LCD The World Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Renzy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not in rl, but in the game.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, in real life. He tried it.

3. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    And it worked. Unless MC is paranoid

4. Teutates

Teutates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep that is how he kicked of the emigration earlier by posting that on the forum and having others verify it.
    Causing the emigration to start earlier as the truth came out.

5. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, that's the same justification that all antagonists use. "Since they won't join me, kill them so that they don't join others/oppose me."

But honestly, that just feels like a weird slippery slope, cause if he's gonna use that justification, I don't see why he hasn't started or prepared to start an assassination scheme/organisation. Cause I'm sure that there are other power npcs that his intelligence organisations have found.

The story has stated that one of the Six Tyrants as coming from an ancient aristocratic family with plenty of cultivators and cultivation techniques. Cultivation is something that's possible in the story.

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that family is more a martial arts family with martial arts techniques. As for a straight qi gathering technique, I don't know if it mentioned them having one.

7. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I could have sworn that it was mentioned during the MC's cultivation selling spree that they had plenty of cultivation techniques that they could sell but chose not to.

8. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A

9. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really interesting how fleshed out the management is.
    Especially since we are at a point where his past doesn't help him anymore, but he keeps going forward with his plans to introduce modern elements in his property.

I really hope he can upgrade to a country soon.

10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in an earlier chapter he talked about how the world moved into using cannons and guns for war.

yet the author now states that he's already caught up with his past self and cannon ships aren't even mainstream yet

11. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is his girlfriend and what is her background?

12. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    She's his school's school flower. Her background isn't so huge actually. Maybe middle grade family?

13. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably depends on how each country progresses in its timeline/history and how Gaia determines when to move on. For instance, China has its various dynasties, and it wasn't until the later dynasties that cannons and guns were used, so it shouldn't really be surprising that China didn't have access to mainstream ships and cannons etc during the end of his last life (5 out of 10 years). For the Americas/European countries, depending on how the game categorises each time period, they might have access to guns and so on faster.

14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he said cannons and musket became the main weapons of war in the game.

also historically, china actually had cannons earlier than the west but couldn't be assed to make guns. instead they used gunpowder for firecrackers

mr.tanen likes this.
  15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but depending on Gaia's settings, China could also have a lot more dynasties compared to the other countries/regions, which is why it would take them so long to reach that point. I'm trying to think back to the time when they had to level up to one of the tiers and they had to fight off the bandits. Didn't one of the territories in America already have access to firearms or cannons or something? o.0

But anyways, that's not the point. I just had a reread of the chapter, and it says that MC's territory has roughly reached the same progress as Di Chen's territory in the previous timeline. I'm pretty sure that doesn't refer to tech levels, but simply the developments in the various sectors (education, health, finance, business, army organisation etc) and the layout of the territory. Cause think about it. - assuming that each year has a new update as well as a new auction, there's no way MC's territory could have the same level of tech.

mr.tanen likes this.
  16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I guess the latest chapter just answered your questions. It seems similar to what I had previously thought and said: it depends on the country's history. Even if China had cannons/gun powder earlier, due to its longer history, it will take longer for it to get to that point, whereas others like America would have a head start. Also, even though canons and muskets may have become the main weapons of war, doesn't necessarily mean that it was the case for China.

17. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't our mc just say "i expect x to happen" i know he doesn't want to notify gaia that he knows stuff.
    But can't he just make a projection to his subject instead of this vague stuff " Just do it"

and i was wrong he still has a few years of knowledge left. but the difference between adventure mode and lord mode is what he sometimes have issues with.
    What does make sense if you only played one mode for years and don't have any "capital" to get a village.

i think we seem to move to a situation where there is only a few super powers left in china in a dozen of chapters.
    i wonder when exactly we are moving to the world stage.

18. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The Oceania region gets forgotten so much in this. I mean the only important thing about it is that Australia is full of iron ore.

The only thing more disappointing is how the author goes Chinese history is most in depth of all time and completely ignores things such as battle of Troy and the many wars Rome was in and all that as well as lots of other things which have been pulled from historical context and myths...

19. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    Its still in the region fase... so its all about china... Even japan, china's main opponent barely has a mention.
    The only way we will get to see stuff about Europe will be as a short mention.. or as side stories and i don't see that happening anytime soon.

the fact that my country had a mention surprised me and was only its name :blobxd:

CodeZero likes this.
  20. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I only meant when they mention the world state and it's situation. I don't care usually but like the chapter where they went over how America already had guns and things to counteract the past generals. :blobtongue: