A Country vs one Continent

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Djoty, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A stupid premise. Even if you wanted that justification you'd have it the second they attacked. There's no reason to let the attack succeed if you knew it was coming.

2. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you look at allies as a reason for war then 100% the US shouldn't have been involved in WWII. After all, poland was abandoned by all of their allies in europe and left to die, it's only right to have left the rest of europe to the same fate. France was paid for their help in US independence, so not really a reason to have a great amount of loyalty towards people hundreds of years later.

3. Darkanlan

Reading List:
    Link
    Propaganda works better when you have pictures of suffering people.

4. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    *Wasnt France in dept after the war tho..?*

5. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is totally violating the #10 forum rules, guys. Let's stop this conversation before someone's blood pressure goes up.

qwertzuiop likes this.
  6. Darkanlan

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure about debt, but I know they did sell 2/3 of the US for a pretty cheap price to cover war expenses later.

7. Night Phoenix

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Propaganda can be gotten in other ways that aren't the destruction of your navy. It's a stupid premise no matter how you look at it.

qwertzuiop likes this.
  9. Night Phoenix

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if they sold it for cheap then its prob to get rid of it and gain some money while theyre at it.. Two birds one stone

10. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link

Night Phoenix likes this.
  11. Night Phoenix

Reading List:
    Link
    *No one is commenting*
    *Looks around*
    .. EUROPE, EUROPE!!

12. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Morocco is actually a country where the businessmen love to be. It is a country for the rich mostly, as its taxes are really low... people love that place but for the average person, it is expensive.
    Furthermore, I cannot imagine how Morocco will host it when it is so small... Brazil worked was because it was a nation of football & they had plenty of stadiums. In fact,t hey made some new stadiums & renovated all of them... even so, there was a huge issue as it costed too much for a single country to host.

That's why recently it is a trend to host it between two nations or so. Lack of stadiums, lack of money & etc, it is hard to win. Only countries that have super mega rich oil snakes can make a difference... for example, few of the richest people who are spoiled & want to host it for their own entartainment.. kinda like Bill Gates making a bid to host it through USA or something. That's what Morocco & Saudi Arabia is.

13. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Um... as Vincent1873 points out, we Americans got the name “soccer” from the English. I don’t like American Football, but even I know that there is a logical reason for its name: it’s because the ball was originally a foot long. Still could be, I’m not sure, but that’s definitely the reason the sport was named “Football.” Just because a different kind of “foot” was used for the name, shouldn’t mean that Americans are stupid and should be disqualified.

14. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    soccer is a abreviation for the word association in this case association football
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/whats-the-origin-of-the-word-soccer/

15. KIZUKI

KIZUKI 〈Shem's Minion〉《Fish licker》

Reading List:
    Link
    And yet loses to a bunch of farmers with guns

Djoty likes this.
  16. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't know that why you guys call it "Football", still don't like it, I see it as like Rugby, tried watching the superball to see what all the fuss is all about, made me sleepy, though I didn't know the rules and want count as incredible play

17. President_Lincoln

President_Lincoln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good sir, I shall offer some food for thought. The might of countries are not moved because of moral obligation. Rather, morality is but a veil to overshadow the costs that war brings. Predating the Second World War, the United States existed on the world stage as a recluse plagued with the woes accompanying the great depression. The sudden economic upturn following the later stages of the war provided the United States the means to bankroll a full scale war effort and then some. A fellow might ask, 'Why President Abe, how is such a summary relevant to the conversation at hand?' So as to address this quandry, i thus say that a responsible country will not fight for others without first addressing the plight within their borders!

18. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    So US couldn't be bother to participate in a war, to solve a problem that they themselves created and was in the origin of that same war

The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression that took place mostly during the 1930s, beginning in the United States
    The Great Depression severely affected Central Europe. The unemployment rate in Germany, Austria and Poland rose to 20% while output fell by 40%.[citation needed]
    Germany's Weimar Republic was hit hard by the depression as American loans to help rebuild the German economy now stopped.
    The unemployment rate reached nearly 30% in 1932, bolstering support for the Nazi (NSDAP) and Communist (KPD) parties,

19. President_Lincoln

President_Lincoln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is certainly true, sir, that the great depression proved to be a bane for many a nation. However, such hardly constitutes the United States' involvement in the Second World War. Our great nation does not hold jurisdiction nor responsibility over how other countries manage their economies. Furthermore, the responsibility lies with Germany and Hitler who instigated war in order to counteract their economic woes.

Regarding the Great Depression, It was not as if the United States of years past sought to maim it's trade partners by crashing their own economy. The great depression was a consequence of a coencidental multitude of many unforseen problems. As the saying goes, foresight is 20/20, and the United States suffered alongside everyone else. That isn't to say, that the United States instigated Hitler's rise to power, but rather, Hitler's solution to rectify internal economic strife was particular irresponsible and morally lacking on the grand scale. As for Japan, the United States hardly caused the gross racial supremacy that fueled their motive for the invasion of mainland China. I dare say such an argument lacks proper justification.

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19656.png
    security problem~