Spoiler The Big Landlord

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, May 6, 2017.

1. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and ML went to the lantern festival in the city. They went to buy a lantern. If you've read about them before, people would write their wishes on the lantern, light them and let them float along the river. MC bought an ugly duckling lantern, its probably not ugly but amongst the beautiful flower lanterns, it definitely stood out. He wrote something on it and let it float. When ML asked about it, he answered that it's just a little game. ML said he looked forward to waifu's mini game.

There's actually a legend about this lantern festival. A long time ago, the people whom lighted them are mixed from young to old, men to women and their wishes varies not restricted to just love life. One day, a woman floated her lantern and a man fished it out. They became a couple and lived happily ever after. From there, this festival slowly change into a matchmaking festival where the girls would float their lantern in hopes of finding their soulmate.

When they saw MC lighting the lanterns and sending it afloat on the river, that got a mix of funny and admiring looks to MC because he's a man and they assumed he wanted to find his match too, and because he's a beautiful man. Of course, then they saw ML beside him and their close and intimate interactions. Pity, there's two very fine man there and yet they've been taken for each other.

I forgot most of the game details, but first MC went to eat some tofu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) NO!! I mean really ate some tofu. They got to a stall and ate the tofu there, and MC gave the lady whom managed the stall a paper. He asked her if she can help him pass this paper to someone if they came looking for it. Next he went to a place where they burn the lanterns, probably, not sure. They're arranged until 100 items tall and whomever can light until the tallest (100th) will gain a prize. ML asked if he wanted the prize, but he declined. ML went and lighted until 99th in one go, not a feat that any random guy can do. People there looking at ML, seems like he can even light the 100th easily but he didn't. Then MC gave another paper to someone there. Next, MC and ML went to...I'm not sure, a boat? He gave another paper and proceed to go on it with ML.

Continued later.

--I'm a dividing line--

I kinda forgot to continue...ahem, sorry.

On with it.

The men who came to the festival each were rushing against each other trying to fish the flower lanterns, in hopes that they would meet their soulmate just like in the legend. However, amongst the beautiful flower lanterns, an ugly duckling lantern floats together with them. Being different and with te contrast compared to the beautiful lanterns, it looked even more ugly. The men were laughing at the duck, some even wanted to fish it to know whom and what wish was written on it when they were reprimanded. One person only has one chance to fish the lantern. No one wanted to waste their chance on an ugly duckling. However, two handsome and upright men were watching the duck lantern. One of them got interested and fished it, wanting to find out whose lantern it is but the lantern only has instructions for the game and clue to the next checkpoint. Intrigued, the men went to the tofu place and got confirmation that the owner has their next clue but they have to take up the challenge first which was to eat some bowls of tofu. Not hard, they're men with big appetite (Obasama is staring at MC who was full from just one bowl) and it was not restricted to just one person who had to eat them. Next they got the challenge to light the 100th lantern. Not hard, they got good kung fu and not just an ordinary citizen with no martial arts background. Next, they went to the boat and instructed to find the person who set these challenges. From the clues and description given by those who were entrusted with them, they search for MC and ML.

MC almost thought that no one would have been able to answered the challenge as it was almost close to the time limit he had set. Oh well, it was just a game to pass time. As he was about to leave with ML, someone shouted that he found them. It's the two men from before. However, what could have been a good start turned out to be a meeting between adversaries. The person who was interested and dragged his companion into this mini game is the Second Prince (I think it's the second). Later on, the ML also told MC that the Prince has influence and capabilities but no backing, so he colluded with the Fifth Prince who had strong backings and the hidden boss for many of the businesses MC went into.

:sushi_peak:if there's no post in between, I'm gonna edit the Latest post. The watchers won't get alerts though..so check the previous post in case I've updated my post, okay? :sushi_singing:

reader_O8, yfndsh, puu264 and 14 others like this.
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you oba sama *snuggles*
    Btw are those people the mc asked for info about the ml in the beggining ml's people?

3. ririririn

ririririn //hikiLurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, just want to ask.. I can't seem to open the tl site.. Am I the only one?

4. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    So.... I accidentally deleted the spoiler (read: rant) I typed about MC's stepsister's fate. It's a particularly long wall of text full of details and my grievances as I read it.

I'll retype it sometime later, and post it again when I'm done. In the meantime, here's a screenshot I took of the warnings when I was typing it.
    trigger warnings.png

reader_O8, yfndsh, hikaharu and 6 others like this.
  5. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I accidentally forgot to spoil this. Got distracted by other novels......so I might have gotten these details mixed up, but here's the gist of it.

This is about MC's stepsister who was married off to a local merchant at An Yuan County. That merchant who was fat but seems like he honestly like the stepsis, well he's not. The guy actually come from a family of businessman where his father is also a merchant. However, he is more business savvy than his dad and the business flourish in his hand. But the MTL here implies that he was operating behind the scene and letting his father be the one on the front end of their business. Why am I telling you this? Because this, my dear readers, is my introduction to the cruelty of this demon in human skin.

