Spoiler Risou no Himo Seikatsu: Question about a slight spoiler?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Osamaru, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading Risou no Himo Seikatsu, its really up my ally, though something have been bugging me, and I want to ask for a slight spoiler to see if I am going along the right train of thought.
    It seems to me at least, that there has been some pretty big foreshadowing/Hints to them some how breaking through the current limitations of the Space-Time magic and opening an (at least less restricted that "30 years") "door" back to Earth. Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  2. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What volume are you now?

3. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also like to know this too. And he is likely on the most currently translated volume as most would be. Unless stated otherwise, everyone is considered to be up to date on the most recently translated chapter of any novel.

4. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Just 1. Like I said, I already know its a slight spoiler either way, just curious if I'm following the Author's train of thought, or picking at threads that are not there.

5. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know?

6. Azure Blaze

Azure Blaze 『Stability』『Calmness』『Tranquility』『Heavenly Blue』

Reading List:
    Link
    You're too vague atleast tell us what volume are you now and where the foreshadowing(chapter) did happened.

7. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, 1st one (well second now, as on 5 mins ago). The Foreshadowing is in his preparedness (for example, the large majority of what he brought are consumables, or the author puts an emphasis on their limited life), though I am not sure how that is relevant to the question.

8. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of volume eight, no. It's a slow story, right now he has the ability to teleport if really needed, not sure how far he can go.

They don't have the time to delve into time space research since matters of state keeps popping up, they also come up with solutions to fixing things that may break(mana cost limit it to five minutes) , specifically the all knowing lap top and even who should inherit the ownership of the laptop in their descendants - the daughters since its a male society and the queen wants to ensure the females would not return to being tools, so he has to teach them Japanese to operate the laptop.

He did make a suggestion of opening a tiny portal for Wi-Fi and Wikipedia but she rejected due to mana cost or planet alignment.

9. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did the mc already came back to his kingdom? afaik he was teleported to another kingdom by his wife. last time I read this was last november

10. hajiko

hajiko m(_._)m

Reading List:
    Link
    which volume was that ?

11. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot. November was the last time I read Risou

12. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like this LN...Hope it translation continues

13. hajiko

hajiko m(_._)m

Reading List:
    Link
    it is but slowly RL at work

14. StupidMinotaur

StupidMinotaur Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the manga is somewhat good the novels been getting updates just need to look every week or two and you got a chapter to read.

15. airesten

airesten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any more spoilers? like what happens to their kids (how do they grow up)? and how does the princess (Freya) work in their relationship? does she have kids and does she get along well with both the queen and Zenjirou?

16. SixDesires

SixDesires Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanted to check this out but it sounds like the mc will be treated as a tool and his son I heard gets taken away from him is it your typical beta Japanese mc?

17. StupidMinotaur

StupidMinotaur Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it has to do with him speaking Japanese and them not wanting his son not to learn it. they'll put his son back with them when he turns a certain age when the son learns the native language. it makes sense i dont what to give much away. its a good read just wish they would translate faster.

18. aitortilla03

aitortilla03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From 6th novel till the 9th not much time has passed. Freya went back to her country to get the beneplacit of his father and arrange everything (she need almost one year to go to her country and another year to go back)... so not Freya at the moment...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  19. Huh...

Huh... Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, MC is planning to open a very small portal to Earth so that his Laptop and Phone can connect to the Web there.
    But the Queen already told him its close to impossible currently, and the only way to do it would be to create a new theory and make a new Space-Time magic using it. But since she is busy with her work, she can't easily do it, and it takes years to make a magic theory work properly (not to mention, she can't ask help from any other powerful and experienced magician, as its a bloodline secret magic).

But i guess its the MC's fault as well.
    I mean until the recent chapter, i haven't notice the MC directly tell the Queen why he wanted his Laptop to connect to Earth (he is just saying it would be nice to get connected, but didn't tell her the benefits of that connection).
    If he had explained that he wanted to connect so that he could get all kind of technological information from there, i am sure the Queen would more eager work on creating that new magic.
    Since it would solve a lot of issues for her, like how to create a 'kiln' for glass making, as well as various methods of processing glass. And not to mention, varies types of steel or metal works (be it weapons or utensils), and other stuff like better carriage design or ship design (considering she is getting the current ones from the North Continent through the Princess) or Steam engine mechanics, etc.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  20. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have been looking at different ways to use space time magic, but I don't know if they'll do something like specifically find a way to break the 30 year rule. The MC has looked into if it would be possible to create a tiny portal through which he could get a cell phone signal and connect to the internet, but so far he's been turned down. Creating a portal rather than an instant transport would be a new spell that would need to be developed, and it would likely take a huge amount of mana.

Don't quote me on this, but I also think it might have been mentioned that the 30 year rule was only for transporting living things? I might be making that up, it's been a while.

In any event, they have been using space-time magic on the stuff he brought. There's a way to turn back time for an object, so Aura has said that she plans to do it regularly on all the electronics and equipment so that it can be effectively used forever.

The MC starts out quite passive, only wanting to stay out of the way and leave everything to his wife (because that's literally what the title means). However, as time goes on and she gets pregnant, he gradually takes on more and more responsibilities. The more recent volumes have all been about him traveling around while she stays at home. His wife has concerns that she's using him as a tool, but he's doing everything of his own will because he loves her and wants to help her.

His son has not been explicitly taken away (yet). The issue is that due to the way magic and language works in that world it would be bad for his son to learn Japanese, so he can't talk to his son until he learns to speak the local language. There's also the later issue that the MC is the only male allowed in the inner palace, so once his son gets a little older he'll have to move out to the main palace. They can still meet, but they can't live together.

Not that much time has passed yet. The MC's first kid is still a baby, and his wife is still pregnant with their second. Freya managed to get an agreement to take her as a concubine by making an offer too good to refuse. However, it's only an agreement for the future so far, and won't be finalized until Freya can return to her country and talk to her father, a journey that will take place in the next volume. Since she hasn't officially become a concubine yet, she still hasn't entered the inner palace where all of the MC's electronics are, and they haven't had sex. The MC is still feeling kind of uncomfortable with the idea of taking concubines, but he's getting along with Freya well enough. They're at the level of friends, I guess? Freya's only had a few scenes with Aura so far, so it's a bit difficult to say too much about their relationship. I wouldn't call them friendly yet, but they're not that confrontational yet. Aura doesn't want her husband to take a concubine on a personal level but also acknowledges that there's no avoiding it since it's convenient on a political level. Freya has realized that the key to getting accepted is less buttering up the MC and more making an appeal to Aura.

I don't know which trip you're talking about since there's been several. If you mean the trip to the Twin Kingdoms that lasted a couple volumes, that finally finished at the end of the most recent release. It looks like the next book will be about him going to the northern kingdom Freya's from, though.