Recommendations A lot of people can think about this!

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Avabliss, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Avabliss

Avabliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: Hello Stalker, I was 14 during the creation of the thread and my views have massively changed and even though I don't care about who I was in the past, the fact that my views were unconsciously homophobic in this thread remains a true fact. If you're worried about me, or just straight up annoyed, I promise you that I've learnt, and I think and feel differently from before. I read about anything, sexuality of characters is not a major factor for me anymore, though I do praise more representation of realistic depictions of gay/lesbian couples who aren't fetishized.

18 TYPES OF NOVELS CAN BE RECOMMENDED!

yeet!
    I just love this forum, I'm getting amazing novels from other people. So I thought I'd ask some of my heartfelt desires without feeling embarrassed!

BEFORE THAT: Almost everyone can suggest me SOME novel, except for the weird group. You know who I'm talking about.

Ok, now time for the real stuff.

Okay here are my absolute NOPES
    - No harem, just as it is. "If not for him/her, who else could it be" concept is my anthem. (PS 'Harem' can be in this way, like the Seventh Young Lady, surrounded by several males but she will never fall in love with them or any unusual romantic interactions don't really happen)
    - No misogyny, I'll kill you if you gave me a novel which is like 'Females should not cultivate, stay at home!" Not even if males are treated are like that! (Which will be a rarity.) Or 'Females are worthless, aasdfghjkl' Don't get burnt by my feminist inferno.
    - No Yuri/ Shoujo-ai I'm not against homosexuality, it's just that the concept is not my thing. Ah, why did I not say Yaoi? Because it's fine. c: [EDIT: I regretted it even at that time, but I didn't think it was a major issue. But just half a year later I knew it was a major issue, but I thought my change does not need to be shown here, but 3 years later, I think it's time.

Here are sets which you should tell me / know before recommending
    1. - If story is above 100 chapters (preferred) / or not.
    2. - BL or not
    3. - I'm ok with Shounen and Shoujo and Josei and Seinen equally, so you don't have to really point that out
    4. - JP/CN/KR novel, if it's not any of these three, like a Taiwanese novel, you don't need to really need to point that out. I enjoy CN's writing style of MC gaining power, JP os absurdity and KR for being KR
    5. Just point DV or DVN (respectively) if there is good character interaction or not. I'm fine with both, but I'd like a warning.

Now. Here are some TYPES I might want from you.

Type 1: Any Idol/ Showbiz life Novels. (Romance not required)
    "I'm Really a Superstar"
    This novel is amazing but I was quite disappointed with only one thing. How only the author can make you disregard other characters quite easily.
    TBH, the characters who actually felt like coming into my heart were Chen Chen, His parents and Zeqing. So I might like an 'idol-group' story or a story with a lot of actual character interactions. BTW, yes one fine example would be "True Star", yeah you can disregard the characters easily. But an idol-group is not a must.

Type 2: Romance Novel with a constant interaction of the couple
    Other than in BL novels you can't possibly find it easily. On a note, I'm fine with novels where the MC works hard to gain appreciation from the ML/FL or to be strong enough to give comfort to the MC. PS, an AMAZING example would be the novel, "LITTLE GOBLIN: Master don't come here!"

Type 3: Romance Novel with break-ups
    I'd like a break-up couple, not from the beginning pls, I want to see them love each other then break-up. I don't like feelings fading but due to circumstances. But then get-together of course. Also, if there is a person who suggests me a novel like this with hiatus or currently in the break-up and will not recover anytime sooner, ah man, I hate you. I fell into your trap sigh...

Type 4: Star-crossed Lovers.
    Especially for BL, I don't really like "Man we got together!" 5 years later, everyone accepted them! I personally want to read the struggles, the comfort of each other for being ostracized by the society. I like realistic novels on a base, but yes...

Type 5: FLOOFY! (A novel which makes me soft)
    No NTR, but floofy floofy novel please. I like things to be smooth and with a sprinkle of angst! A good example would be, "Just one smile is very alluring) is nice. Ooh, a cute MC or ML can be nice. I might want my heart to occasionally scream - "AEGYO!" "CUTE" "KAWAII" "MENG"

Type 6: Keikaku Romance!
    In one of my previous threads, I've mentioned my love of Plan plan plan and then slowly watch everyone die! But this, I want our MC to carefully make plans to make his love for fall for him/her. I've never found this trope before, I wish someone could get me this urgggggggggh

Type 7: Slow power up
    Yeah surprise! I would like a MC who is not fazed by anything at all and full devotion for the dao. A definite 2000+ plus chapters. RMJI was good, I like MCs who slowly garner power.

