LCD Tales of The Reincarnated Lord

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Jul 26, 2016.

1. StupidMinotaur

StupidMinotaur Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i used google auto translator to read the raws LUL

2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems Lorist never told Tarkel that he's suspecting that the war is a huge conspiracy set by greedy Union and that NTR noble (whose name I won't bother to remember because he stole Locke's first love).

Don't Grindians only do Sol! ?

3. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    Solling hell doesn't sound that convincing, does it? XD They can have a variety of swearwords too you know.

4. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I never noticed because I'm too used to it. XD

The mere narration of Lysecott's attempt in the translated chapter made me feel like he should be killed right there before he becomes a worse existence at the hands of the 'loyalists'.

The detailed part shared by someone here gave me horrors on what may happen in the future considering that something as heavy as attempted rape did not reach Locke's bottom line.

5. OneChompMan

OneChompMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wasn't there a drug you could take that would prevent you from getting pregnant? why does that dina girl act like a spoiled brat every time she gets mentioned. wanting lorist to give her child a barony just like that.

Shadowsan likes this.
  6. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess they just didn't use it? Either that or it's not 100% effective.

7. OneChompMan

Reading List:
    Link
    it's 100% effective from what i remember in the early chapters. all the waitresses at the bar used it, Lorist first gf used it too. i think the nico girl used it at first too. Hell i just realised she used to use it too with her aunt when they were fucking randoms in that queen's gathering. so why the hell is she acting bratty and blaming lorist for getting pregnant when the only form of contraceptive available for them has to be done by her

Shadowsan likes this.
  8. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    because its a barony? oO and he can give it? plus, I'm pretty sure they want to have as many kids as possible, EVERY single one of them.

Any accurate news about author? like, the possibility of he resuming it is still there? I feel sad every time I thought about this novel.

9. OneChompMan

Reading List:
    Link
    See my problem is that she gets too entitled and disrespectful. Lorist may not mind but his retinue wouldnt look at it kindly. None of his other concubines asked for anything when they gave birth to their kids. Thats even counting the ones with the Lorist household name. Instead they are content becoming knights like lorist's half siblings. She wants her child who is a dina not a lorist to have a barony just because. Not even Irina was that conceited. She feels that just because they fuck she can ask anything. Imagine that from a soldier's perspective. Go to 10 battles and at most you get a few gold royals. Some girl opens her leg and gets a barony

Shadowsan likes this.
  10. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    *Norton

I do feel like it might have something to do with the recent events with the whole heir and talk about succession. Perhaps she just wants her son to live peacefully, so getting him a barony would be enough. He gets some land and gets to rule over it, and not have to worry about the fight over the Dukedom. And to be fair, you shouldn't exactly compare a random soldier and the ruler's son.

Shadowsan and k1nk4 like this.
  11. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    Still on hiatus. . .

12. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, go say that to him, that his woman cant be disrespectful and order him around when they are alone/being intimate. I'm already seeing how he will punish her, and how the subordinate that got the great idea of intruding in his personal matters will fare.

before, he was only a baron, he had very little ppl under him, even so, they were all rebels, so he wouldnt give them titles and lands even if he wanted to.
    Most of what he got now, he used his own work, not inherited from his ancestors, and ofc that it only would make sense for him to make his own blood inherit it, why would he give it to nieces, and distant relatives when he got a lot/and will got more sons/dauthers? your logic is kinda weird to me.

remember that the girl opened her legs to the lord. Just based in the fact that the kid is his son, he deservers some of Lorist inheritance, and though his dominion was called a barony before, by his actual lands and ppl under him, to call it a kingdom now is not overrated.

QUOTE="CodeZero, post: 4125408, member: 65301"]*Norton
    I do feel like it might have something to do with the recent events with the whole heir and talk about succession. Perhaps she just wants her son to live peacefully, so getting him a barony would be enough. He gets some land and gets to rule over it, and not have to worry about the fight over the Dukedom. And to be fair, you shouldn't exactly compare a random soldier and the ruler's son.[/QUOTE]
    I think she was just playing around, like, her son would get it even if she didnt ask for it.

13. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily, since he has taken on her surname, rather than the Norton surname, he might not be in the family records, in which case he might not receive an inheritance. At least not a proper official one. But it does honestly seem redundant, since it'd be more likely for Norton to outlive all of his children.

OneChompMan likes this.
  14. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    If you guys are talking about Arriotoli, I think she just wants her son to be out of the "inheritance war" in the future by having her son granted a barony. It's like Telesti having Nico Academy + some funds for whatever research.

Not sure if she wanted to be pregnant because she doesn't show up that much even when Lorist has children from her aunt and her sister. (whoa I just realized her aunt's child is her cousin)

15. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I would do a blitz on Union for a small but decent bite, then defend and waste away their forces.

16. StupidMinotaur

Reading List:
    Link
    its a drug at a temple you can get and then you need to get the antidote at the temple. which is like 1 silver or 5 which is cheap but there migght not be one up north.

17. StupidMinotaur

Reading List:
    Link
    which isn't that smart considering that lock was the second son and still got the noble title. pretty much disowned because he almost killed his younger brother and his youger brother got infront of him of the title then dies to an animal attack. if i remember it correctly.

18. OneChompMan

Reading List:
    Link
    not all legitimate children get noble title. just that they are all in-line for the throne if the one before them dies. legitimate children don't suddenly become barons because their fathers are dukes, let alone illegitimate children. Lorist was born from the Lord's legitimate wife, same as his brothers who were ruling before him. notice how his half brothers didn't have the Norton household name? (example his woodcutting brother from middle chapters). Remember the previous duke of northlands at most gave his half children (only the ones who were talented) high positions in his army, his legitimate children were knights at most, and that was considered benevolent. I understand Lorist is different from normal noble, however, arriotoli's child is neither his main wife's or a Norton from her refusal of his name. making anyone but the heir a noble will just lead to chaos down the road as they can choose to grow an army and challenge the throne.

Telesti's Nico Academy was given as a favour to telesti herself and not her children from lorist, the same kind of favour ariotoli got from lorist saving her barony and making her a vassal free of charge. Telesti didn't start requesting her children be named barons on grounds of them being from lorist, not even Lorist's main wife was that brash. I just dislike her entitled attitude

she had taken the drug when lorist had taken her from paradise gathering. there is no reason i can think of for her to take the antidote if she absolutely hated the idea of pregnancy unless this is just her being a bratty child

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  19. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    It appears that this time Lorist is adamant about not going to war for that little shit, the 2nd asshole. I wonder if his allies can persuade him to bail their incompetent asses out in the war or if he will really not participate. I think his 3 allies owe him for helping them out in the war against the 4 dukes, where they betrayed him and could at the very least not participate in the war to repay his many, many contributions to their alliance.

20. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see what your point is. Lorist didn't immediately become a noble upon the death of his father. He only became one due to being the last surviving legitimate Norton. Also, you should realise that being exiled is not the same as being disowned. Being disowned is a lot worse. If Lorist was actually disowned, he wouldn't have had a (legitimate) claim to the Noble House.

I feel like it really depends on what the normal noble rules on succession in Grindia are. It's very much possible that they had Gavelkind succession laws where all available titles are split to the children, with the oldest getting the primary title (which would be Duke in this case).

Also, I feel like the threat of claimants and rivalry still exists even if only the heir is made a noble. I mean, that's what political rivalry and war of succession are all about. It's also pretty redundant, considering that they could be given land as rewards as well. I mean, sure, it's likely done due to loyalty or success, but at the same time it could also create ambition. Just look at the managers of the old household. They were given nobility due to their loyalty, but not all of them appreciate it (Hansk) and as a result there's political strife in the territory.

It's been stated in the past that the alliance doesn't owe each other anything. While Lorist has provided the most benefit to the other members of the alliance, he has also received helped from it. That's why he hasn't disbanded the alliance despite being superior to them militarily.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018