does play a bigger role... then I guess we'll see lol.