LCD Mechanical God Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Morvian, Aug 21, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would Dephilia look down on him for risking his faction for two women simply because they were members of his harem? No GW should have a positive feeling about something like that, especially not one that's likely to die if he does thanks to the nanobots.

Joanna and the dark elves are even less comprehensible. Dark elves would happily kill their closest relatives for political gain, much less their slaves. Well, unless they were just faking it.

I hope he remembers to booby trap all the fortifications he's leaving behind in the Hellion City.

Why did the Merton Marquisdom get involved? When a giant passes by on his way to slay other giants, ants who want to live hide deep beneath the ground. It's not like the college was going to send them help even if the battle hadn't ended instantly after all. Nor was there any reason to think that someone that could defy all the great powers would spare them. Even if they were afraid of the college's retaliation, that just means that they should flee.

I wonder if the MC ever got round to building more portable fortresses. There's really no reason for him not to, and having one that he can actually deploy on the battlefield would be very useful. If for no other reason than that it would allow him to process loot into troops faster.

The problem was more the 'obscure' than the 'nazi' really. Even if it was just German, it would still be a word that most English speakers wouldn't know.

2. jacha

jacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The marquisdom. with antalya pressing a blade against their backs, would they have any other choice?

yeah, you're right. but a lot of translator's use words which are which are quite unknown, and i believe i've also seen lebensraum somewhere. so i don't see any problems here

3. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am pretty sure yang fen has something nasty prepared just for aldritch, after all wasn't one of the corpses from rose garden of the same bloodline he uses to cultivate in?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I said they should flee. Best case scenario, whoever wins won't care enough to bother hunting them down. Worst case scenario, they all die. Since participating in such a battle 100% guarantees that they all die, there's really no reason to not run away and hope for the best.

Generally, those words, while obscure, uncommon and only technically correct, are at least English, but even then, I disagree with their use. I tend to think of the goal of translating is to convey the meaning of the original work to people with an average level of proficiency in the language to which it is being translated. So, when translations include things like "san" in an originally Korean work (or the Korean equivalent, without a TN), or "consecution" (technically English, but unless you read Valhalla Saga or your hobby is obscure English vocabulary, I bet you've never heard of it), or "lebensraum," which isn't the original language, the target language, or even common knowledge that a reasonable person could expect the majority of readers to know, it degrades the quality of that translation.

Still, it's not the end of the world or anything. It's very unlikely that it'll even come up again in the story.

jacha likes this.
  5. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    is such a bummer that there will only be a chapter per week now

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Golden Sand has nuclear weapons buried under it too.

I'm also wondering why the MC thinks that the two women are still alive. Even if they are, any intelligent enemy would have booby trapped them both to somehow kill him if he managed to get them back.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he planned to deal with it if the explosions accidentally killed the girls too. Also curious how he plans to deal with the enemy reinforcements that should still be on their way, or if he's betting on all of them backing off now that the college is basically destroyed.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why stab his abdomen? Stabbing his heart or, if the weapon was long enough, up through the jaw and into the brain, or even just a good ol' fashion throat slitting, would all kill him much more quickly. Heck, there's no reason why she couldn't have just slit his throat and then stabbed him through the heart/brain.

Why didn't Aldrich flee? It's been stated numerous times that it's practically impossible to stop a GW from fleeing if s/he wants to.

Also, while I understand that Aldrich had to die for the crime of being male, it would have been better if Eunice had simply taken him in as her personal slave and made the remainder of his very long life a living hell.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if anyone's offered up their sons to be his concubines too. You never know, he could swing both ways and it just hasn't come up yet... ;)

Of course, if anyone actually did do that, he'd probably kill them and their entire clan. I'd be seriously shocked if the person who writes this series wasn't homophobic on top of his other issues.

jacha likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect that both of them could have stayed in longer had there been any power left in the pool. I wonder if she'll notice that the pool that should have lasted thirty people 2-3 days, only lasted 2-3 people ~3 days.

Also wondering if that woman they sent to help Jessica will wind up trying to sabotage and/or replace her instead.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd think that they'd have taken more precautions against this type of betrayal. It was very easy to see coming and they had centuries to prepare for it.

12. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    the cultivation methods they have been using has been influencing their minds in order to think that as long they become great warlocks any sacrifice is worth, not only those were also flawed so they would never be able to become great warlocks on their own, the whole thing has been going since the foundation of the eyes of justice, so unless they discover it at the start they couldnt do anything to stop it

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if there's any leader of a major power that would be stupid enough to fall into this trap.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the plane itself prevents gods from existing, then why did Yang Feng even need to show up? Is he hoping to catch some kindred/vampires or what?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why I thought he might actually only take one spark and distribute the other two. It would be totally out of character for him.

Won't having a divine spark make him a target for anyone and everyone he meets from now on? It seems like more trouble than its worth if its primary value is in life extension. He can already live forever after all.

That aside, I wonder if he'll need to start building churches to himself now, how powerful his worshipers can be relative to him, and how long he'll wait until forcing the dark elves to convert to his religion.

It honestly would have been more interesting if he'd been able to retreat and formulate a plan. As it is now, he'll just have to pull a victory out of his a** using his colossal plot armor.

A bit off topic, but couldn't the priest types just go to another plane to achieve demi-godhood? So long as it was one loyal to their goddess, it should be relatively safe, and much easier than tricking someone else into pursuing godhood.

jacha likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll lose the black dragon golem in this fight. Also wondering if winning this fight will actually be enough. That's not Cartman's real body after all.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, now that he's deployed the level 1 fortresses, he really needs to focus on developing the level 2 fortress. It's important to have a trump card that no one knows about after all.

I wonder if anyone will take the chance to attack him or his holdings.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he's not trying to control Cartman with that. There's no way Cartman wouldn't be willing to discard the body in order to avoid humiliation. If, on the other hand, he did it so that he and his can leave far away before the nanobots kill Cartman, then that would be quite a good idea.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Life Embodiment Bead. This bead looks just like the green bead I obtained in the Gloom Cave’s base.” Isn't this a bit too lucky? He didn't even have to work for it at all. I'd have preferred it if his cheat allowed him to make a golem that performed the same function after a few decades of research or something. At least that would have felt a bit less Deus Ex Machina.

If he abandons his current cultivation, then what is he supposed to use instead? I doubt any of the other methods available on the subcontinent would be any better, and there's no reason for Kongfang Ao to provide him with a better method, nor any reason for him to trust such a method if it were provided.

So, if he creates a new god, tosses it at another plane, and it doesn't die, then what? Is it then his clone that he can control like a puppet whenever he visits that plane? Or will it want to kill him and absorb his cultivation or whatever?

Also, why did that guy call the divine sparks good stuff if they had such inescapable and utterly fatal side effects?

It sounds like the author is preparing for the MC to leave the subcontinent, but honestly, that feels like a mistake. He should fully conquer the current continent and everything beneath it. Then advance his cheat's level as much as the resources there allow over the course of the next decade or so, which should also be enough time to analyze every treasure the continent has to offer, including that demon's blood. Only then should he establish contact with the mainland and see about peacefully setting up a base there with a teleportation gate/formation/whatever to the subcontinent.

If he goes about things carefully and doesn't piss everyone off like we all know he will, then he could hit Warlock Emperor without having to shed another drop of blood. After all, the medicines he's capable of mass producing both now and in the future are worth more than enough for him to peacefully acquire whatever his heart desires. He'd only need to have enough strength and prudence to keep the various powers from getting too greedy.

I wonder why there was such a gap in the translations.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll ever be forced to cast a divine spell while he doesn't have a crown handy, or if his activities will ever attract Lolth's attention while he's pretending to be her priest. In the latter case, I'm curious if she'll actually care. Depending on what he's doing with her power, I'm not sure that she would.

Also wondering if he'll hurry up and conquer the subcontinent and get the ball rolling on conquering the Underworld before it's time to leave. After all, having a secure base to fall back to is never a bad idea, and I'm sure he'll develop teleportation or something latter if he hasn't already.

Also curious who he'll bring with him. I assume he'll bring his entire harem, but will he also bring the Fernando family and the various Great Warlocks he's enslaved? And what about his army? Bringing all of it would be a bad idea if he wants to maintain his control over the subcontinent.

Actually, can he control his clone from the main continent? If so, then it'd be a great idea to just leave everyone behind except the girl that hatched from the egg. That way, he could just mine the sect for information, transmit that info back to the subcontinent, and train up an army of loyal super-slaves that could be brought over at a moment's notice once he develops a method for mass long-range teleportation. Though, that would fall under the heading of keeping a low profile, which this MC sucks at. It would also require him to figure out a way to avoid or escape the sect's vow of secrecy, but I'm sure that will be a minor barrier at best.

Anyone want to bet on how long it'll take him to turn the that sect he's planning to join against him?