Type 8: School-life, dumb arse - Popular man!
    Not a JP novel for this pleaseee, want I want for this like hmm, Reincarnated: Loser to Prince Charming
    but School-life. But here is another trope immediately to counter for this

Type 9: A Jack of All Trades MC
    Oh man, I love MCs like this! School-life? AMAZING! But I hope there is no harem. It's okay if it's ancient wuxia, I just want them to develop skills. Yeah, no magically I GOT A SKILL trope. But if it's okay like if they had to pay for getting a skill, like in "I'm Really a Superstar"

Type 10: Cooking Novel!
    A good cooking novel, no romance needed, just mouth-watering imagination fuel.

Type 11: Leader MC/ML
    Patriotic student who leads or is with a group. I like charismatic, leader-like MCs. Or the ML/FL should be charismatic and the MC an extremely close follower. But I hate dumb followers like "OMG he said it so we follow it' or "OMG he said it so it won't be true" I like doubt, trust and confidence in a blend.

Type 12: Good friends BL trope
    I'd like them both to be handsome. Here is one imaginary trope
    - Uke/Shou hides his beauty or something
    - Nerd x Popular student?
    - Popular x Popular? An Agreement of Being Gay for 30 Days omg that was soo good, why only 27 ahhhhh
    - Intelligent ukes, but not dumb semes. Or vice verse. Ah, Waiting For You Online is a good example!

Typer 13: Equal couples.
    Either both are handsome/beautiful or both are average-looking romance novel. Rakudai Kishi is nice, but I don't like the incest jokes and the nude drawings pls. But it was my first anime ever, how would I not love it's novel? ~-~

Type 14: Sci-fi novels
    I've never found anything so much more interesting I have a lot to rant about this. I'd like these type of novels to mention the type of material used, it's attributes towards equations, like how will they be compatible with actual concept to them. Basically if it's sci-fi I'm ok with info-dumps
    eg: Forty Milleniums of Cultivation

Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses his knowledge
    From a higher realm to a lower realm or rebirth to 10 years before or so.
    History's strongest martial brother is a gold mine for me, just the first few chapters got me hooked.

Type 16: Hypocrisy? Please don't relate this to the previous Type 15.
    You see when we see the MC plagiarizing like in I'm Really a Superstar we don't really feel anything but in Quick Transmigrating Second Female Lead’s Counterattack, we see a unique view, the FL views the girl as "someone who stole ancient literature" or I would not like MCs who carry other people's works as their own. I'm tolerant with novels like "I'm really a superstar", so you know what's my level. But lemme get you straight, Zhang Ye respects the people who did the works, so I was quite tolerant. If the MC is blatant like, omg everything is mine since they don't exist, I'll whoop your ass for suggesting me that kind of shitty novel.

Type 17: Low-low-low-key MC
    Literally a background MC, who pretends to be weak but pounces? No, not that simple. This is the keikaku trope I love, scheming to their doom. Pretending he/she is not against them and then back-stabbing them. It's the typical villain behaviour, but I'd like a novel with this trope!

Type 18: Romance novel with Male POV
    As the title says.

I'll update this post as much as I can because my interests will expand rapidly. Please try to satisfy my needs, or suggest something similar!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Manju likes this.
  2. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    Top Management is a very good showbiz novel from the manager point-of-view

Meloman likes this.
  3. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Type 15: The Amber Sword
    A great read in my book about a guy playing a game and then being transported into said game world but to the beginning of the game start. It is an awesome read.

Some info on it, 1400+ chapters 120+ translated.
    It is shounen I guess? Not a cultivation novel but about lvls instead.
    While a game world the only thing gamey is that the MC get’s xp, can lvl and gain skills. (no one else can do this)
    MC uses cards similar to Magic the gathering.
    There is a harem vibe to it but MC is only interested in one girl and only one girl is accepted.
    No BL it’s hetero.
    It is in my opinion a lot more mature and believable to most CN and yes it’s a chinese novel. MC is a bit arrogant but not in an overbearing way.
    Character development and depth is good.
    The setting is more of the MC can beat several people at once but not unstoppable or can beat an army alone. Though because of his cards he can eventually summon a sizable force on his own.
    There you got some info as well!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  4. void raven

void raven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Seikai no Monshou - scifi

and you already made a thread about same type of recs yesterday....why make another? and atleast dont copy sentences from your last thread. bump your thread and not make a duplicate one

