Question God and Devil Imprint (GDW)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Astaroth, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just wondering something, does everyone on Earth have their own "god and devil imprint" or not? There's been a lot of plot revolving around how everyone want to steal the MC's god and devil imprint ever since he got to the other worlds.

But honestly I don't really remember the god and devil imprint being mentioned before MC left earth. (Though it's been like years since I started reading GDW so it could be that I just forgot.)

Also, something unrelated... I'm currently reading the arc where MC is in the human territory of the dino world and the emperor has gone mad. The emperor keeps calling himself "this seat" (QI translation) and honestly it's incredibly stupid looking in English.

I've seen it before when reading MTL so I know that the raws for it is "本座", it's some way for stuff like kings and emperors to refer to themselves in third person or something to show how awesome and superior they are. But does anyone know what it actually means like in English?

Like maybe something along the lines of "This Majesty" or such?

I bet I've seen it elsewhere as well, but I'm guessing that since it would've gotten a sensible translation into English I wouldn't have paid attention to it...

2. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is gdw?

3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i believe he got the imprint upon conquering a major city or the capital
    then got the nucleous on the 2nd or 3rd world

Arbalest and Astaroth like this.
  4. BloodShadow

BloodShadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GDW - God and Devil World

5. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it god and devil world?, if yes l already lose interest long time ago when the mc go to vietnam

elengee likes this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, the thing is though, it seems like you need the god and devil imprint to get exp and level up by taking pieces of enemy souls or w/e, I distinctly remember that someone was complaining about how the corpses after the MC had killed them weren't as valuable since they lost part of their essence or w/e. Which is basically the explenation for how you can grow stronger, right? And apparently the guys in the other two worlds can't do this.

But the thing is, every human on earth can do this, not just the MC, so that's why it seems strange to me that even if the imprint is a unique thing that the MC got at some point, the power attributed to it isn't exclusive at all since everyone else can also level up by killing zombies and become enhancers just like the MC.

7. BloodShadow

BloodShadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea it is indeed god and devil world and it indeed has a lot of things that are repeating a lot but still it's not too bad .

8. judgekun

judgekun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His imprint really got after defeat the zombies in the capital, I believe.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    not absolutely sure, but humans can only absorb with the system weapons, so it is not them but their weapon, and it didn't work if you killed the same specie
    while after the imprint he started to get even when he killed humans (althrough from others world) so probably different system

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Kaiser Megami

Kaiser Megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone on Earth have a GDW imprint but why take a low class imprint with limited potential when you can take th MC.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So, are alien lolis any good? :blobsleepless:

12. shiroketsuki

shiroketsuki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC got the imprint when he was sent to the second world. He got the imprint because he has conquered the capital and and chose to go to the second world willing, this does not mean that everyone on earth has the god and devil imprint because not all of them had gone to the second world and the one that went there were mostly get transferred forcefully. For example the girl that can read mind in the second world( i forget her name..but we has awakened her mind reading even before the apocalypse) she got transferred there forcefully. From the latest translated chapters, i think people who are currently have the god-devil imprint are the apostles in the kingdom of god and yue zhong ( and another guy that he killed but that guy probably got the imprint through some other means).

Astaroth likes this.
  13. shiroketsuki

shiroketsuki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not everyone on Earth has the imprint..only those who opened the portal willingly have that imprint.