Threat at My School

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Serra, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    You fall into the trap of generalising a whole nation by elevating just a few isolated cases as the norm, any nation is larger than the few that get singled out. They are folk just like yours, only do things differently. At the core, we are all the same.

Azure and Deleted member 32451 like this.
  2. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    No, we've had the 2nd Amendment since the days of the Founding Fathers, only 2 years after the ratification of the Constitution, however the purpose you quoted is correct. We have the right to bare arms and to form militias in order to prevent government tyranny. The 2nd amendment was made because the Founding Fathers of America were revolutionaries themselves who had to fight for their freedom from the oppressive British Empire. Knowing their histories, they instituted multiple methods to prevent tyranny, and, in the event of its inevitable rise, to overthrow said tyranny if necessary. The most principal of which being our freedom of speech, and then freedom to own weapons and defend oneself being the necessary followup to preserve that right to free speech. The fact that the Founding Fathers came into power and then immediately put into place policies and protections of human rights that would enable to populace to overthrow them is part of the reason the Founding Fathers are so revered in this country.

I can draw parallels to other western nations that claimed to have Freedom of Speech yet disarmed their citizens, and point out exactly how long said "freedom" lasted, however in the interest of avoiding politics, I'll digress. The larger point is, if you have a "right," but you don't have the right to protect it, you do not have a right, you have an allowance the government has afforded you. That is fundamentally not the same thing.

3. SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam A sports, games, novels fanatic.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sad how some kids may never come home from school one day.

4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Its because of their constitutionional for free firearms that brought them this situation. Its fine if they could at least be someone that knows how firearms work but... Even a baby can weild a gun in that state. I already imagine some psychotic person just walks up in a gun store and orders a gun for self-protection but instead uses that gun to shoot his old school for not protecting him when he got bullied. Prevention is better than a cure, not a gun is better than cure.

5. Deleted member 32451

Deleted member 32451 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You clearly do not know what people need to go through to get a gun in the US...

Das and MutsuKata like this.
  6. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    A gun is just a tool. The gun itself does nothing without a catalyst. If a child is taught to use a gun properly from a young age, they will not use it from wrong because to them the concept is alien and perhaps even repulsive. The US gives you the right to have a gun lawfully and there is nothing wrong with that. I think its great, now if they could stop the other nonsense like taking away women's reproductive rights to their bodies...and other dodgy thing under this administration...and here we get into politics again. I'm gonna stop here. Nice talking about this but....against Forum rules.

7. MutsuKata

MutsuKata 『RO2's MG42 Operator』 『RS2's Loach Combat Pilot』

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry correct me if i'm wrong here
    so 2nd amendment was founded right after the independence day and civil war is freeing from slavery?
    i guess i got some mixed up there

8. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    July 4, 1776 - America was founded
    September 17, 1787 - Constitution was signed
    December 15, 1791 - Bill of Rights went into effect (including the 2nd Amendment)
    Apr 12, 1861 – Civil War begins
    May 13, 1865 - Civil War ends

9. Serra

Serra 『plumie's grandson~』

Reading List:
    Link
    welp this is quickly turning political, I advise turning to PM unless you want this thread to get locked.
    I created this thread so people would think "oh that's interesting" or "hah those bois dumb asf" and move on, not stay and argue

10. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    If its that hard to get a gun, how the fk did it even reach to a school?
    Yeah, i should also stop since its getting political(my whole family is in politics).

11. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, the only thing good about USA having guns is if we suddenly descend into a zombie apocalypse

My school also had bomb threats before. We had to stand outside under the burning sun while police and their dogs went through the school... I'm so fucking pissed with whoever sent that threat in.

Then the same school recently had gang activity so some idiots went and started to fight. One particular idiot brought a gun, shot at the sky and scared himself shitless with it before running off.

Please, can the world have less gun-idiots.

Tho I agree with whoever said that the media blowing it up probably made it more common place. The idiots decided that school shootings was the next coolest thing to do. I want to take a frying pan and smack them a good few times. Maybe it'll fix them...

If they want to die, can they fucking die in their own home without having to make their existence known first via shooting then die.

Deleted member 32451 likes this.
  12. Deleted member 32451

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch this video here:
    And this one:
    from 11:30 to 16:00 (pay attention to the paper on the wall)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
  13. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link

Smacking those idiots with a frying pan may be, in such occasions, showing appropriate forms of love for subduing until the authorities come in.(y)(y)(y) No one ever said love was weak or wussy.:cool::cool::cool:

14. SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam A sports, games, novels fanatic.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol like Team Fortress?

Femme Fatale likes this.
  15. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to think it's where Paladins, Clerics, Angels, Prophets come from. XD They are there for when the powers of good may be need a good wallop with a staff to knock folk back onto the path of righteousness. XD

SnowTime and SamGoingHam like this.
  16. Deleted member 32451

Reading List:
    Link
    Which righteousness though, there are so many out there :sweating_profusely:

Femme Fatale and SnowTime like this.
  17. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    That is an excellent question imho. *gives @Kenedy5 a lollipop*

Deleted member 32451 likes this.
  18. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does no one read the rules anymore? :notlikeblob:

AliceShiki, Das, Serra and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.