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Avabliss

Avabliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About that, the nopes... I'd put in every one of my threads because I can't really accept them. So I make sure to write them again except for the shoujo-ai thing which I really couldn't phrase in a better way. P.S that thread is kinda unique than this one so I had to make a new one. Sorry, I'm still quite new, I don't really understand the ropes yet!:blobsweat_2:

8. StoraiMoon

StoraiMoon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i know some good bl ones

9. StoraiMoon

StoraiMoon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also know some good female protagonist novels

10. StoraiMoon

StoraiMoon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. StoraiMoon

StoraiMoon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fp list
    1.https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-rebirth-of-the-malicious-empress-of-military-lineage/ (One of my favs highly recommend the fl is quick and precise)
    2.https://www.novelupdates.com/series/mei-gongqing/ (Abit angsty but has a happy ending and is really good)
    3.https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-tyrant-regent-prince-is-too-fierce/
    4.https://www.novelupdates.com/series/doomed-to-be-cannon-fodder/ (not really romance but the different worlds are interesting and the female lead is super funny and relatable)
    5.https://www.novelupdates.com/series/doomed-to-be-cannon-fodder/

12. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. aurash45

aurash45 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lurking for good recommendations :blobpeek:

14. Caffae

Caffae Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Type 1: Showbiz
    - Superstar Aspirations - BL (also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses his knowledge) (pretty cute and fluffy, mostly MC’s good acting temperament resulting in fans+++ Has the typical possessive, mysophobic ML but MC doesn’t just uselessly depend on him.) :D :D :D his roles are awesome though, the way they describe the character makes me want to watch a drama that doesn’t exist <3

- Superstars of the Future - no romance, (also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses his knowledge)
    I think it’s pretty peaceful and pure in terms of drama. The MC is mainly leveraging his skills and unique experience from previous life to work towards his goal. Story is interesting coz of world-building and because it is like a breath of fresh air.

There is no scheming politics. MC is actually a decent guy I can respect and admire with a strong moral code (this is surprisingly rare).

Not sure if it’s purely ‘idol’/showbiz life. He is aiming to be a composer which is like ‘idol’ equivalent in the futuristic world setting but this novel doesn’t gush on his looks. He works for a big entertainment company and is always in the news :D

- Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil - BL
    (Type 1: has a showbiz series) <3 everything in the series translated by Kez is good although the latter stories kinda challenge my 3 views. Has the typical possessive ML but MC doesn’t just depend on him and uses his skills and intelligence to get out of tight situations. He can be pretty mean to the ML when the ML picks on him which I adore <3

(Type 6: he plots to make his soulmate/lover fall in love with him in some lives. The pace is pretty fast but especially with the later stories, he slowly makes his lover fall for him e.g. Monk & Evil Martial-Leader storyline)

(also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses his knowledge)

- Love at First Touch by bagelswrites (AO3 ID: 6520798)
    [Not a novel, but an interesting fanfic which looks at showbiz from a different angle]

Type 2: Romance Novel with a constant interaction of the couple
    - The General Wants to Hug and Sleep (a light and fluffy novel at the start but WARNING dark x scene.)

Type 4: Star-crossed Lovers.
    - Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang - also known as General & I - there is a tv series! it is that good.
    (I really love this MC, she is one of the best female MCs ever. Super smart and like her value isn’t her looks - which has always annoyed me about female MCs - she is amazing. There is a ton of angst but the romance is so sweet too.)

- Mei Gongqing - Romance + Plot. I really really love this story. MC is determined to live better after rebirth and she plots and sticks to her goal. Love the setting and I find the ML pretty interesting. The gentle celestial type of ML is incredibly rare. Also it's not reverse harem but there is another guy that likes her (he is her ex-from-past-life so I don't think of it as harem as much as revenge). I like her mentality and how she doesn't mindlessly pursue revenge but instead tries to live the best life for her. She is sure about who she is, doesn't try to fit herself into a role she can't handle and doesn't settle for a life she won't be able to live peacefully despite all the pressure from society.

Type 5: Floofy
    - Cub Raising Association (my current favourite, its just fluff + management - it’s pretty pure, peaceful and cute - No romance as far as I can tell. More teleporting between 2 worlds than transmigration)

- My Vegetative Partner Opened His Eyes in Anger After I Ran Away - BL Romance, so fluffy and cute I’m dying. I love how MC provokes ML (he doesn’t know it’s the ML, so like I feel like ML deserves it for tricking him anyways) but like the ML is just like… I. Must. Bear. With. This. - also description of cute animals and hilarious naming sense.

