Sealed by the Roots of Yggdrasil - Registration Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
  2. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    MA, definitely. They approved of my characters. So as long as it is not OP, anything goes.

Quaesitor likes this.
  3. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm done with the character! You should go back and take a look. I think I may have overdone it though...

Quaesitor likes this.
  4. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Excellent work! I don't think that there are any problems, but could you explain how he would harness his familiar spirit, and its effects?

5. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm still not sure what path Blængr -I need to copy paste this I need a nickname, help?- will take yet, after all if he became a craftsman he wouldn't be able to use the familiar spirit.
    My Idea about the totemic possession is three staged;
    • One that affects the mental state according to his totemic animal; in this case Blængr would become a swift killer with fearless nature and silent attacks.
    • Another that starts affecting the psychical body it would give a boost in the aspect the totemic animal is most capable of, and of course, there would be visible changes like some hair on face an eyes color and shape changing. in this case, he would have a major boost in speed and a minor one in strength, he would also be harder to detect.
    • The last state is full possession where he would assimilate with the spirit to become a beast-man temporarily he would gain an enormous boosts in the main aspects while the secondary aspect would get a major boost. This state is only heard of in legend, according to the shamans of the clan the only person to reach it was the clan co-founder Folkbiǫrn Eklund who is said to turn into a mountain sized bear with the strength to destroy the sky and split the oceans.
    But that all depends on the limitation of the RP, oh, this is my first time playing RP btw.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Quaesitor likes this.
  6. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Neat! Your character and concept have no problem and are well done.

However, I fear that in the setting of this RP, I might have limited supernatural abilities too harshly, or more like, not intended anyone to have them.
    Which might have been a mistake.

7. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it only makes the game harder -how enjoyable would depend on the players preferences- and will turn repetitive with time, if not maintained well that is. not that I have any experience with Role-playing to judge it so take it with a big -giant sized- pinch of salt.

I can do without them though.

Edit: I have to say though, having no supernatural powers -no matter how small- in a Norse mythology defeats its purpose. maybe make it a 'heaven beyond heaven' type? like after reaching the limit of the warrior/craftsman/administrative path you need eg, 500 contributions and approval of half of the player population plus a special quest item to get a non-OP unique Rank with your approval which would be added to the Rank tree if suitable to be public and next level would be 5000 CP and half pop and so on. this way the pioneers would contribute to the game system and start a virtuous cycle

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Quaesitor and TiggerBane like this.
  8. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    99% chance after all that defeats the purpose of having the setting have anything to do with Norse myths and you could have done something like Vikings building a village in America XD.

Maybe add a few special things like wooly mammoths and what not and the setting would be the same.

Quaesitor likes this.
  9. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Hrefna
    Gear: Sword (father's), shield (father's), animal leather/skin clothes, belt, scabbard, bow and arrows, knife/dagger.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Backstory:
    Hrefna was born to a hunter father and a housewife mother. As she grew up, her father knew that it would be difficult for her to survive if he was gone one day, and so taught her how to hunt like him. Her mother, taught her how to do household chores.
    When Ragnarok began, the battle came close to where they lived and Hrefna's father used his sword and shield to try and defend them from the creatures that appeared. At some point during Ragnarok, the three of them ended up inside Yggdrasil's roots and were thus protected from the outcome of the raging battles outside.

Unfortunately, both her parents did not survive the trip, leaving Hrefna alone to fend for herself. Taking her father's sword and shield, along with his hunting gear, she traveled this new world, hoping to find fellow survivors.

After a few years of living in this new world, Hrefna had joined up with a group of other people, where she became a huntress during the day, and a tavern keeper at night.

