Discussion Anyone else lose interest over time?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Atros, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaaaaaaa thought this was a mostly-just-me kind of problem. Apparently I was absolutely wrong.

That'd be more comforting if it provided real solutions, though. I did think about taking @Ddraig's advice and reading completed novels, but... most of the completed novels that were in my scope of interest I've already finished off. With my job, I tend to consume around six hours of novel a day, and completed novels alone just can't keep up worth a damn at that pace.

Guess I'll have to eventually just make the plunge and reread a bunch of stuff to get caught up on the ones worth catching up on.

Ddraig likes this.
  2. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually happens with my steam library... more than my reading lists.

Play games up until the mid-point, then lose interest.

Atros likes this.
  3. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens for me too since their are plenty of times when I don't feel like doing anything.

Atros likes this.
  4. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    This human's to read list is getting longer ah. But I can't bear to read any of them knowing that I will be able to finish reading them in a jiffy. So tiring to read like that.

Atros likes this.
  5. Doughb

Doughb Hand Tied

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting the dungeon defense

Atros likes this.
  6. Pudding Invasion

Pudding Invasion Most Desired and Delicious Pudding [NO EATING]

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was in my list for too long, I just remove it
    Then adds it back in again after some time when I realised that I want to read it but it never happened and the process continues until I decide to read it. ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

User01 and Atros like this.
  7. GrimReeFer

GrimReeFer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    everything gets boring eventually, we enjoyed this website because everything was sparkly new, the novelty wares of eventually, same for anyone that read or watched manga/anime, nothing lasts forever, it has to get boring at some point, most of these novels are repeats, they just copy each other, so it had to happen at some point, I assume there is a big portion of us that are sick of this website, I have been for a long time, just haven't found the next best thing to fill up my boring life, so i keep coming back.

User01 and Atros like this.
  8. pocketchu

pocketchu Omni

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Eveytime.

9. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    happens to most of us.:blobmelt:

10. jeskai729

jeskai729 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CCG is something I feel guilty about, I started reading it early on and I stopped reading it cause of a stupid reason, the more I think about it the more im like, 'idiot -.-' I stopped reading it because I thoght it was stupid the there were ghost in the modern world while I totally accepted the fact that he had a cellphone about (did this one have gods?) well cultivators at the least

User01 likes this.
  11. DevilKat

DevilKat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally feel ya man

12. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    This is common.

13. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I originally had a list of about 70-100 novels and manga that I read with the chapters I left off of. but it got so hard to update that I was no longer able to keep up maintaining it and I've probably doubled that number by now. I have novels that I used to really enjoy that I dumped because it's no longer good, or I hate the current arc, or it's just too repetitive. sometimes these novels have anime or manga series that come out and I restart the novels because they seem interesting. kumo desu ga, nani ka? falls under that category for me. unfortunately I don't have the 100+ chapter rule so a lot of novels I've read are anywhere from 10-50 chapters so I have hundreds of characters from stories that seem interesting all muddled together and it's it now almost impossible for me to remember names of characters because I just expect to forget them by the next time I read. weekly or faster releases are better, but if it's much longer than that I forget a lot of the details but tend to remember by the end of the chapter.

User01 likes this.
  14. Sumire_shouta_

Sumire_shouta_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep same... I don't know why but it just happen all the time ;^; and it makes me procrastinate a lot when i want to reread it again.... But I do remember the contents of the novels tho

15. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I do the same thing. It's because a lot of these novels are simply too repetitive, they're not all horrible novels or anything (some of them are pretty bad though) but a lot of them are so similar that if you're reading multiple novels then they all kind of lose their flavour. They have cliffhangers all the time and rely on those to retain readers. The best way to pick the novels back up is to literally wait a year so you kind of forget what happened in the novel then you pick it back up to refresh yourself and read like 100-200 chapters with your refreshed mind (or at least that's how I pick them back up).
    Honestly it'd be a lot better if you only read one novel at a time but with the translation speed you'd be waiting and eternity for that.
    Try to pick up completed novels because then you'll never have to wait. Try to focus on reading one novel you actually enjoy.

16. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is so relatable. I have 100++ in my reading list, few months ago I always read novels day and night.. but now even after reading few chapter I just got bored..

17. Noitrus

Noitrus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, totally happens all the time. My "currently reading" list is super short now while "On-hold" is super long. And I find it's quite healthy to shelve the novel for a while until it accumulated enough chapters and then read it all with pleasure. Sucks when you're forced to do that for a novel which is very enjoyable once picked up, but it just can't be helped.

Well the exception is "The death mage who doesn't want a fourth time", I wait extremely eagerly every single chapter on release and enjoy it immensely for years now. Probably will never get bored of it. Also same for "Release that witch" because the release rate is so wonderfully stable and frequent (2 chapters a day).

18. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's pretty normal actually.

Especially for those novel with slow updates. It's very easy to lose interest with those kind of novels.

In my case, I have a lot of novel in my reading list. But the number of Novel that I actually read can only be counted with one hand. The rest I already lost interest because too much time has passed while waiting for updates.

19. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    How can I lost interest in @Hotato.... Errr I mean my own reading list... I just piling them up and read everything at once. I just hate cliffhanger

20. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    first, i created a small habit to skip parts of a novel(1 or 2 paragraphs, looking at you ED), then i started to skip whole novels since i started to lost interest in them(Dragon Maken War, Dragon-Marked War God, etc.) then when i found a novel that i would(and should) have interest and add it to my list "To Read" or when i lost interest in them i mark my last chapter readed and left it to die in insolation in the list "To Read"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.