- A Guide to Raising Your Natural Enemy - BL (it’s cute, fluffy and a bit foolish. romance with silly MC)

Type 7: Slow power-up
    - Reverend Insanity - No romance - also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses his knowledge

(MC is definitely not neuro-typical… he is ruthless and not rules by his emotions at all. Unlike other ruthless!MCs he isn’t brash and obsessive at all. Rather he kinda doesn’t care for other human beings ~~

I like how he uses his rebirth knowledge and plots and plans to get stronger. He is incredibly crafty and has no scruples whatsoever. I like how he is actually shameless - not just acts shameless but as in he doesn’t feel bad about his own actions ever

The story has a ton of world-building that is really consistent.Goes on forever tho.)

- Mother of Learning (on royalroad) also (Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses his knowledge) - No romance - maybe you’ll like the time loop kind of novels? He slowly gets stronger and there is a significant threat looming. MC isn’t the legendary blessed protagonist, there is character development, some family relationship development and he realises his previous perception of the world wasn’t really correct. Even has some angst. <3 <3 <3

- Dungeon Heart (on royalroad) - No romance - MC is a dungeon… but like the story is super interesting as he develops to become stronger. It’s pretty refreshing. Also like how they gush over the craftmanship…

- The Bound Dungeon - No romance - MC is a dungeon… but like the story is pretty interesting too as he also leverages concepts other dungeons usually won’t to become a truly epic dungeon. MC is smart and cunning.

Type 9: A Jack of All Trades MC
    - The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - Insignificant romance -MC is a bit annoying in how he is a miser for money but he shows how the jack-of-all-trades is surprisingly strong and I like the pet creation aspect. Also it’s really epic.

Oh and his naming sense is just the funniest thing. I like how he does well on an unconventional path and his determination to get a better life for his family.

Type 10: Cooking Novel!
    - Transmigator meets Reincarnator (Kinda Romance, Ancient China, Straight) - I absolutely love the cooking aspect of this novel and the smart MC but I also hate the ML - he is such an asshole to his wife (although he has a reason, I think she should have ditched him.)) (also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses her knowledge)

- The Film Emperor’s Daily Live Cooking Broadcast (lots of cooking, hints at romance so far, BL, not much plot yet.) - I like how he doesn’t claim credit for the dishes and donates the money to charity <3 (so yeah type 16: not a hypocrite!)

- The Feast (cute, fluffy, some romance. MC is a transmigrated foodie, I like how she doesn’t do politics really. Also her interactions with ML are interesting and funny. She basically wants to leave him at the start ^__^ and they bicker a ton) (also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses her knowledge)

Type 11: Leader MC/ML
    - Side Character Transmigrations: The Final Boss is No Joke (not really significant romance? at least there is some sweet relationships but mostly our Big-Sister style MC that is utterly awesome.) (also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses her knowledge)

- Liar’s Game (it’s a manga, not a novel) interesting manga coz she is kinda leading but so is her ‘partner’ as they try to get out of the Liar Game (the puzzles are interesting and the guy is really smart) - No romance as far as I can tell.

- Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter (Interesting at the start as she fights out of her cannonfodder fate but gets a bit annoying for me near the end. She leads her subordinates but they do trust her a ton, only doubt is in their role for her…) (also Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses her knowledge since she transmigrated into an otome game)

Type 14: Sci-fi novels
    - The Mech Touch (I think it’s rather interesting, MC is a bit stubborn and keen on getting his way. Hnnn lacks social skills. I wish there was more mech creation scenes but I like how the story hints at deeper world-building. The setting is pretty well done in terms of how well developed the mech community and the supply lines etc is.)

Type 15: Transmigration novel/ Rebirth novel where the MC uses their knowledge
    <listed a few above already>
    - Dominion’s End - MC is reborn but not as who she was in her first life -> like into a guy’s body (there are some incest jokes but like not really? It put me off reading at first but once I read it, the story is just so awesome. Fluff & sweetness with some angst.)

- Great Tang Idyll - I absolutely love the ideas that the MC comes up with and like its kingdom building ish. I admire MC’s schemes and I like the type of person he is. Not really romance. Interesting to see a pair transmigration.

PS: Sorry can't post links ;(
    PPS: Also would love to see recs for (female MC breaks up with scum husband) type of novels

15. Rainz

Rainz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found a good novel..... Max Level Newbie... Pros- just too good... Just read it will ya?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019