News I will translate Legend of the Cultivation God if ....

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by abandoned, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abandoned

abandoned Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All done, my Lord.

The most comment on a thread is 400,000++. I am sure a few hundred comments is ok :)

Actually this is a test to see if there is still enough interest for this novel. If it is a success then I will definitely create a website for the translation.
    Haha, spam is same thing repetative over and over. You can just comment as many as you want as long it is not spam. You can comment on the storyline or the translation quality or accuracy. By the way, this is not MTL yeah. Instead of commenting a few hundred posting by yourself, how about asking those whom has the same interest as you towards this novel to comment :)

This is a test using only one chapter to see if there are still lots of interest toward this novel. Every now and then there is new thread requesting this novel. Is there only a handful of die hard fans or it is as many as a few thousand who still keep this novel under their reading list. If this is a success, I will definitely create a webpage for this.

This novel is the first novel that the author had written. And it was only put into "VIP Shelf" after 400++. Normally If the novel was not put on VIP shelf after 100++, it might be considered a failure and the author will axe the story. But not this author, he continued to write on. As for his 2nd book, it has been put into "VIP Shelf" after 100++ chapters. There are new readers and reviews for both his 1st and 2nd novel. As for this author, what is real happiness and success for him? This can only be answered by him.
    As for how much of this novel will be translated by me, I hold no answer for that. I just know for now, let's at least get this one chapter out. Then we plan for next step.

On the contary, I have seen some of the popular novel gets a few hundred comments per chapter and even some not too popular novel can get quite a lots of comment. The trend is set by the readers.

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Missed a couple. :blobcheeky:

3. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    But how many of those who have this novel on the reading list will see that you started translating it if there are no updates in the reading list itself? :sushi_sigh:

4. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, anyone else get the " Muhahahaha I am not going to give this secret manual back to you" vibes. If this was any other chinese novel I would think that would be the case but this is not so I really want the freindship between these two to continue.

5. abandoned

abandoned Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, yeah. Missed a few due to typo mistake as I used the "Replace" function in Words. Also change it for sect name.

6. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    since i really want you to pick this up, and spam is not allowed i have gone deep in search for proof of average number of comments x chapter release:
    Of course i'm not gonna write about every of them, but i got the 5 biggest lcd threads on NU to compare:
    upload_2018-5-26_19-44-45.png

as we can see :
    the first one is TMW with 15736 replies, but the novel have 1439 chapters so we have avg of 10,9 comments per chapter.
    next one:avg of 4,76
    3: avg of 4,18
    4:avg of 18,67; this one is the highest of them all, but is also a jp novel that have longer chapter than normal, and a very good one, i remember reading the with the raws before the translation caught up and posted a lot of spoilers, i recommend to everyone; the name is tsuki ga michibiku isekai douchuu.
    5:avg 5,25.

So yeah; getting 100 comments per lcd on nuf is , impossible :( but is not like i'm not trying, as this post shows ^^.
    So i hope you can keep going and answer as well since it would count as one more post for the novel, haha. sss

Dyne likes this.
  7. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    The thread doesn't seem to be in the top part of the novelupdates main page anymore. This means that it might not get a lot of traction.

8. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have lots of other Chinese novels that I wish I could read...if only I knew Chinese.
    How long does it take to learn from scratch to a readable level?

9. Vlardak1

Vlardak1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am really glad someone decided to translate this novel again, it was one of my favourite back then and i will probably read it from the beginning again if you end up continuing. I wish you the best of luck with this project and thank you very much for your efforts.

10. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why there aren't anymore serious cultivation novels like this one. I mean this is the most serious novel that I have read the most realistic one if you will and that is really refreshing. The other novels that I like are : record of a mortals journey to immortality, Renegade Immortal, Demon's Diary, Great Dao Commander, Heaven's Shadow. All of these are serious cultivation novels. I was thinking in terms of anime and I realized that I liked bleach because it was also kindof serious the soul society arc was really awesome. There was a problem from there onwards because though because of the need for more powerful characters without the mythology not making sense. The series kindof went in a wrong direction after that imo. That is not a problem with cultivation novels however because cultivation doesn't have a limit. I don't know why people don't write more serious fantasy stuff.

11. abandoned

abandoned Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When translating the first 1000 words of chapter 160, whenever I come across idiom, I would try to search the net for english meaning/translation for it. There is this one special idiom that makes me spiral into the internet for quite some times.

The sentence 十步杀一人,千里不留行 (which i translated as Ten Step To Kill A Man, Unrestrained For Thousand Miles) is actually part of a poem named 侠客行 (Ode To Gallantry) by 李白 (Li Bai) about the conduct/behaviour and chivalry/bravery of Martial Artist. Li Bai is a Tang Dynasty poet are always known as a druken poet.

I come across this website which explains about what the meaning of the poem. There is also a full english of the poet.
    http://liao-kang.hxwk.org/2017/03/07/李白《侠客行》歌咏何人?/

and from there I only found out that Li Bai is also someone who knows Martial Arts....which I later was lead astray to read a bit about Li Bai's life story.
    http://www.mariesun.com/pov1/web_SHORT_index_ebook.html

12. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    100 comments lol not really possible, unless you count the comments here that have nothing to do with supporting you as part of the 100

13. Dawngawser

Dawngawser Something something

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually translated some part of 160 some time ago (nearly half a year) but my chinese wasn't that good so it was just barely readable and a lot of the idioms were just literally translated (to the best of my ability)
    You can find it at Dai-Maou Translations.
    Yeah, it sucks.

14. methael

methael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i hope the legend of the cultivation god gets translated at some point :')

15. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

16. Da reader

Da reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good luck

17. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a good idea to give incentives to comment but yeah like others said you might not be able to get 100 comments per part on the thread because NUF might not be a good platform.
    But I've seen on other novel's comment disqus they can get like 60+ comments per chapter though, so i don't think it's impossible.

However I think this novel has mtl version on lnmtl, so the wait for 100 comments per parts? might not be worth it >.<"

Though I appreciate the translation ^^ Keep it up~

18. Nef-i

Nef-i Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pleaseeee:notworthy:

19. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the best cultivation novels, and it seriously needs a TL. Please TL it if you have the time and capability!

20. anon1guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I fear that this has died down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.