Although she took her father's sword and shield, she has not really used it. Instead, she keeps it attached, or close, to her at all times, a reminder of her family that she lost and of the memories of the world before Ragnarok. As a bonus, it works as a deterrent for unsavoury drunk customers at her tavern.
    Personality:
    Due to having learned the art of hunting from a young age, as well as housekeeping, Hrefna has two sets of personalities depending on what she is doing. However, there are two things that remain for both: her calmness, and her stubbornness. Many a man has been close to hitting their heads against the wall when trying to convince Hrefna to do something she didn't agree with. This same stubbornness has been used to ensure her survival, as well as when hunting.

When working as a hunter, she is stoic, cold, silent and focused. She will not allow any mistake to be made, and punishes herself if she does - in place of when her father did so to her.

When working as the tavern keeper, she is bright and cheerful. Always smiling and acting amiably, but if you break her rules she will rain down her fury. There was one time when she sliced a man's finger off for touching her inappropriately without her consent. He quickly learned his lesson. This is not to say she is unwilling to be with a man, but it must be with her permission. Sad to say, no man has caught her eye yet.

@Quaesitor is this okay? Or do I need to change anything?
    Also, sorry for taking so long to do this, I was struggling to come up with my character.
    >w<

X

TiggerBane and Quaesitor like this.
  10. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks good!

Nahrenne likes this.
  11. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Vebrand Herlusson
    Gear: Rough clothes, carpentry tools
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Backstory: Vebrand was born into a family with a long tradition of warriors. From an early age, he trained to become a warrior and, having finally become one, was quite good at fighting. However, when he was 28 years old, and the first signs of Ragnarök, the three early winters, appeared, an enemy smashed the bones in Vebrand's right leg with his shield, and this injury never healed completely, leaving Vebrand with a crippled leg. With an injury like that, Vebrand could not be a warrior anymore.

Frustrated at having the only thing he could do taken from him, Vebrand became a craftsman and focussed on carpentry and alcohol, the only things that seemed to numb or take his mind off his leg's pain, with manic devotion and become rather skilled at carpentry. However, in the battle of Ragnarök, Vebrand was forced to fight for his life once again. His old, rusted fighting skills barely saved his life and, once the world that was sealed by the roots of Yggdrasil opened, he saw it as his only chance at survival, and immediately escaped into it.

When he arrived, the village of Hvall was still quite small, and after he somehow managed to gain a room for carpentry, since then spends most of his time either in his room in Hrefna's tavern or his carpentry workstation.
    Personality: Vebrand isn't a happy man, and there aren't many things that catch his attention. Alcohol, carpentry, and occasionally combat. Other than that he is grumpy, but tries to keep his promises as good as he can.

12. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    *raises chin* Hmmm I reluctantly approve of your character. hmph!
    jokes aside, Good job!

Quaesitor likes this.
  13. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure it seems a bit too op to me though... See he has only one eye which obviously means he is actually Odin in disguise.

Nahrenne and Quaesitor like this.
  14. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention it..... Well since I approved I wouldn't go back on my word! Let's allow him the honor of being a dead god since he was the one to make the thread. *Puffs chest haughtily*

TiggerBane and Quaesitor like this.
  15. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...he is not Odin! xD

16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he Baldor the beautiful then. THAT IS EVEN MORE OP!!!

17. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Names:
    Eiðsson, (main)
    Eiðr, Eiður,
    Áedán, Aodh

Gear: Leather armor, One-Handed Axe, Knife,
    X.jpg
    Having many different names in his birth, the first thing he heard at his birth was an oath, then cracklings, a fire broke out in his home. His name wasn't chosen yet, so people (including his parents which didn't know how to name him) called him either Eiðr or Áedán, either way, he wasn't in age to care about such details. After his parents succeed at running away from the fire, they took care of him as much as they could, nevertheless, they never smiled, before his birth, they would fight, they would shout, they would hit each other, but at his birth, they stopped those violent acts, instead of grimacing over their misfortunes, they just stopped smiling.