I'll post more later, am a bit busy at the moment. However, do note the warnings in the post upstairs before opening my spoilers in regards to the stepsister.

--Update

All right let's continue before I accidentally fell asleep.

Sure MC was the one who married off stepsister to the merchant, but the stepsister did not reject his choice. Yes, she rejected the marriage, but she did not rejected his choice of groom for her. Might also be caused by stepmom's persuasion, but she still ended up marrying him as his wife. Of course, being the stepsister of the landlord, and brought up as a young miss, stepsister is arrogant and she looked down on the merchant and his family. She order them around, doesn't give her respect, doesn't treat them as in-laws. She's too entitled, the type who thinks that she is doing them a favor by marrying into the family and so she deserve to be treated majestically. She doesn't even try to cover her attitude, so her bad behaviours is notorious among the household (and perhaps locals I'm not sure).

You might be thinking how pitiful the merchant husband and his family, for welcoming this woman into the family. Hold on to that thought. You might want to rethink that again after I'm done with this.

reader_O8, yfndsh, puu264 and 10 others like this.
  6. lyn

lyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the MC react to how the husband treated MC’s stepsister? Did he helped her or did he think it serves her right?
    Btw, was it this stepsister family that tried to murder the original MC or was it the other stepsister?

7. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to the rest of that spoiler?

8. gideon

gideon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

MC helped her for the sake of their family's face ( after all MC did not want anyone known that they can easily be bullied ) so what he did is let them divorced / separate I think... MC retrieved his sister's dowries and that concubine who hurt / scratched his sister's face also suffer the same fate.. but after settling everything.. MC cut all ties with her ...

the one who murdered the original MC was the other sister who ran away

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  9. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    The first CN novel that I read its raw, though the link: http://www.lcread.com/bookpage/264345/ doesn't let me read the wedding night chapter! I only got 2 words that translated into "harmonious." I was like, ok... resume reading the morning-after of their wedding. :sushi_dead:

iampheng likes this.
  10. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man...... The beginning of this novel really pisses me off!!!!! I mean I get it because of the times but man still pissed off.

I feel so bad for the daughters. They are still ur kids. Also if you are gonna treat your wife like crap why do u keep marring? Ahhhhh the dad is suck a sick!

>_> ok now that I'm done venting... Back to the novel

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    *vomit blood*

I forgot about this thread.

The in-laws aren't satisfied with their daughter-in-law@MC's stepsister. She doesn't respect her husband too, and thus she alienated herself and her mom from the rest of the household. Step-mom told her to give birth to her husband's son, so she got a stable standing in the house. She ate all the nutritious stuff, and prepare her body for the pregnancy/impregnation but the merchant husband doesn't even touch her. He even brought back a concubine/mistress and spend every night with the mistress. Of course stepsister is furious. Even moreso when that mistress got pregnant. So stepsister poisoned the mistress' food and she miscarriaged. Bye, baby#1. Furious, husband threatened her with divorce since she is not virtuous or something. She's this bundle of anger waiting to explode. The husband's side cannot wrong the stepsister too much, because her backing is MC. But that doesn't stop husband from taking home 2 other mistresses. During that time, that's a man's privilege. And of course, it's a rinse and repeat. The mistresses got pregnant but no bun in the oven for stepsister yet. Even after husband threatened to bring her to the government as per your usual villain's deeds, she again repeated her previous actions. After about a month, when the pregnancy is unstable, she went and did something to frighten the last mistress, so she miscarried. Bye, baby#2. Then she went to the other pregnant mistress but this one is not your average fragile lady. She fought back, and stepsister got injured pretty bad. She got dragged and locked up by the husband, without letting her injuries got treated. Later on step-mom got her out but her looks are ruined because the injuries weren't treated ASAP.

And they went to complain at MC's household, the one at that county. That's where MC knew about this. At this point, rather than people pointing their fingers at the husband for his unfaithfulness, or the unjust treatment stepsister got, the people are pointing fingers at stepsister and stepmom, since they are two leeches who spent the husband fam's wealth but aren't virtuous and even caused the deaths of two of her husband's child.

At this point, one might say that the stepsister and step-mom got their just dessert, but you know that the husband is not without guilt here too. However, he orchestrated all these so that he would end up as the husband who had been wronged by his wife. Yes, orchestrated. He took the mistresses home and had them pregnant so that stepsister would be spurred to action. Those baby deaths, for his image.

reader_O8, yfndsh, Shizun and 6 others like this.
  12. gideon

gideon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL.. well they did not consummate the wedding so no worries about the details.. although MC got drunk with an aphrodisiac wine I think given by ML's uncle ( ML knows what the wine is ) so they do help each other ;)

alexfilia and Zhen_Qing like this.
  13. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Two innocent lives was sacrificed, that merchant husband of step-sister is a horrible human being! Do MC and ML managed to pin him down with something? :blobpoliceangry:

LaDyViL and Poor_Hero like this.
  14. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    fxxx those are innocent beings! he deserves to be impotent! he shouldn't be a man!

LaDyViL and Zhen_Qing like this.
  15. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Open this spoiler for more reasons to hate him. Better recheck the warnings I gave. If anyone forgets the warnings, click this link: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4143889/

So they go and tattle to MC, who was on the way to ML's land (his family got that bestowed by emperor and MC intend to make it into his fabric business district). These shameless mom and daughter seems to have forgotten their previous treatment to MC. Of course, MC can't just disregard this. He went to merchant husband's place, as expected by the merchant. However, unlike their expectation that MC came to demand justice for stepsister, he only came to ask that stepsis's dowry be returned to her. Merchant husband got servants to return the dowry but ohshyt a chest is missing. The culprit would be the mistress who put a fight against stepsister and got her child safe. She saw how stepsister was not favored, so she just took the dowry and pawned it off. Now, the items aren't enough to be returned. Merchant husband got so angry, he hit the mistress. The pregnant mistress. Even when she fell down, and started bleeding, the merchant husband didn't care. Even when she begged him to save their child, the husband just ignored her. He never intended to let his firstborn be born from a mistress. Bye, baby#3. Merchant husband changed it to some other things, and sent it out with the rest of the dowry. But of course, the MC recognize his own things so he called him out on it. The merchant husband's mom fought back saying that MC is slandering them of taking the stepsis's dowry when the merchant husband or probably his father told her to shut it. Yes, mother in law, your son is guilty of what you just said. MC went on slapping their faces by asking them, the pawn shop that mistress went to pawn those things, whose shop so they think those are? Or something along those lines...MTL is confusing that way. Merchant husband deny all parts, he didn't know mistress did this. To settle things, MC asked him who gave stepsister those scars. You know the fight I mentioned before? When stepsister fainted, the mistress who miscarried (baby#2) and merchant husband disfigured stepsister's face. This mistress is actually merchant husband's favorite. MC demand that she got disfigured too. Merchant husband was of course reluctant, this is his favorite, but for his sake he told her to disfigure herself. The mistress felt so betrayed, she was scared to disfigure herself. However under all the pressure, finally the knife tore a line on her face, but it's not so bad. Just one line I think, not sure but it's not bad compared to stepsister's. Still, the damage was done. Whatever goodwill mistress had to merchant husband gone poof.

And so MC left. Stepsister and step-mom of course asked whether he got justice for them, but when told what happened they weren't satisfied. MC didn't care. As far as he knew, they're married off daughter and mom. The main house shouldn't even be helping them anymore. They left with the dowry.

That's all I remembered, but she didn't get a good ending anyway. They still continued with their lavish lifestyle until the dowry was used up, or was it robbed can't remember. Stepsister lived while being scorned by everyone. And she's disfigured too, so no one wants her for her looks, not that her attitude is any better.

My spoilers are based on MTL. Don't rely on them too much, wait for the translator to reach them for more reliable information.

reader_O8, yfndsh, Shizun and 7 others like this.
  16. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler LaDyVil~! I had actually forgotten the warning tags before reading that spoiler.
    I pity the three babies' lives that ended because their rotten father is a scum. However, the silver lining is that they avoided being raised under the same roof as that monster... :blobupset: Hope his p**** shriveled into impotency. :blobdevil:

Though now I'm wondering why the merchant husband accepted the step-sister as wife? He didn't sleep with her, so it's not about heir. If it's about the dowry, he returned everything, even replaced whatever's necessary. So, in the first place, why marry her?

17. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome. Those poor babies though...and the mistresses too.

It has been awhile since I read this, but iinm the Old An Lord intended to give some lands as stepsister's dowry. Probably, merchant husband also wanted these lands too. However, when MC took over the household, he made sure to have only valuable items/treasures instead of land as stepsister's dowry. Merchant husband did not expect this, so he did not get what he wanted. Whether he slept with her or not, I'm honestly not sure because there were parts that say he did spent about half a month/a few months with stepsister before he turned lukewarm and spend his time with his mistress.

reader_O8, Veedah, puu264 and 4 others like this.
  18. Shunraiki

Shunraiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me, does the MTL ok, in sense of can it be understood.. Recently, I have been reading tooooo muchhh MTL that my brain shut down by itself. I have no idea why they (cough*google*cough) translate " he looks so embarrassing and pure" who the heck look like that? or " he licks his scorpion", he should be dead by now.

19. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Comparing it to the cultivation or palace MTL, it's definitely more readable than those. As for the translations that doesn't make sense.....try jumping between machines to get a good grasp of the real meaning. It's usually google that "assumes" the translation needs "corrections" so when you use others such as bing or yandex, sometimes they'd give you better translation.

20. Shunraiki

Shunraiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't know about yandex or bing translator at all, thanks for this information :blob_grin: