Spoiler The Emperor's Strategy

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Yurielle

Yurielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isint there founder of diabolism anime coming out too

2. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep on July 9

3. solowars

solowars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the animation isn't really following the story of the main book that closely... there is no mention of ML wearing the headpiece at all. For Shen Qian Fang, he's a general that works for MC and kinda only appears more in the first half of the story. He has an older brother called Shen Qian Feng who is the head of the pugilist world and married to Ye Jin (their story is in Everywhere in Jianghu, as a side CP). I'm thinking the animation might have combined the roles of the brothers to cut down on the cast, or else just chose not to introduce Shen Qian Feng.

Not really impressed by how the animation is dealing with the story right now, it's confusing to me too and I've read the entire thing...

4. LylaxMytho

LylaxMytho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me the link to read it?

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Just google the Chinese name, it’s on the first page

6. JinseihaBangumi

JinseihaBangumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we spoil on ? ^^
    Please can you spoil me about the proposal and their night together!!!!!!??

ps you can watch the anime untilnep 7 on vimeo subbed :):):) as I dont know Chinese and the plot goes very slow with a 15 min ep every week, I've come here to get crazy about this story!!!! let's discuss! ^^

7. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen the trailers. Looks great, hope it won't get postponed.

8. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    it is already out! see my comment above! Hope we can fangirl about it together soon ^^ kyaaaaaaaaaaa

9. glaceon_cute

glaceon_cute Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have been reading the novel since the anime starts broadcasting. I never read a BL Chinese novel before but the anime and the summary intrigued me so much, since it's politic lol.

This novel surprises me in many ways, not just because the politic plot actually receives lots of focus, but also how the main plot smoothly interwines with the bitter-sweet romance. The joke is also great, it never feels too tragic or feels too humourous. After reading hundred of bland yaoi, I really appreciate just a well-developed plot and romance.

Since the novel does not rely on sex scene, I'm sure the animation will do find with just the kissing. Although the sex scene in the story all are vague and sweet, I do enjoy the soft interaction between them more.

Really long spoiler. Mostly just my opinion.

"That's why they both have been running away from love, but sadly, love is not something you can avoid forever.

It's fine like this, but can forever only be like this...."

For sure, Baiyue is my most favorite "seme". This book makes me read all the other 4 books that are in the same series of this one, and now I can say for sure Baiyue is even the most perfect seme in her entire series, lmao. He loves Yuan since they were around 10, and continues to love him without wanting to receive anything back. Baiyue helps Yuan to rule the kingdom in darkness, was called "traitor" by every citizens, clearly shows his love to Yuan but also afraids to take a step forward in the relationship, because he knows how important the country is to Yuan. Baiyue steps forward and then backwards, everything is initiated by Yuan from the kiss to first time on bed, the promise of marriage.

Just to make it clear, this story is not about Chu Yuan realizes his love and returns Baiyue's love, but a story about how they both can have the courage to think of the future where they can be together. Chu Yuan loves Baiyue since the beginning and the same for Baiyue. Even if none of this stuff in the book happen, they will still love each other but only dare to look from far away, only think of being together when they are 40, 50 years old.

Baiyue is not afraid of loving but he thinks too much for Yuan and forgets himself, only focus on what makes Yuan happy even when he knows he may die. I cried so many times at when they have to separate dues to the poison in Baiyue, and when Baiyue's blood becomes poison and his face is destroyed that he decides to avoid Yuan.

"If I can wait 3 years then I can wait 30 years. If he wants to hide his whole life then I will wait for him my whole life. Who dies first will be the winner." - Yuan

Baiyue has gone through a lot for Yuan. The story focuses on Baiyue a lot so we may not feel anything for Yuan. However, Yuan appears frequently in other series and through them, we understand how cold Yuan can be to others as a king (which makes Yuan in the Emperor Strategy more pitiful and cute). You only understand how cruel Baiyue's decision is in their separation after knowing Yuan in other stories. Yuan is alone, no one honest to him beside his brother (who hated him at first), constantly being betrayed, constantly think of strategy to fight other countries who want to dominate the kingdom. Yuan has to depend on sleeping drugs to sleep, can't eat most of the time. Only when with Baiyue, Yuan can smile. Everytime Baiyue makes joke, buy food, sleep beside to pat Yuan's back, Yuan feels he can throw away all the burden as a king.

"The kingdom is my responsibility, but you are my concern."

I really love Yuan more than other "uke". He is portrayed as "cold, smart, lonely, and ambitious" king in other books, but here he shows a delicate side to no one but Baiyue. Even when he is sad and extremely painful to the point he hurts himself by drinking when injured (just to lure Baiyue out because Baiyue refuses to see him), he never shows anger outside of his face. He is strong enough to protect himself, smart enough to realize their love, and never gives out the feeling of him being dominated by Baiyue, lol.

After more than 20 years, they can finally marry and you dont know how happy I am for them at the end of the story...

"If it needs 5 years more, then I will come bach to the palace and wait for 5 years. If 5 years later, some thing happens again, then I will another 10 years, 20 years, 30 years. If he wants to hide in the ice cave his whole life, then I will wait my whole life. But is it must be this way?"

When Baiyue knows that Chu Yuan wants to find medicine for Baiyue by attacking another country:

"He thinks that, just a look, just a smile from the other person is enough as a return for him.

After so many years of love, he never thinks of what if, the person who loves so deeply is not only him..."

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  10. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    His brother did not hate him afterwards? and why did his older brother not become the emperor despite being crown Prince? How come chu yuan became emperor?

11. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    aaaaaah thank you so much for spoiling on for me, I#m so much in love with this couple!! It's really sad, however, that they have to be seperated most of the time! Can you tell me in detail about: "First kiss and First time in Bed and Marriage proposal"? When does it happen, what are they saying. You are great!!! Thank you sooo much!!!! Baiyue is also my favourite seme!!!

12. glaceon_cute

Reading List:
    Link
    This is all mostly from the other books, which is kinda a shame because only from others we get to know Chu Yuan (in a different perspective)

More like "didn't have attachment", Ye Jin (Chu Yuan's ninth brother and the master doctor) is the son of a slow status woman, who was sent to cold palace right after Ye Jin was born. As the last one in the line, Ye Jin did not care about the throne and was bullied by other princes. Chu Yuan was also one of those who bullied him (though not clear) when they were around 6 or 7. Ye Jin was sent to his shifu shortly after his mom died, when he was still young, and went out of the palace and changed his name.

In the story, Chu Yuan was saved by Ye Jin. Yuan is not an ungrateful person, and he at this time is really lonely and desire for brotherly relationship. Yuan tried to get Ye Jin come back to the palace but Ye Jin doesn't like it since he likes freedom. Slowly, Ye Jin starts to care about Yuan's health and Yuan, know that Jin isn't interested in the throne, also cares a lot about Jin. At one point, seeing how lonely and suffering Yuan is as a King, Ye Jin suggested Yuan to take in a wife but Yuan refused, saying he will find someone that also belonged to Chu bloodline to take a throne over later. Hearing that, Jin asked:

"Then why bothering become Emperor in the first place?"

Which Yuan just smiled and replied: "it's either dead or becoming emperor. I don't want to die, so I had to win."

Yuan gave up on wanting to take Ye Jin to the palace, because he "didn't want Ye Jin to hate him" (Jin always shudder when seeing how cold Yuan is in some situations). Jin said Yuan is a good emperor and a good brother, and he doesn't hate him

There was one rare conversation I really like from Jin and Yuan, showing both sides of Yuan. It happens when Jin realizes Yuan is keeping the monk just because he is useful, despite knowing the monk's special feeling to Yuan.

"Is there anyone that you won't take advance of?"
    "Of course, Dual Dao...and you."
    "How about Dual Baiyue?"
    "Not in the future...but, I did use him."

The guilt that Yuan holds is a constant theme in the story, which makes Baiyue says "If I volunteer to do for you out of love, and you also love me, that is not taking advance"

Chu Yuan is the second prince, but is more talented than the first prince so he was always the favorite child of the queen and the king. After a certain incident happens, the first prince was exbelled to an island. We don't know what that incident is, but according to Jin, there is a rumour that Yuan was the one suggesting the King to expel the brother. Although even if the brother wasnt get expelled, Yuan would still become the Emperor.

This is the same for other brothers. We never get to know how they disappear or died. Ye Jin only said it must be Yuan who did something to them after he become emperor. The other brother's dead we know is the one Yuan tells Baiyue to kill and made it look like he falls off the cliff.

Although this shows how cold Yuan can be to his own family, but the entire book did show that, if Yuan even has a soft heart for one moment, his brother would bite him back.

Sameeee! I'm actually salty for them when reading other books the other couples were happy and here they are. There was a new year scene appears in 3 books, you can see other couples are happily watching firework but Baiyue was in the South, looking at the North direction and Yuan was in the North, looking at the plum tree....

Anw, spoiler, not in a really great detail but I will try. I don't really know how to translation lol lol

This happens in Dali city before Baiyue has to stay in the ice cave for 3 years, at this point Baiyue hid everything from Yuan, just said he got the medicine and has to be away for 3 years.

They are in a motel to watch the light festival (where people leave lanterns to float on the water). Looking at normal people having fun and standing in a normal house makes Yuan's desire to live as normal person with Baiyue let out.

"What's wrong?", Baiyue asked as Chu Yuan becomes silent.

Suddenly, Chu Yuan places his hands on Baiyue's cheeks, closes his eyes and slowly place his lips on Baiyue's.

The feeling is too real. In Baiyue's head, something seems to fall and break. He is surprised for a while, then also holds tightly the other's person waist, kisses deeply.

After so many years keeping a vague boundary between, he doesn't think that one day, this person will take a first step to get close...."

First time on bed is in 10 days before Baiyue going to the ice cave. Also Chu Yuan initiates it by kissing, sitting on Baiyue. Baiyue refused at first, said that Yuan should sleep since he has been sleeping throughly.

"Why? You are scared that you won't survive after that because of poison? I'm scared too"

Baiyue falls silent.

"I don't know how much you are hiding from me. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine. If you can survive, three years is not long, the promise of 20 years is still here. The boundary may have been peaceful at that time. After you come out, I will find someone to take over the throne."

...."If you can't, at least we have these 10 days."

Then they go on doing the first time. It's actually really painful converstation because it is more like a farewell, especially when Baiyue knows he won't see Yuan anymore if he practises the evil material arts.

"If I don't survive. Forget these 10 days. Become a great emperor."

For the marriage proposal, I dont really remember but it is before they fight the great final battle (and then Baiyue falls down to the sea and missing for 1 month.....)

"After winning this battle. Let's marry. Not silently living together after I leave the throne, but officially marry as an emperor and a queen."

And they did, lol. It was really funny when everyone see Yuan suddenly holding hands with Baiyue in the palace.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  13. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    So good amazing...... Why only 2 chapters translated :(

14. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link

glaceon-cute: you are the best!!!! Don't worry about translation errors, I get the meaning of what you are writing! They are so bitter-sweet, those too.... I'm a bit worried since you mentioned Yuan was so cold as an emperor and also bullied his little brother even though he always appears very soft and good-natured. He himself was being bullied by his brother, so why would he do that to poor Je Jin?? And also that he killed off the other brothers just like that. Thats not okay! But maybe, his own life was at danger at the time so he had to do it?

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!:cry: that's soooo............
    Who's gonna be the queen lol? ^^ How old are they, when they marry?
    Is Yuan wearing a dress, I so do want to see their marriage in the anime!!! Can't wait!!!

kyaaaa!!! Wanna have those 10 days animated right now hahaha.:D:ROFLMAO::whistle:
    However, as you said, it sounds really painful... is it described how they wake up together? goood I just need them to be happy or I can't live my own life! lol

ps. Do they ever call themselves other than "Xinan Wang" or Yuan Chu" in the novel, like Bayiue or Yuan only? btw what's their first name? sorry I'm asking so many questions I'm just sooo excited!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  15. glaceon_cute

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that before this book was released, readers of previous books don't like Chu Yuan, and that this book "has erased all negative thoughts" on Chu Yuan. Can't say Yuan is totally white, but he is not black either. He cares and treat people who have cared and helped him well, but never show a slightest mercy on anyone who dare to hurt his country, his citizens, and his precious people. Maybe the other brother have tried to kill him so Yuan has to kill them? We don't know. But for sure, Yuan doesn't touch anyone who doesn't threaten him like Ye Jin, also a missing princess (Yuan's father wants her to marry Baiyue but Yuan helps her escape from the palace with her lover, lol).

Like Ye Jin has said: "Anyone can be kind, but an emperor like him can't".

LOL LOL technically it's Yuan since he is the bottom but on outside, it's Baiyue. It's funny because everyone treats Baiyue like a queen in the palace, Yuan even trolls Baiyue a lot (let Baiyue bath in flower petals, use flowery carriage that covers the face of the queen, etc), which makes Baiyue run away to sit on the roof top. Nah, they both wear male clothes. Me too, but I guess we have to wait for ss 2 to get to the marriage. Hmm when they marry, Baiyue is over 30 already. Lol there are lots of timeskip (most of the things happen during timeskip are in other books). So, the book starts when Baiyue is around 23-24 and ends with him over 30, 10 years....

I HOPE THEY AT LEAST HINTED IT, not completely throw that scene away!? I feel like it will be less painful and meaning if Baiyue and Yuan didn't talk and did that at the same time =)))) The first time is really important to them because that is the first time they actually let all the burden as "Emperor" and "King" down.

After midnight, Baiyue calls servants to bring hot water and dry towels, he cleans Chu Yuan's body, then put on a nightgown for him.

Chu Yuan's eyes are all red, he frowns slightly, looking extremely tired.

Baiyue lies down beside Chu Yuan, places his hands on Chu Yuan's forehead to test the temperature, and pulls Chu Yuan's wrist towards himself to feel the pulse.

Chu Yuan opens his eyes.

Baiyue asks: "Feel unpleasant?"

Chu Yuan nods.

Baiyue hugs him in his chest and says, "Sleep one night and you will be okay."

Yuan laughs: "What kind of doctor you are?"

"I am not a doctor, too." Baiyue says, "I'm your hus....uhm."

"Tired." Chu Yuan pulls back his hand, voice is a little husky.

"Of course you will be tired." Baiyue says, "No more joking, sleep."

Chu Yuan closes his eyes and sleeps.

But Baiyue's eyes are completely open.

The palm of his hand patting on Chu Yuan's back, his mind right now is in chaos.

Loving so many years, but never thought about what he really wants to do, feels that as long as he can help him to protect the kingdom, it is good enough. It is not that he does not want to do anything, it's just that he knows because of the worm inside, he won't have much time to live. Practicing [material art's name] is like dying. Becoming half-demon half-human, no temperature, no heartbeat, fierce look, even blood is poisonous. That way, the worm would die, but his body would also be destroyed more than half.

If it turns out to be like that, just as master said, leaving now is also farewell, but...he really doesn't want it.

Even if he had to bleed all his blood, he still doesn't want to leave this person for a second.

He thinks, maybe just be selfish for once is okay.

Beiyue's eyes suddenly go red, hugging Chu Yuan tightly in the chest.

No one knows whether Tian Chen Sha exists or not. It's fortunate that there is still a short time left to find it. If he really can not find it, then the only way is to practise that material art, after practice, leave the Southwest country to Dual Dao, then himself goes to Dali city, finds a dark corner where there is no sun, day after day looks over Chu Yuan.

No one wants to turn into a monster, but just live to be able to see him from afar is good enough.

Baiyue kisses Chu Yuan's neck.

After so many years holding on this love, guess it's time to ttry to let go.

I hope I can find a time to quote some parts when Chu Yuan chasing after Baiyue too. That part is painful as hell but I really love how strong Chu Yuan is.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  16. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: they are so intimate with each other, I like that! Why are Chu Yuan's eyes red (from crying or did he have a cold?) I imagine how this first time was so important to them. But I guess from what you are saying, there is more than one explicit (or hinting) scene ^^????

Do they call each other Yuan and Duan or have other names than Xinan Wang etc?

I have to say, you really are brightening my day, :):aww:I've kept thinking about this them all week, but not knowing any Chinese, of course I can't read the novel. However, the more I learn from you, the more I feel at ease.

Btw, do other's know that they love each other? I guess "shifu" knows first ^^, then Je Jin? The monk?

