Why are so many people into NTR?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by anon1guy, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    A bunch of letters in a screen isn't much more realistic either though.

But you may get your answers by asking the people who like to watch things like The Human Centipede, since watching that movie cannot be anything but the desire to be... well... that.

Or people who read sad stories where people close to the MC end up dying (even if it's in a "peaceful" way), since reading that kind of novels cannot be anything but the desire for people close to you to end up dying so you can feel as sad as the MC, since the main appeal is the "sad" part (otherwise they would read a "happier" novel).

At least following that logic, that is.

I mean, if "main story centers about X happening to the MC" implies "anyone who reads it wants X happening to themselves", you sure have a fun way of seeing the world.

Paps and GodBrandy like this.
  2. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link

3. missnicegirl

missnicegirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR is love NTR is life NTR is greatness NTR is the apex

Jokes aside.... I can't comprehend how stupidity works to enjoy something like NTR ...you need to be quite fked up up there if you enjoy something like NTR imo :D

4. Masuri

Masuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone with their own kinks that turn them off. Can't say I don't have my own things that I enjoy more than other ones so I won't judge.

5. Lyase

Lyase Caelum Codex

Reading List:
    Link
    Because people are screaming 'NTR!" like retards when girls DARE to interact with other human beings other then their typical self insert op loser mc.

It's not even fucking ntr when the girl never like your loser ass to begin with. Barely any interaction between mc and girl but girl falls in love with an other guy is not ntr either.

Ntr is when mc girlfriend is literally cheating and slept/kiss with other guy. Mc crush going for other guys is not fucking ntr when she never likes mc/you/selfinsert.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    He needs to save the world of course! Can't do that without a lot of hard work! *shakes pompoms*

Lovely likes this.
  7. DMR

DMR Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you forget the fact that many people don't know the difference between NTR and netori... and many Netori are labeled as NTR...
    That said, NTR is a cancer that plagues the community. I mean, I'm all for mind break and what not, but in the end, it can turn into a happy end.

Paps likes this.
  8. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR is so broad, and literally just one aspect out of a story. People are drawn to different perspectives of it, hence Netori, Netorare, Netorase.

I won't say its good or bad, just that people have preferences. And just be open to the fact that people see things differently.

But along with the NTR tag, you'll need some surrounding elements, either adultery, cheating, mind break, etc. Because for all we know, the characters in the story can have no relation and are just pleasuring themselves in some fashion.

--------------------------------------
    On another note, my psychology professor says that humans predominantly are polyamorous. Its just that the general societal construct prohibits, limits or makes such relationships immoral. But on an instinctual level, if you take away religion and current societal inhibitions, humans will revert to having orgies. (My proffessor also made references to other animals, like the bonobo apes)

Paps likes this.
  9. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they are Masochist

10. ANP008

ANP008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because of the difference in how they read a story...
    for example, when I'm reading a story I will try to imagine myself as the protagonist, so when the protagonist get hurt (NTRed, betrayed, ect) I will feel it too...
    but for people that like Netorare they not imagining themselves as the protagonist, so for them it's just like seeing some other people got NTRed. Well, at least that's what my friend that enjoy watching anime NTR told me.

Paps likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Because humans can be sadists. Reading about a protagonist suffering makes your life seem much better.
    It is a good stress reliever.
    The opposite is also true. People want escapism. Reading about a protagonist whose life is perfect, he wins every battle and every war... yawn boring if you ask me

P.S I enjoy a good NTR story especially if the protagonist finds a second "one true love"
    It makes it all the more satisfying eg Laughing Proud Wanderer. Legend of Chusen and most good wuxia.
    [​IMG]

Paps likes this.
  12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please check the date before posting in a thread.

AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.