Discussion Is Martial World worth it? (In comparison with ATG)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Doomsday, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys give me your thoughts about MW. I am really considering to read it. Because i thought it was simiral to ATG which is my favorite novel back then (i dropped it tho). Actually ATG got some really nice story, but the thing that trigger me is when Yun Che always fucking dies at every arc. The plot is basically
    GET some giri > kill enemies > MC somehow "die" > enemies goes for revenge > MC back in the nick of time > repeat. Fuck just thinking about yun che got me mad
    So is MW similar like that or somehow different?
    To read or not?
    Thanks!

2. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Beginning portion is pretty good, but then it falls into go to new place, meet young master, young master doesn't like MC cause xyz hes better than me, MC gets looked down upon by everyone, MC goes incognito to try to be low key, low key makes him stand out more in which he goes no I didn't want that but it just happens on well, MC and YM fights, MC eventually wins and swoons potential love interest,l. And rinse wash and repeat, you can literally not follow it for 20 or 30 chapters or so and still come back and miss nothing.

Cite, I Eat Monsanto, w7sh and 6 others like this.
  3. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like both novels but I prefer MW over ATG. MW´s MC is more likeable, there aren´t useless harem members and the story is less repetitve.
    The only thing in which ATG is better than MW is the face slapping. The face slapping of ATG is epic *-*

fuzor100, Refox0 and Doomsday like this.
  4. DeathDao

DeathDao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loved it so much. Remember 2 years ago when there was only 300 chapters translated and i went and did lnmtl for 2 weeks and ended the novel. Gotta say is one of the novel that i like the most. So yea give it a try

Refox0 and Doomsday like this.
  5. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who had kept reading it, that does happen, but it only really appears in the first few books. That being said, the later volumes are quite good, though there is a definite feeling of abandoning characters (them just fading into obscurity). Its pretty good and I would recommend, as its one of the few CN novels that I still read.

Doomsday likes this.
  6. TrussiaLink

TrussiaLink A Cultivator of the Dao of Cute

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite fond of MW myself, but it doesn't have anything particularly special going for it. It's mostly just a xianxia novel. If typical xianxia doesn't turn you off, then give it a read.

Doomsday likes this.
  7. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite fond of it.

Nah, joking. I usually skip-read 6-10 chapters and aim to the part where LM curbstomp those prideful young masters.

Doomsday likes this.
  8. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea the first part was interesting, I really did not like that childhood friend. But hey we're not in a cultivation novel so that's probably the reason.
    I liked it better then true martial world before even qidan dug their fangs officially into it.
    It was from my understanding in the same story building /setting and well unless I'm completely mistaken. In martial world the fae we're good with the law & physically weak while humans were weaker in the laws. In true martial world however the fae we're weak in the laws and strong physically while humans were strong in the laws. I could be mistaken but this irritated me when I read it if memory serves me.

9. littlewolfpup

littlewolfpup Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is one of the better cultivation novels to read, the realms are pretty good, The best partis the beggining of the novel, i feel like it drifts a bit now but is still worth reading.

Summary - way better than shit like WDQK or MGA but not at the level of awesome provided by AWE or ISSTH

Sin likes this.
  10. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    It follows a fairly safe formula without doing anything too special but it's good for what it is. Having finished it I definitely found it worth reading, I wouldn't put it in my top 3 CNs but definitely better than the average generic CN.

The MC doesn't let his mind wander too much on useless things and doesn't bother arguing back and forth with antagonists, he just ignores them and shuts them up later when they fight. I hate MCs that shout cliche lines or overreact to anything the enemy does while they're fighting so MW is a breath of fresh air from that.

The world building is also pretty good and the overall plot didn't disappoint. The cultivation system was done very well too.

I would say compared to ATG it's pretty different. Not as thrilling and entertaining but also not as frustrating and triggering.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    mars_mellows and Sin like this.
  11. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you just assuming? Because this basically never happens the second half of the story, and it happened very little in the first half.(half as in what's translated)

Martial World is great, probably the best cultivation novel here when you take everything into account.

12. Kung Pao

Kung Pao chickens don't get headaches, they eat my grains

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure in comparison to ATG most top ranked webnovels are worth a read, let alone MW which at least has a decent story line, is close to completely translated and also has a sequel...

13. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Like all the CN Novels repetitive, MC Character is stoic a bit boring and a hardworking person, he lacks personality and mostly focus on training, The total hours he spends with his harem is less than a month as he usually go back to training more training the only thing i really enjoyed is that MC is a bit smarter this time, but at 500+ the enemies are now complete utter retarded especially the plot where after he just keeps getting more and more enemies stacking up -.-.

14. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really good.
    It start casually, and somehow it's getting good as you read further. I'm really really recommend it so much

15. wrightl

wrightl Wizards are better than warriors

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a very generic Xianxia done very well. All of the normal cliches, but still quite enjoyable. It's even better when you binge a bunch of chapters instead of reading them one by one, so at 1580 chapters you're set for a week or two.

16. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    MW definitely better than ATG

17. Eolan

Eolan Totally serious poster

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good read. Just don't expect development of any side characters, be it allies or enemies.

18. Ojou-sama

Ojou-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon rider Xiao Moxian X)

19. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's bad to me. The novel has good things but everything is simple-salt and pepper simple. It also gets worse as it goes, I just find it hard to cheer on a perfect character.

20. asdf123

asdf123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's worth reading but gets pretty monotonous like 700 chapters in. i stopped reading it at 1000 because it was just tourney after tourney and i couldnt handle the mc being trash talked for the 100th fucking time. also the combat is getting pretty lame, my super omega technique makes me invincible at the same cultivation. but the mc has the omega super amazing technique and this op treasure and his will is the best ever therefore none of that matters but lets monologue for 3 chapters so the fight seems interesting.

that's pretty much how every fight goes for the last 500 chapters i read