New QI script needed

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Serendipity, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

I would have to take a toll for them to send me a bill via toll by plate XD avoiding tolls means that you literally do not go through tolls at all, you take the exit before the toll, then come back on the expressway after. This can be easily done through apps like waze or even google maps.

I gave up on crunchy, I used to sub to them years ago when they were new, but they've been so complacent and refuse to add pretty much any new, good features to their site...like download options.

I mean, let's be real. If I'm watching a show on crunchy, paying my sub, but I also want to watch anime when I'm on a roadtrip, or on a flight with no free wifi, I'm definitely going to be downloading some anime, so let me do it from your site instead of from obscure torrenting sites. But nooo, fuck that, it's too convenient for our paying costumers to be able to download their anime for future watching.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  2. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    that and some other things. i have actually stopped watching anime recently. if i can buy the blu ray or dvd, then i tend to do that instead, now.

3. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that counterproductive? By not supporting the Dev, they might stop update/develop the game altogether because it was not worth the effort?:blobdizzy:
    Same also goes to Qi overlord.

4. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

I doubt 1 person will affect a game, as for with QI, hopefully it means that we go back to what the scene was like before they showed up, aka their series just get picked up by translators on their own sites, and no one (other than aggregators) is stealing translations from sites left and right.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if someone could think of this ( Except if you are the heavenly genius one in a million years whatsoever ), other would think the same too, and with quantitive come qualitative change.

6. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel desperate pain at this, but I'm going to have to take the QI shills' side on this one. This is wanting to eat a burger without supporting McDonald's, but the method chosen is to rob the store....

QI_Meh likes this.
  7. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Or, you guys could read the chapters on an aggregator? That has worked for me 100% of the time so far.

8. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is turning into a piracy discussion, which, I don't care about. Considering this scene started from taking foreign authors work (with or without consent from the author, but never from the publisher holding the copyright) and translating it into english for free, I don't understand the pro-Qidian people who feel like shaming the pirates in the community is sensible. This scene has never respected copyright. Do what you do. I cheerfully consume content stolen from qidian instead of supporting them because I was cheerfully consuming content stolen from qidian instead of supporting them to begin with. I cheerfully support several patreon translators because I like the subscription model for my reading and detest the spirit stone one. Whine about it if it amuses you, I guess.

As for the script, while the greasemonkey one isn't working properly, the one located here still works, reportedly. It's java, so I haven't run it because I don't want to deal with reenabling java, but so speaketh the reddit.

9. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do want to respond to this mindset, with the preface: Go ahead and pirate, man. I don't care.

But your support, or lack thereof, matters, even as just that one. If a game isn't worth enough to get your money, hey, fine. I'd have stronger opinions about it if you were stealing something physical, but duplicating a copy that you were never going to pay for to begin with doesn't harm people the same way. But if you enjoy something, support it, because yes your 1 person matters. Trends are everything in sales. Our generation not appreciating our value is really fucking up everything from good development to elections, and I strongly regret the years I spent not valuing my own voice or purchasing power.

10. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

I'm still not sure exactly why you're bringing piracy into this, I think I said earlier that I am specifically talking about f2p or b2p games, that is, games that are free, or I have already purchased. For example, I own Guild Wars 2, and if I choose to, I can support the devs by using the cash shop...but if they fuck up, I can also just not support them? Same goes for league of legends, a game that is free to play, if riot fucks up, I can choose to go f2p from then on, no longer buying RP for any reason.

Atros likes this.
  11. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, carry on then. Did a quick read through and saw a bunch of other posts complaining at you for piracy and you disregarding them casually, didn't read thoroughly, my bad.

Honestly all the people bashing on you make even less sense now. Even under the assumption, in this place, anti-piracy having a strong contingent makes no sense to me. Now it's apparently they're whining at you for not throwing money at free games? Bizarre.

12. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only sum it up with this quote by yours truly.

Just because someones hobby is reading, does not mean they read.

10 nuffies to whoever can turn that into a haiku.

13. heishiken

heishiken yarvic001 Hell Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    And the Topic was completly derailed xD I'm sure some1 can fix the script.

14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    The only novel I read in QI is The King Avatar and Throne of Magical Arcana but I stockpile for every 30 chapters, after that wait for a month or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.