Discussion Is "Because Janitor-san Is Not a Hero" worth the read?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by The Douche, Jun 14, 2018.

1. The Douche

The Douche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reviews are mixed, so I can't really decide if I should read it or not.

The description sounds intriguing but the reviews just really make me uncertain.

(Spoilers are fine for me and thank you in advance)

2. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it dropped? It's been more then 1 year since last chapter.......
    Just because no one picked it's better for you to not read.... unless you can read the raw.....
    It's a fairly decent isekai story, I guess? But it's pretty much a tale of an underdog with his pet cat travelling around the new world.....

The Douche likes this.
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    If it ever gets tranlated again and continued, then its worth it. As it is its not. He's not overpowered and the story has decent character building.

Chiiiiiiiii, The Douche and Atl92 like this.
  4. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it good, although the translation has been paused for awhile (I would continue reading whenever it picks up again). Although it is very frustrating that the MC’s blessing was stolen, and what makes it worse is that it is certainly the best one (and the guy goes berserk with it sometimes as it wasn’t meant for him) and the douche who stole it is being treated as a big damn hero.
    That said, MC does well enough for himself and tries his best with his lot in life without moping around and feeling regretful. He is fairly proactive and is a great guy. Not to mention Yukishiro (the tiger) is practically a brother to him as well. It is interesting to find out how far MC can go without a blessing, or whether he can surpass one who has his blessing. He already has in some ways.
    P.S. Would be best if it was retranslated from the beginning as the current translations are a bit sub-par and confusing sometimes (though I give them major props for the effort as I wouldn’t be able to do even sub-par translations that still get the general plot through with a bit of effort). So you should probably put it in your reading list (as it is a good read) and check it out when translations (hopefully good) start again.

Chiiiiiiiii and The Douche like this.
  5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    He would have won if that bitch of a princess did not shoot him, I hope she dies a horrific death

6. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. She probably won’t, but she is a bitch.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on early stage up to translated chappy well MC start from zero~ it quite frustrating see how his "fellow" treat him~
    later~
    well good enuf with not OP MC

8. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    What? Is this some sort of shield bro shenanigan? Cause I swear these words sound so familiar lol

9. deanadiktus

deanadiktus day-night reversal

Reading List:
    Link
    At some point it is worth a read, but with the state of it right now you will just be annoyed with most of the characters