Was it for the best ? Perhaps. It was at least better for him to see his parents unsmiling than arguing and fighting each other until blood flows. He grew up somehow normally, however, he never smiled, he never uttered a word, he never... all he did was learning, getting taught by his parents which couldn't smile as their bodies seemed to be thinner and thinner, unlike him who was growing studier and studier.

And one day, when he came to age, his parents were found, each other having wounds, one had an axe in his head while the other had a knife in her heart, they killed each other in the end. They always wanted to fight, but they never did for their child, but the moment he was gone.
    A fight broke out, all the frustration that was pilled up exploded and they fought, their whole bodies were covered in a layer of red. Nevertheless, the eyes of their child didn't waver, he simply stated a fact.

"That is how it ends."
    It was the first words he uttered in more than fifteen years of life, nothing moved in him, his parents didn't give him one thing. Humanity. He wasn't human-like. He was more like... a statue of ice that the snow buried deep down in the earth.
    Then, he lived peacefully on his own, getting money with any means existing, in the end, he never left his home until he came to age, and when it happened, his parents killed each other. He was necessary to install a sort of stability between them. Why did he leave then ?
    In his opinion, he learned more than enough, so he left.
    He didn't need much of a reason.

One day, the Ragnarok broke out.
    His village was suddenly invaded with all kind of monsters, what he remembered the most was the overwhelming trolls who suddenly came out of nowhere.
    As it came nearer and nearer, he decided to gain time to run away, to survive, he attracted the trolls to the center of the villages so they get busy with his neighbors, and the fight will become fiercer and fiercer as disasters seem to happen more frequently, instead of hours, it became minutes.
    The earth fissured, and he dashed, running away from the incoming destruction.

For some reasons, he fell deeper and deeper toward the unknown, he found himself in a locked place, and he saw one thing. Yggdrasil, he was... where was he ? Locked by Yggdrasil's root was he ? He didn't know where he was, but did it matter ?
    Of course not.
    Eiðsson as his main name, his personality actually never changes no matter in what circumstances he is. He is just inflexible and don't seem to hold in care anything around him. All he does have one goal, living. He never found anything that interested him.

Maybe one thing that may change his lack of personality, runes. When he heard stories about runes, he would set his mind on obtaining pieces of information about them. As long as he never saw them, it was fine by him, as long as it was new runes, it was fine. He didn't care about the rest.

OOC: And, I finally did character~
    Not guaranteed that I will really play though.

Quaesitor and tottiy like this.
  18. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Seems good. Accepted!

Naraku likes this.
  19. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Mylferia Gandr

Gear: Leather and Mail Gauntlet, Chainmail and iron Chestpiece, Leather Greaves, Halberd, Short Sword, Round Shield.

Appearance: Silver Haired female with average looking build but hiding some dense Muscles beneath those fair skin.

Backstory: Born on the Village islands of Rostearis, Myl was born on a family of Gandr Warrior Clan which specializes on weapons with poison of deadly snakes. as such while the offsprings are born unto the clan, the parents let their sons and daughters to get bitten by venomous snakes. whilst her brothers and sisters were crying in pain and fighting the poison, Mylferia wasn't even perturbed on her sleep. believing that she was a chosen Child of Jörmungandr, She was Trained on the sword, spear and bow.

with the sudden appearance of the island Bjørnøya near their solitary Village islands, the Clan Leader, Myl's Father, Decided to send a Expedition Team with half of their finest warriors and trainees to scout and learn if it can be conquered and lived in.

Though Accidents and Calamities came on their Landing Ships, Mylferia Survived with her gear alone on the shores of Bjørnøya.
    she decided to continue her mission, though she might be easily distracted by (cute)snakes and berries.

Personality: Cheerful, (airhead), Easily Distracted.

Quaesitor, tottiy and Nahrenne like this.
  20. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, before I accept this, 2 questions.
    1. How exactly does the poison resist thing work, and what other effects might it have?
    2. The village mentioned - would it be in the new world, or in the old world? Also, the island did not suddenly appear, but was always there, just uninhabited by humans.