This would be awesome! Though, I'm also scared of heartbreak! looool that's why I am into Yaoi! I projected my own love life hahahha

Food food and alexfilia like this.
  17. glaceon_cute

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I don't know why the eyes get red. The author always describe people in sex scene as "having red eyes" and "husky voice, has a fever after". I guess they would cry when doing that I don't know??? =))))) And yeah, they will do like...a lot when they are together to fight in the final war LOL. All are not really explicit though.

Yuan only calls Baiyue as Duan Baiyue, Xinan Wang is Baiyue's status so Yuan only uses that in front of people or when he is angry, wanting Baiyue to listen to him. Baiyue rarely calls Chu Yuan by name but "Little Yuan" (cuteeeee). Of couse in front of people, Baiyue calls Yuan "Your Majesty".

I really like this one so I want to share about it XD! Great to hear you like it.

Yeah shifu knows first, then Duan Dao, Baiyue's family, Baiyue's friend, Ye Jin. Yuan and Baiyue still hide their love until more than half of the book, after Yuan tells the proposal because he feels like he doesn't need to hide it anymore, that he is now strong and no one can defy him even if he marries a man now.

18. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    aaaaaawwww Yuan chaaaaaan!!!! :sushi_singing:I wanna dissolve into fantasy! who needs reality if this story is so perfect!
    This story even made me interested into China and China's history, I've been living in Japan for a couple of years now learning Japanese but the Chinese language has such a nice and soft sound that I become more and more interested in it. However, I think it's the most difficult language to learn, esp. with so many Kanji, I admire you!

And yeah, please share about it, I think everyone reading here in this forum will be grateful for your efforts. This is also the only forum with spoilers about this novel I could find in English on the whole net.

Btw I'm also interested in Ye Jin's story, I've heard, he is gonna marry the chief of martial arts or sth like that. I forgot the name. If you have time/or like to, I would be grateful if you could spoil about them too.

I imagine that they or at least Yuan Chu cried a lot while doing it or after because he's also scared of not seeing Baiyue again and as he's pretty smart, I think he knows, he's hiding somethiing in front him in order to not hurt him or in order to go through with his plan just being barely alive protecting Yuan from afar which Yuan himself might otherwise never allow... aaaw it's so tragical and good-story writing.

19. solowars

solowars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this novel because it's a pretty realistic setting of how ancient China worked (having feudal kings, each major battle taking months and years, court politics), and the author does a good job of not making it super dry and boring with the political bits.

At the start of this book (or somewhere near the beginning), Ye Jin was already married to Shen Qian Feng, the brother of Shen Qian Fan. Their story is all in the author's previous two books, Everywhere in Jianghu is Wonderful and its direct sequel, which can probably be translated to Everywhere in Jianghu there's Tyrants (江湖遍地是土). I haven't read these, but I know they're only the side CP in both books. They do appear together in this book, near the end though:

There's a big naval battle against Chu Yuan's brother (who was plotting a rebellion) near the end, and Ye Jin joins Duan Bai Yue and Chu Yuan because he's a tsun and worried about his brother even if he refuses to admit it. Shen Qian Feng is the chief the the martial arts world, and also the head of a sect that is loyal to the Emperor, so he joins them for the battle too. The Chu brothers are very protective of each other, so at this point in time Ye Jin refuses to acknowledge Duan Bai Yue and keeps threatening to castrate him, and calls him a baldy lecher. Shen Qian Feng ends up intervening alot by "distracting" Shen Qian Feng and it's pretty funny because Ye Jin is super-irritable when he sees his brother and Duan Bai Yue together and Shen Qian Feng is the ever-suffering husband. I did read a little of Everywhere in Jianghu is Wonderful, but the main character Shen Qian Ling (youngest brother in the Shen family) kind of put me off after the first 20 chapters...

Fun fact: the Chinese fandom calls Duan Bai Yue 大白 (Big White), and he was apparently really popular in Everywhere in Jianghu even though he only had a few lines. They call Chu Yuan 奶渊 (Milk Yuan) - milk as in he's still a baby LOL.

Yaoilover-89, Ease and alexfilia like this.
  20. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm having fun watching this donghua, and am interested in reading the original novel! I'm always a sucker for fantasy + political intrigue :p

However, I was somewhat confused: people have mentioned before that Emperor's Strategy is the 4th book in a series. Is it okay to directly start with Emperor's Strategy, or will my experience be improved if I try another book out first?