Spoiler Any Spoilers for "Return of the Swallow"?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiti, Oct 16, 2017.

1. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She stays a cannon fodder for as long as I MTL-ed. I gave up halfway through though. So maybe she changed after?

Later on, the MC's family is attacked during the war and QHN uses one of the cousins as a shield from the assassins/soldiers. Even then, the grandma insists on taking her along to the other kingdom when the family moves there. I gave up reading around that point.

kawaii12345, Foexi and Ivivivi like this.
  2. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lovely grandma kinda loses it after her family is destroyed and tries to set up a revolutionary org in MC's name. When MC finds out about it, she kidnaps her and threatens her to take up leadership or be killed. MC doesn't want to implicate her father's family and refuses. The situation ends in disaster with the grandma dying (I think... been too long since I MTL-ed).

3. joun

joun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The grandma didn't die. She takes her granddaughter's hostage to get away (and she did, letting the MC to be rescued). Later on, the grandma had her revenge (apologises to the MC who is empathizing after many many many bullying and sufferings) and decides to retire passing on her granddaughter/MC the leadership of the rebels (whose are convinced by the grandma to not look for revenge but to save people as purpose).

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. joun

joun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS for our MC's current situation:
    She just gave birth to twins boys. Of course, the ML is her husband. And they are both back in her country.

The young king (i didn't use the term "emperor" because his country is now vassal to the ML's country) is torn between his love and hate to her because she is fine and gave birth to 2 boys for his enemy, the one who helped to take down his country's independace and sovereignity.

His councelor (of the king), kin to the queen (whose is dead), wants to plot against the MC. I do fear for the boys. It's like one of them may die (the MC had a dream that made her feel truly sad and desesperate - had the dream just before she gave birth :().

5. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait. The grandmother takes the MC as a hostage? Who is the revenge against? The Royal family?
    And how is the MC bullied and by whom?
    The story feels like it’s changed from the plot of the current translation.

6. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the ML loose his military power? And how did they marry? Aren’t they considered enemies, did the ML’s country’s emperor allow their marriage?
    I hope the story doesn’t get depressing later on. I lake MC’s that are kinda of OP in their schemes.

7. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have some more details on the romance? Their interactions? How they get married? Please TT

8. joun

joun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the grandma kidnapped the MC and the concubine Cai (it was a trap to lure the grandma's rebels army with the MC as a bait).

They are captured while going out. The grandma wants to force the MC to be the leader of the rebels for a lot of complex things. But it is a political move in a way. (and the grandma would love to kill a kin to her enemy -the concubine- in bonus).

The MC refuses to obey (to show loyalty, she also would have to kill the "inconscious" concubine) because it would implicate her family.
    But who knew that the concubine is actually an elite bodyguard of the king (special force, etc...she is working with the MC's father and was sent as concubine as cover up even she is in love with him since her youth).

So she have martial skills and freed herself, killing rebels to get to the MC to save her. This is at this moment that the grandma threathed the MC's life to get away with her men. While she escape, she let go of the MC to be rescued by the concubine. The MC dont resent her grandma completely but she dont get how she could have tried to implicate her family. Then the grandma dissapers from the story for a while (until her revenge, i think. And it was because the MC let her a way to get it).

The concubine is actually so in love with the MC's father that she would do her best to protect the MC from harm.

But the whole thing was a trap to make the rebel show themself and to test the MC's loyaulty. Because of her (the concubne) witnessing everything, she is able to absolve the MC's potential implication with the grandma/rebels. It saved the MC's family from being doubted by the emperor...for 2 seconds !

9. joun

joun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I jumped a big part of the story to get to their wedding lol. Well i jumped since the heated combats and their mariage.

But the ML don't lose his military power but you can see how his emperor doubt him, is jealous and paranoid. But their relation is getting less strained.

But some times, you just want to kill him. Well his queen is an ok person. So i dont with for him to be obliterate.

Their romance will start in her own country: it is a lot about him saving her from situations because life (emperor and his evil empress) really want to eat her ! (literaly sometimes!!!).

After some times, she realises that their country will fall and that she wont blame the MC for being against her nation. She only want to protect and save people and she believes in his character.

I will come back to give some more spoilers after i read all the part that i jumped.

10. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now the Great Zhou seems like a shitty royal family on par with our MC's emperor. I'd like to see BOTH of them go down. Any chances of that?

ML should just do a huge mutiny gah

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the qin dowager die? Or suffer? I want her to feel pain and humiliation.

scxrletheart likes this.
  12. Ivivivi

Ivivivi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me about qyn father concubine? The tramptress sister
    Will she do something bad?

13. runes

runes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to Concubine Cao?

14. Snowwhitefox

Snowwhitefox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's one of the good guys.

She's in love with QYN father and was sent as a spy by the dog emperor. She's the head of the Silver Masks (name I got from MTL) and is very proficient in martial arts. Uhm... as of now, she helps the Qin family a lot, helped QYN a lot, stays by QYN father as his bodyguard, and QYN has accepted her and likes her.

Honestly, I'm all about one man, one woman relationships but I low key want QYN dad to accept her. She's that good of a character. Since the story is ongoing, cross your fingers Cao Yuqing gets a happy ending!

15. Snowwhitefox

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh.... she's still a bitch... and alive. But no one likes her, they just "respect" her as an elder and for filial piety's sake.

kawaii12345 and JimmyFalcon like this.
  16. Snowwhitefox

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Li Qitian is a shit emperor and shittier "brother". How can you treat your bros like that??

17. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need to kill off nee sun. Dead weight
    They already do that though. Bah, why is someone that old even alive in ancient china? The spite in her heart should have killed her.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sruthi Gudivada and redplatform_ like this.
  18. Twinkle Twinkle

Twinkle Twinkle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happens to nee sun? How is her relationship with her husband and the cao concubine? Does Qin Huaiyuan and the cao concubine get together or the like?

19. Dioning

Dioning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen to QYN after the peace talk with great zhou ?? Would she lost her chastity ? Or would Pang xIao help her ? Btw were you MTLing this novel ? What apps you used ? Because i tried it with google translate and it s so hard to understand and i feel like my brain would explode if i keep doing it.

20. Snowwhitefox

Reading List:
    Link
    Pang Xiao like the Tiger he is saves her. You can read the translation when it's out, it's quite swoon worthy imo. I MTL with Google translate. It is hard but once you get used to doing it, it becomes... way easier? The translator is doing an amazing job on Volare Novels and it enriches my understanding of the story (and clarifies the parts I don't understand) so I'm following along the translations as well. But yeah, MTL can be a mind mash if you're not used to it. I just have no patience and have MTL'd a dozen novels so I can figure it out. It's like a puzzle. Plus, I'm Vietnamese and there's lots of phrases that align with the Chinese ones so stuff that don't make sense in English, I translate to Viet in my brain and I understand what they're trying to convey. The Chinese use a lot of idioms so that is a big part of it as well. Sorry I can't offer more assistance!

kurohamukami and JimmyFalcon like this.