Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really. God of Records isn't really that memorable in the first place. Well, aside from that arc where he ended up dead...and all he did in that arc were to create a training dungeon for Heinz and let himself get killed.

Miaka_Mei and hillo315 like this.
  2. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, I know I was just joking XD, we must remember that its possible that he is so forgetable that author of this story forgot god of records job was supposed to be accessible to van, which showed up once and then vanished for accessible job's(well its likely author has in story explanation why it disappeared but lets ignore it XD)

3. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Incredibly, the job [creator of the magic staff] has also disappeared from the list of jobs Vandalieu can choose.

4. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter...

Van takes a new job, 弦術士 (Thread Manipulator). This is because he recently got the Demon King's Silk Gland...

Van gets a new title: 変身装具の守護聖人 (Patron Saint of Transforming Equipment)

Van's latest stats:
    Vitality: 373,162
    Mana: 14,136,660,622
    Strength: 43,351
    Agility: 39,536
    Stamina: 47,047
    Intelligence: 56,398

Van has an informal tea party booked with the duke tomorrow. Van wandering around the city seems to be Guiding random slaves (I guess they're kinda desperate for change?) and Van's Guidance skills are now up to LV9. Will we see his Guidance skills awaken into some kind of "superior" Guidance skills? That would be pretty freaky.

Anyway, Van meets up with Arthur and co and the message is that the gods who gave three of them divine protection want to meet Van. The three gods pull him into a divine area (or something)... and basically... they want to convert to the Vida faction. Van's really shocked by this - he doesn't know that even gods are being affected by his Guidance.

5. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys think there is any chance there will be an Origin only arc at some point? I was thinking a little bit on how the author might do Van's confrontation with avalon in Origin since it seems like Van will at some point be in conflict with him. While I was thinking about this I thought it would be cool if the author used one of the reincarnators not introduced yet and have that one build what its like in Origin. That way there is more people introduced on the Origin side. It could also show what its like for people who aren't close to Hiroto/Narumi and their family. Maybe have them also come into conflict with Van's alter ego there so we can see how terrifying he is to other people.

I got really bored at work today

6. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I've updated the first page. Was there any new jobs available for Van this time around?

7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    We didn't get a new job list so I presume there was no new jobs.

btw, you want to add Van's list of Demon King fragments to the first page too?

Blood, Horn, Suction cup, Ink sac, Carapace, Scent Gland, Photophore, Blubber, Mandible, Eyeball, Snout, Body Hair, Exoskeleton, Leg Joint, Antenna, Claw, Compound Eyes, Gills, Auxiliary Brain, Protuberance, Veins, Tongue, Lungs, Fins, Venom Gland, Bones, Skin, Orb, Evil Eye, Nerves, Stomach, Membrane, Feathers, Shadow, Tentacles, Scales, Bone Marrow, Fallopian Tube, Silk Gland

8. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend adding that too, since people are more likely to ask at this point in the translated chapters.

Also, about Van making his own eggs using the demon king's fallopian tubes, I think its also probable that Van is just physically creating more clones to use or body spares in a way. If Van is really able to asexually reproduce like that, I would have imagined that there would have been countless Demon Kings to subjugate in the Lambda Gods Vs Otherworld Invaders war.

9. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I think an "Origin only" arc would be unlikely... unless Van / Banda can play a fairly active role.

So far, the Origin plot lines are progressing fairly slowly. I'd expect that to continue for now - it'll take some time for Hiroto's little kid to learn no-attribute magic for example. We might see things start to kick off once Mei becomes three and she has the attribute affinity test.

So presumably at some point Akira will try to kidnap Mei and bump off Hiroto. Whether the events leading directly up to that and the resolution would make a whole arc would depend on how complex the plot is. If it takes 5 chapters for all that it wouldn't make too much sense for it to be a stand-alone arc. If it takes 10-15 chapters but is spread over a number of weeks then it might be mixed with a separate arc on Lambda. If it takes 15 chapters or so and is mostly over quite a short period then it could be its own arc.

I've said this before but Van's motivation for taking action would be quite simple: if no reincarnators die on Origin then they can't bother him on Lambda. In other words, either he needs to try to keep them alive on Lambda or soul break them if they're likely to be a threat and likely to die. Ie I'd expect Van to soul break Akira. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out into the open and tells Hiroto some things about Rodcorte, Lambda and so on to encourage Hiroto not to die and not let any reincarnators die. Also, if Hiroto feels like he owes Van a favour then that would work out for Van long term.

10. Shiraori_

Shiraori_ Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, any raw readers know about how long from now is it that some friendly reincarnated classmates make contact with Van? I see we've got our first batch of non-idiots reincarnated. I want to see some interactions between former acquaintances and the now Cthulhian Nightmare Van who wants not to take over the world and kill everyone like they think, but rather just wants his mommy back and to eat some good food.

11. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is a rather large meet up within 40 chapters or so but I don't remember the exact number. I think story time its two years from current chapters

This is off the top of my head so there is most likely some bad information here. I'll check the raws after I finish the new chapter

Leo William and Shiraori_ like this.
  12. Rowland P.E.S

Rowland P.E.S Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ummm if you could please put kasim party stats too

i expecting this comedian party growth too

13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens right at the start of the 9th arc. A bit under 40 chapters if we include side chapters, etc. As has already been noted, this takes 2 years in-world, though it might not feel that long.

The 8th arc is mostly about Van's new empire and Zakkart's Trial.

I don't believe the author has provided an update.

14. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked around for a bit and can't find the exact part but it should be around the beginning of the ninth arc. There is a side story at the beginning of that arc that is about Rodcorte's divine area so it should be a little after that.

15. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    It starts in the first chapter of the 9th arc: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/221/
    The first line is Kanako saying (to Van) "It seems that you got our letter. Erm, "long time no see", I guess?". Van then replies, "Indeed, it has been a long time, Tsuchiya Kanako-san. Putting aside when I destroyed "Death Scythe", I guess it's been about 10 years? Or rather, since you weren't there when I was killed in the previous world, I guess it's been about 30 years?". The other two lines are from Legion saying "It's been 1 year and a few months for us I guess, but well, that's still plenty enough for it to be "long time no see"." and "I'm happy to meet you again... would be the polite thing to say".

16. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    That was pretty much the only one I didn't click on. I went and skimmed a few chapters at the end of the 8th and a few after the first few of the 9th.

17. silla

silla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like how van-sama suddenly join their conversation before that, quite a moment of horror for the three

18. silla

silla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wasn't it translated as "violator" according to conversation between riclent n zuruwarn?

19. silla

silla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are gufadogan status on chapter 217, stated she is rank 13

20. Azachiel

Azachiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, dumb question from a non-raw reader, who's that?